Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 08:59 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,308,274 times

Advertisements

She's a POS. Just ask Vince Foster. wait...

Old 06-20-2014, 09:29 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,286,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
She's a POS. Just ask Vince Foster. wait...
Its attitudes like this that go far in explaining to me why the GOP can't win the presidency in 2016.

People who are this bitter and stuck in the past have nothing to offer this country.

Hillary Clinton was a lawyer defending her client in this case. There's no point in criminal defendants having a lawyer at all if they aren't able to do their job without having people blaming them for doing it as well as they can.

I realize Hillary is a bitter pill for many on the right to swallow. However, until you develop a "more normal" opposition that offers Americans something other than hate and negativity, you aren't going to go far.

Old 06-20-2014, 09:35 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,172,111 times
While all of are busy wringing your hands over a 40 year old, dubiously sourced sound bite made by a young woman which is also probably taken out of context, why don't you pay more attention to the ones made by the old men 10 years ago which were most definitely in context that got 4,500 of our men and women killed in Iraq?

Old 06-20-2014, 09:58 PM

4,657 posts, read 4,116,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
I think it's a bit disingenuous to play the outraged moral card here, it's just a case of a young and foolish attorney misguidedly and tastelessly showing off. I've never liked Hillary Clinton for other reasons, she voted for Iraq, and her apparent fondness for using the word 'honor' (ahna) - always struck me as trite, insincere.
Sock puppet 1 making excuse 1.

Lets keep a tally or something.

Last edited by cachibatches; 06-20-2014 at 10:14 PM..

Old 06-20-2014, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
I have no great love for the Clintons. Can't stand them, in fact, and I actually find the possibility of President Hillary somewhat frightening. However, this one is a bit complicated. Lawyers do have the obligation to advocate zealously for their clients. .
Incorrect. She was not a public defender. She did not have to take the case.

Quote:
I personally would have trouble being a criminal defense lawyer and putting any kind of effort into defending someone I knew was guilty, but for the soundness of the legal system and its basis in due process, I'm glad there are people who do this.
Again, private attorney is under no obligation to take a case from a person they believe is guilty.

But then, there's this:

Quote:
She's power-crazy. Whatever it takes for Hillary to get ahead, she'll do. If she's the Dem. nominee in '16, though, I'll be very surprised if the Republican candidate doesn't really play this up when the Dems start with the War on Women talk.
If it is Christi, he will be all over it in a minute. I am actually hoping for Scott Walker.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:10 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,257,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Incorrect. She was not a public defender. She did not have to take the case.
Okay, so I take it that you haven't listened to the tapes. Makes sense, that's par for the course around here. H. Clinton was running or working at a non profit law firm at the time and was in fact a court appointed attorney. Further, the client requested a female attorney and the prosecution did not object.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Again, private attorney is under no obligation to take a case from a person they believe is guilty.
They are when the court appoints them to the case.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:12 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,908,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
I think it's important to recognize the prosaic reality, that to be that ambitious - isn't necessarily conducive with caring greatly about others (other than perhaps in an abstract sense). That's not an indictment - merely an observation.
And an astute observation at that.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Its attitudes like this that go far in explaining to me why the GOP can't win the presidency in 2016.
Please. Have you seen Obama's recent polls? The Republican nominee will be the favorite.

Quote:
People who are this bitter and stuck in the past have nothing to offer this country.
Sock puppet 2 offers excuse 2. Hillary's behavior is not disgusting, it is the behavior of people who would criticize her.

Quote:
Hillary Clinton was a lawyer defending her client in this case. There's no point in criminal defendants having a lawyer at all if they aren't able to do their job without having people blaming them for doing it as well as they can.
Already addressed. She was not a public defender and was under no moral obligation to take a case for someone that she knew to be guilty.

Quote:
I realize Hillary is a bitter pill for many on the right to swallow.
She is a pig and so is anyone who defends this behavior.

Quote:
However, until you develop a "more normal" opposition that offers Americans something other than hate and negativity,
Please. This is absolutely repulsive and it is sad that you cannot just admit it. This poor girl attempted suicide because justice was denied her. Have you know shame at all?

Quote:
you aren't going to go far.
Republicans control the house, a record number of governorships, are going to win the Senate in November and probably the presidency in 2016. They have a relative parity with the Dems and, due to the mismanagement of this country, are about to take a lot of ground. But that is not what this thread is about. This thread is about uncovering repulsive behavior by a lizard like politician and watching her supporters turn against women to defend her.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:15 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,021,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
While all of are busy wringing your hands over a 40 year old, dubiously sourced sound bite made by a young woman which is also probably taken out of context, why don't you pay more attention to the ones made by the old men 10 years ago which were most definitely in context that got 4,500 of our men and women killed in Iraq?
Reasonable point, but really another thread. Certainly, even if the situation was in context, it pales in comparison with the Iraq blunder (which incidentally, Clinton voted for). No less sad, many of the American people also supported the same folly.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Okay, so I take it that you haven't listened to the tapes. Makes sense, that's par for the course around here. H. Clinton was running or working at a non profit law firm at the time and was in fact a court appointed attorney. Further, the client requested a female attorney and the prosecution did not object.

They are when the court appoints them to the case.

"...But she was appointed by the court, took the case as a favor and then went all-out for her 41-year-old client ..."

Second paragraph of the story. She had the right to turn it down. Sockpuppet 3 offers excuse 3.

Next.

Last edited by cachibatches; 06-20-2014 at 10:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies