Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2014, 05:51 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Well at least that blog is well named....Hot air is all you deniers have.

Were you expecting NOAA to admit they're full of ****?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 05:58 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
One of the more lame claims made by the global warming alarmists, is that if they cannot explain why things happen, they just blame humans for it. Even when there has been no warming, they still blame humans for the nonexistent warming.

NOAA’s National Climatic Data Center, our government, over at climate.gov:

The “pause” in global warming observed since 2000 followed a period of rapid acceleration in the late 20th century. Starting in the mid-1970s, global temperatures rose 0.5 °C over a period of 25 years. Since the turn of the century, however, the change in Earth’s global mean surface temperature has been close to zero.

They also cannot say what effect aerosols, black carbon, water vapor or cloud cover has with any certainty.

Of course they're certain minor player CO2 that will make the Earth much warmer even when it doesn't.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:32 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
You tell me.

"The only way to get our society to truly change is to frighten people with the possibility of a catastrophe."
Emeritus professor Daniel Botkin

"I believe it is appropriate to have an over-representation of factual presentations on how dangerous it is, as a predicate for opening up the audience to listen to what the solutions are, and how hopeful it is that we are going to solve this crisis."
Al Gore

"It is no secret that a lot of climate-change research is subject to opinion, that climate models sometimes disagree even on the signs of the future changes (e.g. drier vs. wetter future climate). The problem is, only sensational exaggeration makes the kind of story that will get politicians’ — and readers’ — attention. So, yes, climate scientists might exaggerate, but in today’s world, this is the only way to assure any political action and thus more federal financing to reduce the scientific uncertainty."
Monika Kopacz, atmospheric scientist

“I had the privilege of being fired by Al Gore, since I refused to go along with his alarmism....I have spent a long research career studying physics that is closely related to the greenhouse effect....Fears about man-made global warming are unwarranted and are not based on good science. The earth's climate is changing now, as it always has. There is no evidence that the changes differ in any qualitative way from those of the past.”
Will Harper, Princeton University physicist, former Director of Energy Research at the Department of Energy

"The [global warming] scaremongering has its justification in the fact that it is something that generates funds.”
Eduardo Tonni, paleontologist, Committee for Scientific Research, Argentina

"We routinely wrote scare stories...Our press reports were more or less true...We were out to whip the public into a frenzy about the environment."
Jim Sibbison, environmental journalist, former public relations official for the Environmental Protection Agency
I have to agree in a way with these methods, because lets face it, there are a lot of stupid, or ignorant people, particularly in the US. Since most are religious, they understand scare tactics, the method used by religion.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Like I said, he does not deny climate change. Please post a link to Hannity saying there is no such thing as climate change.
I'm talking about AGW, not climate change, and by lying and saying the the earth is cooling what does that make him?

Whoever thought switching from the term global warming to climate change to describe what is happening was an idiot....The earth is warming and we are in large part the cause of that warming.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
You are very good at cherry picking data. One month or one quarter does not make a trend.

NOOA: The “pause” in global warming observed since 2000 followed a period of rapid acceleration in the late 20th century. Starting in the mid-1970s, global temperatures rose 0.5 °C over a period of 25 years. Since the turn of the century, however, the change in Earth’s global mean surface temperature has been close to zero..
I know that, but the earth continues to warm.... You say nothing about your omission of this data, do you?

The heat content of the oceans is growing and growing. That means that the greenhouse effect has not taken a pause and the cold sun is not noticeably slowing global warming. - See more at: RealClimate: What ocean heating reveals about global warming

Old 06-23-2014, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
1997-1998 was a back-back El Nino event, and you know damn well that CO2 has NOTHING to do with the creation of an El Nino. But that does not stop you guys from the ridiculous claims that a warm El Nino is some how proof of man-made global warming, being caused by CO2.
I think you should stop smashing yourself in the head...You have obviously done some damage.....No such claim was made. It amazes me how you people twist and wriggle to make yourselves seem credible....It's not working, by the way....It is you deniers that are using the high temperatures in those El Nino years to make the false claim that AGW has stopped...

Old 06-23-2014, 08:31 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
I'm talking about AGW, not climate change, and by lying and saying the the earth is cooling what does that make him?.
But you said he does not believe in climate change. That is a lie. So get your story straight. What are you really accusing him of?

By lying and saying Hannity does not believe in climate change, what does that make you?

Old 06-23-2014, 08:34 PM

Quote:
I know that, but the earth continues to warm.... You say nothing about your omission of this data, do you?

The heat content of the oceans is growing and growing. That means that the greenhouse effect has not taken a pause and the cold sun is not noticeably slowing global warming. - See more at: RealClimate: What ocean heating reveals about global warming
Nice deflection. But you cannot deny the climate has not warmed for 17 years which you refuse to accept even though everyone else agrees.

Try again.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:36 PM

Quote:
I have to agree in a way with these methods, because lets face it, there are a lot of stupid, or ignorant people, particularly in the US. Since most are religious, they understand scare tactics, the method used by religion.
There are a lot of stupid ignorant people that are NOT religious, and they are all over the world. And the AGW alarmists like Al Gore use scare tactics all the time. It works quite well for non religious people and the rich guys are laughing all the way to the bank.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:37 PM

Quote:
I think you should stop smashing yourself in the head...You have obviously done some damage.....No such claim was made. It amazes me how you people twist and wriggle to make yourselves seem credible....It's not working, by the way....It is you deniers that are using the high temperatures in those El Nino years to make the false claim that AGW has stopped...
Actually, AGW has never started, so no, we do not believe it has stopped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies