Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 01:26 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times

Advertisements

I don't pay attention to any of them. They are all full of hot air. Rush Limbaugh too. That being noted, there is another perspective that I have. What can the likes of those persons really do? How much power do they really have? The KKK have killed more people, both Black and White, than the New Black Panther Party or the Nation of Islam has ever killed.

And in addition, I look at it like this. Black people can have racist views just as White people can. However, there is one thing to look at. POWER. Blacks make up 12-13% of the USA population. Blacks tend to be poorer and have far less wealth compared to the rest of the American population. And with the so-called race war being called for by King Samir Shabazz, well, this is how I look at it. Whites outnumber Black 5 to 1. And with the rag-tag brigade King Samir has behind him, how much of the Black population is part of that? And here is something else. There are Black men doing alot of killing. However, the number one victim of murders committed by Black men is.......Black men. When you think about it, Blacks can have racist views, but in order for things to pack a punch, there has to be some power behind it.

This is what I see. That stripper in Cheektowaga who yelled racial slurs that that man, that is basically all she can do. She seems to be a bottom of the barrel type of person. This is a big part of where racism has the most power. It has the most power in the hiring decision, in the court room, in places where political and economic power really count.

On another note, one reason to watch out the New Black Panther Party, is because of their violent rhetoric.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2014, 02:49 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,546,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Outside of a poorly lit dive where old strippers go to die, Ambrosia doesn't have much of a following.

Al Sharpton had his own show on MSDNC.
And Sharpton has long since, and publicly, moved away from such views. It's no longer relevant to who he is.

Ms stripper lady went viral because of she sheer idiocy of her behavior - the completely unimportant reason for her rant, the fact that she knew it would end up on YouTube and went ahead anyway, her continue to scream and rant after the guy rolled up his window, her "I'm the one who was wronged" radio interview...and frankly, if it weren't for people rushing up to try to defend her and explain how the guy who recorded her was actually in the wrong, that thread would have died off quickly.

And as for the New Black Panthers or Minister Farrakhan...the former is a group of speechifyers that just yell on street corners, and the latter's hate speech wasn't very well-received even back when people cared about him.

Old 06-21-2014, 06:01 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChestRockwell View Post
Yea, he is a joke. But even HE has an audience and he does have a movement that he actively recruits for.

That in itself is more dangerous than a washed up, dive bar stripper spouting the N word.
How many members are there in "his movement."

Old 06-21-2014, 06:50 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,186,286 times
Quote:
Yes, I am comparing two phenomenons that carry very distinct patterns.

Wait...lol..His sentiment WAS resonated by the viral mob though. Not just on here...

No, I don't have to ask him. He stated such.

OK, so the world needs to know. The world now knows, right?

So why isn't the "world" outraged by the other comments? Why do the other men gain FOLLOWINGS?

Yes, you are chalking it up to "the mob has spoken"....lol. Just say it, it's ok.

So just ignore the reason why? That's what you're saying?
There's probably thousands of videos on Youtube that the people who posted them believed they were important and have very few views. It just so happens that he said what he said and the video then went viral. I'd say lucky for him.

There's no single intelligent sentience behind a video going viral, it's millions of people. You said it wasn't about going viral and now you seem to be saying it's unfair that one thing goes viral and another doesn't. Fair or unfair, reasonable or unreasonable don't enter into it. It just happens or it doesn't and that's the way it goes.

Old 06-21-2014, 07:23 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,210,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
How many members are there in "his movement."
How many are in Janelle Ambrosias movement?

Old 06-21-2014, 07:44 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,546,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
There's probably thousands of videos on Youtube that the people who posted them believed they were important and have very few views. It just so happens that he said what he said and the video then went viral. I'd say lucky for him.

There's no single intelligent sentience behind a video going viral, it's millions of people. You said it wasn't about going viral and now you seem to be saying it's unfair that one thing goes viral and another doesn't. Fair or unfair, reasonable or unreasonable don't enter into it. It just happens or it doesn't and that's the way it goes.
Exactly, videos of people acting a fool in public sometimes go viral. That's all you need to know. People are so agitated about the race angle, they don't even see it for what it is - some woman made a complete ass out of herself directly in front of a camera. No different than that video of the black woman that got razed in Atlanta a year ago, or the video of that little kid who tried to bully a much larger kid, and got body slammed from before that.

"Oh, why aren't you mad about the New Black Panthers?" Um, because we know who they are already, and they're all bark, and no bite. Listening to them rant about white people yet again isn't amusing or noteworthy.

Old 06-21-2014, 08:01 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,465,596 times
Quote:
Again, my argument was not about them going viral. So I don't know why you are still maintaining the argument.
Because he's liberal. It has become accepted in liberalism to use misrepresentation and straw men as arguments. People who don't want to give out free birth control are smeared as wanting to ban birth control. People who don't think the government should be mandating what insurance people must buy are smeared as not caring about the sick. People who think that able bodied citizens should work for a living are smeared as hating the poor. People who think that if you're going to vote you should demonstrate that you are in fact legally eligible to vote are smeared as being racists.

It has become standard operating procedure for liberals in modern society. The conservative argument is that the government should stay within the defined powers as outlined in the constitution and operate the government within the confines of a balanced budget. The liberal response to that is that conservatives are sexist, racist, homophobic, evil people. That's the state of political debate nowadays. It's a waste of time to even wonder about such things. You can pretty much count on it if you say something that doesn't agree with liberal ideology that their response will be either an insult or a logical fallacy.

Old 06-21-2014, 08:42 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,540 times
There is a double standard when it comes to racism in our country. People only care about it when a white person makes a racist comment or says a hateful word (such as the "N" word), but when a black individual or other minority person says it they get a free pass and no one bats an eye. Sorry, but racism is wrong REGARDLESS of who says it! People such as Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are some of the biggest racist themselves, they instigate division and hatred among their fellow Americans and profit off of it. They are parasites who are an insult to everything Martin Luther King Jr. and Malcolm X stood for.

I wish we could build a color blind society. One where we see each other not as different races but only as fellow human beings. There should be no such terms as "African American" or "White American, there should just be Americans. There should be no "black history month" or "Hispanic history month" but just American history. Unfortunately the Democrats won't let this happen.

I don't know why this is such a hard concept for people to understand. We are all equal, God does not see race and neither should we. One's skin color has nothing to do with their personal character or actions.

Old 06-22-2014, 08:56 AM

Quote:
How many are in Janelle Ambrosias movement?
Well, you're a member for one.

As to my question...I knew you'd come up lame.

Old 06-22-2014, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
There is a double standard when it comes to racism in our country. People only care about it when a white person makes a racist comment or says a hateful word (such as the "N" word), but when a black individual or other minority person says it they get a free pass and no one bats an eye. Sorry, but racism is wrong REGARDLESS of who says it! People such as Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are some of the biggest racist themselves, they instigate division and hatred among their fellow Americans and profit off of it. They are parasites who are an insult to everything Martin Luther King Jr. and Malcolm X stood for.

I wish we could build a color blind society. One where we see each other not as different races but only as fellow human beings. There should be no such terms as "African American" or "White American, there should just be Americans. There should be no "black history month" or "Hispanic history month" but just American history. Unfortunately the Democrats won't let this happen.

I don't know why this is such a hard concept for people to understand. We are all equal, God does not see race and neither should we. One's skin color has nothing to do with their personal character or actions.
You sure spent a lot of time typing something that even YOU don't believe.

About the only thing you typed that you actually believe is the invective against Sharpton and Jackson.

The rest of it is nonsensical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies