Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 06:17 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,891,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
VA deaths covered up to make statistics look better, whistle-blower says

(CNN) -- Records of dead veterans were changed or physically altered, some even in recent weeks, to hide how many people died while waiting for care at the Phoenix VA hospital, a whistle-blower told CNN in stunning revelations that point to a new coverup in the ongoing VA scandal.

Whistle-blower: VA deaths were covered up - CNN.com
There's no doubt that this is truly scandalous, and it's about time it was dealt with. Unfortunately for the OP, however, it's not an Obama scandal. A few of the vets who have come forward say it took more than eight years to get a simple psych eval. This has been going on a long, long time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 06:32 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,824,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
Obviously you didn't read the link.
I did read the link.

Nothing in there beyond a sensational headline covering what is now old news, announced 2 weeks ago.

I keep forgetting the the VA was the pinnacle of efficiency before Obama.

Old 06-24-2014, 06:55 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,824,882 times
Viet Nam veterans were claiming back logs in the 60's. The VA has been a mess for decades no matter who sat the oval or held the majority, well before the influx of Iraq War Veterans.

From the embedded link:

"Difficulties accessing care "is something that goes way back as long as I can remember," said Rick Weidman, executive director of policy and government affairs at Vietnam Veterans of America.

Congress attempted to address a host of issues plaguing the VA in the 1990s. Those reforms improved some functions and the delivery of medical care. But more difficulty in assessing care was an unfortunate consequence of those steps.

The VA scrambled to meet a requirement that no veteran wait longer than 30 days for care.
The mandate was already demanding for a beleaguered VA, but Congress also required that more veterans and more benefits be covered.

Subsequent GAO reports found that the agency was not able to improve health care wait times and the situation actually became worse.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:22 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,521,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I did read the link.

Nothing in there beyond a sensational headline covering what is now old news, announced 2 weeks ago.

I keep forgetting the the VA was the pinnacle of efficiency before Obama.
If the whistleblower is accurate, the records of dead vets were altered 'in recent weeks,' hardly old news.

You and the 'it's not Obama's scandal' poster before you can put it all on Bush or Reagan or Nixon. If you've been asleep, Obama's been prez for 5 1/2 years. Does anything ever become his ?

There are 1) the long-term weaknesses of the VA to deliver timely services, and 2) the more recently discovered intent to deceive re their wait times. Even if you won't hold Obama at all responsible for (1), the past presidents can't be responsible for (2).

Old 06-24-2014, 07:34 PM

27,219 posts, read 46,814,781 times
If it wasn't so sad....it is almost a soap opera or dateline show.

Growdy is amazing and for an IRS commissioner to show such an arrogance, unbelievable. Show me the emails or at least some apology why all these people who are related in a business way, all lost their emails and hard drive.

What a cover up and this starts to look what happens in countries where there is a high level of corruption!

Old 06-24-2014, 07:40 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,079,560 times
Ok....after reading the lefties posts, it looks like Obama's off the hook.

Nicely done.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:35 AM

28,970 posts, read 30,336,251 times
Default Montel Williams Sounds off About the VA Scandal

‘How dare we’: A tearful Montel Williams sounds off on VA scandal – Glenn Beck

and he is right, I want our Soldiers to receive the best benefits and pay that we can offer....I'm sick and tired of those fat ol boys in Congress, giving themselves high pays and benefits, when they send our women and men to war.

I love Montel, however, he chose color over integrity and voted for Obama? Now he is angry, and rightfully so....I hope, and really pray all American's jump on board, we've had enough of incompetent Presidents....it's time character matters, regardless of party!

Old 06-25-2014, 06:59 AM

This is Insane, while I'm not fond of Obama, stupidity rules here....
How can Obama be soly responsible, when this has been going on for years??????

I was in a VA hospital many years ago, and the conditions were deplorable, and this was way before Obama's time. It was horrible and scary, and there were not many nurses.....

I swear, as I said, this is beyond stupid!

Old 06-25-2014, 07:26 AM

23,604 posts, read 17,287,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
''There have been demands for a full criminal investigation by the Department of Justice into the VA, and now the FBI Phoenix field office has started one, according to Townhall.''

''Since revelations of secret wait lists and veteran deaths at VA medical facilities surfaced two months ago, lawmakers on both sides of the political aisle have been pressing the Department of Justice to open up a criminal investigation into the ongoing VA scandal. According to CBS News, the FBI office in Phoenix has launched that criminal probe.''

''Phoenix was the first location where whistleblowers exposed potential criminal wrongdoing and stated veterans had died as a result of long wait times for care. As of now, we know the VA scandal includes more than 40 hospitals in dozens of states and that 120,000 veterans have experienced improper delays. The question now is whether the criminal probe will stop in Phoenix or expand to other locations embroiled in controversy.''

BREAKING: FBI Launches Criminal Investigation Into Obama's VA Scandal

The curtain is closing..... it's only a matter of time now before Obama is impeached, prosecuted, or both.
That should keep them busy for the next 5 years and preclude any other work. They will find Obama is as guilty or innoccent as any other president over the decades, no responsibility will fall to him. A win for obama.

While they do that political vindication, they will, of course, ignore the IRS scandal which Obama owns.
This way the FBI at the direction of the DOJ looks like a hero and of course the VA problems started long before Obama took office.....and then we run out of time. Obama goes free and Elizabeth Warren takes his place.

Oh, and a byproduct of the FBI political vindication investigation will actually help improve the vets medical care.

The only other issue the DOJ jumped on in record time was the lane closures in NJ in an attempt to take political revenge on CC and clear the way for HRC or now for EW.

The clearly political motivated DOJ only steps up to further obama's agenda or prosecute obama's enemies. The VA investigation is perfect timing.

Old 06-25-2014, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
That should keep them busy for the next 5 years and preclude any other work. They will find Obama is as guilty or innoccent as any other president over the decades, no responsibility will fall to him. A win for obama.

While they do that political vindication, they will, of course, ignore the IRS scandal which Obama owns.
This way the FBI at the direction of the DOJ looks like a hero and of course the VA problems started long before Obama took office.....and then we run out of time. Obama goes free and Elizabeth Warren takes his place.

Oh, and a byproduct of the FBI political vindication investigation will actually help improve the vets medical care.

The only other issue the DOJ jumped on in record time was the lane closures in NJ in an attempt to take political revenge on CC and clear the way for HRC or now for EW.

The clearly political motivated DOJ only steps up to further obama's agenda or prosecute obama's enemies. The VA investigation is perfect timing.
yes, you are right just as I thought and by a republican newspaper.....
I swear, the country gets dumber and dumber....
This has been going on for years folks
While I'm not fond of Obama, this is not his puppy, but, he has most likely ignored the pleas, just as any other president has for years and years!!!!!!!

I'm sick to death of our Congressmen, paying themselves great salaries, and taking the best benefits, but sening our young people to war to be mammed and killed, and then if they do live, to have to put up with primitive outdated systems....pay and benefits, this is outrageous and a henous crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies