Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2014, 03:41 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times

Advertisements

Clinton bristled at Benghazi deception | New York Post

Interesting.

Quote:
She had no doubt that a terrorist attack had been launched against America on the anniversary of 9/11. However, when Hillary picked up the phone and heard Obama’s voice, she learned the president had other ideas in mind. With less than two months before Election Day, he was still boasting that he had al Qaeda on the run.
Quote:
“Hillary was stunned when she heard the president talk about the Benghazi attack,” one of her top legal advisers said in an interview. “Obama wanted her to say that the attack had been a spontaneous demonstration triggered by an obscure video on the Internet that demeaned the Prophet Mohammed.”

“Hillary told Obama, ‘Mr. President, that story isn’t credible. Among other things, it ignores the fact that the attack occurred on 9/11.’ But the president was adamant. He said, ‘Hillary, I need you to put out a State Department release as soon as possible.’”
Quote:
“I’m sick about it,” she said, according to the legal adviser, who was filled in on the conversation.

“That story won’t hold up,” Bill said. “I know,” Hillary said. “I told the president that.” “It’s an impossible story,” Bill said. “I can’t believe the president is claiming it wasn’t terrorism. Then again, maybe I can. It looks like Obama isn’t going to allow anyone to say that terrorism has occurred on his watch.”
They go on to say that her and Bill discussed scenarios on how to handle it. In the end, she went along with it. So while this is more a hit to Obama, it also a hit to her in that she went along with the lie anyways. She could have and should have resigned. I would've actually had respect for had she done so and spoke of the truth back then.

Doesn't matter. The big media wont be talking about this. It's up to we the people to get this out there instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2014, 03:50 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
Don't believe anything Klein writes.

Edward Klein - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Klein has been criticized for his biography of Hillary Clinton, titled, The Truth About Hillary: What She Knew, When She Knew It, and How Far She'll Go to Become President, which was released on June 21, 2005. Politico criticized the book for "serious factual errors, truncated and distorted quotes and overall themes [that] don't gibe with any other serious accounts of Clinton's life."[6] The book was attacked not only by liberals, but by conservatives as well. John Podhoretz wrote in the New York Post, "Thirty pages into it, I wanted to take a shower. Sixty pages into it, I wanted to be decontaminated. And 200 pages into it, I wanted someone to drive stakes through my eyes so I wouldn't have to suffer through another word."[7] In National Review James Geraghty wrote, “Folks, there are plenty of arguments against Hillary Clinton, her policies, her views, her proposals, and her philosophies. This stuff ain’t it. Nobody on the right, left, or center ought to stoop to this level.”[8]

Old 06-22-2014, 04:03 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post

Interesting.

They go on to say that her and Bill discussed scenarios on how to handle it. In the end, she went along with it. So while this is more a hit to Obama, it also a hit to her in that she went along with the lie anyways. She could have and should have resigned. I would've actually had respect for had she done so and spoke of the truth back then.

Doesn't matter. The big media wont be talking about this. It's up to we the people to get this out there instead.

It was a lose/lose for her no matter what she did.

If she resigned, people would want to know why and there goes the cover story.

If she comes out with the truth, there goes the election and you know Democrats would never forgive her for that.

She missed her opportunity to reinforce the embassy.

After the attack, her fate was sealed.

She can't lie her way out of this.

Old 06-22-2014, 04:04 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,461,778 times
Great, another fanciful story made up by someone who has a history of making up fiction about others.

This guy needs a life, as well as the people who champion his made up stories.

Old 06-22-2014, 04:22 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,936 times
Quote:
“I’m sick about it,” she said, according to the legal adviser, who was filled in on the conversation.

“That story won’t hold up,” Bill said. “I know,” Hillary said. “I told the president that.” “It’s an impossible story,” Bill said. “I can’t believe the president is claiming it wasn’t terrorism. Then again, maybe I can. It looks like Obama isn’t going to allow anyone to say that terrorism has occurred on his watch.”
That's worse than a dime store romance novel. Seriously, right wing slash fiction.

Old 06-22-2014, 04:32 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Whether the author is credible in this story or not is irrelevant. The United States Government is like a rotten onion. You do not want to peel back the layers because the more you find out about the depth and magnitude of the corruption, the more of a stench you will find unfathomable and unacceptable.

Old 06-22-2014, 04:38 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
There is absolutely no way to positively spin any of this concerning Obama or Clinton. No matter what story you go with it makes both of them look either incompetent, foolish or liars.

Old 06-22-2014, 04:43 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Don't believe anything Klein writes.

Edward Klein - Wiki [8]

Having nothing to do with the validity of the OP's quotes/story, trying to discredit someone using the internet tool of the lazy and brain dead is just to ironic.

Old 06-22-2014, 04:46 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There is absolutely no way to positively spin any of this concerning Obama or Clinton. No matter what story you go with it makes both of them look either incompetent, foolish or liars.

True.

If they didn't know, they should have known.

In either case, there's no excuse for lying about it.

Old 06-22-2014, 04:50 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post

Interesting.

and if anyone buys this crap there is no hope for you!!
Obama could not make her lie besides she knew what had happened and we all saw how haughty she was when before Congress!!!!
so she is now throwing Obama under the bus
FUNNY!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies