Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 03:36 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,040,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I'm curious. Do you "pitch in", Rambler? Are you paying full price for your annual health insurance premiums, without subsidies?
Thanks for missing the point completely.

We are all "pitching in" and healthcare is always subsidized to some level.

The point is that these nuts were upset that the poor paid nothing... and then were upset when the poor had to pay something... in the end, they are just upset that the poor can afford health care - the horror!

Old 06-23-2014, 03:37 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,050,620 times
Quote:
I'm curious. Do you "pitch in", Rambler? Are you paying full price for your annual health insurance premiums, without subsidies?
You don't expect an honest answer do you? You can bet he's getting a nice subsidy (mailbox money) now.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
So those people getting their expensive ObamaCare premiums paid for with taxpayer subsides is not resulting in million more people getting a free ride???
Pfffftt... They were getting a free ride in the first in the first place. All the ACA does is force them to at least pay something into the pot vs. nothing at all.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:38 PM

15,651 posts, read 10,413,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post

The point is that these nuts were upset that the poor paid nothing... and then were upset when the poor had to pay something... in the end, they are just upset that the poor can afford health care - the horror!
Please answer. Do you explicitly "Pitch in"?

Quote:

Thanks for missing the question completely. So how much of a subsidy are we now paying towards your health care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You don't expect an honest answer do you? You can bet he's getting a nice subsidy (mailbox money) now.
Oh - personal insults! Really mature!

So, are YOU paying full price for YOUR healthcare? I assume so. I also assume that you don't take any tax credits or deductions, right?

And as for the rest of your gross assumptions, you can shove them where the sun doesn't shine.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Pfffftt... They were getting a free ride in the first in the first place. All the ACA does is force them to at least pay something into the pot vs. nothing at all.
The only people forced by the ACA to pay anything are those of us who are paying for your coverage now. The people who didn't have coverage before aren't "forced" to pay anything, they're still skirting by without any consequences. The only difference is now the insurance companies are getting richer.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Please answer. Do you explicitly "Pitch in"?
No, smart guy. I have a special secret "Obama fan club card" that magically makes it so I don't have to even pay the minimum Obamacare payment... only available to "liberals" who believe in facts, so don't bother applying for one...

Are you really that insane? I pay whatever the healthcare plan requires, so, yes, I "pitch in," like everyone else. Do you "pitch in?" Geez... talk about people missing the point.

Let me spell it out for you: The right-wing loons were angry that the poor got free health-care before, and now are angry that the poor have to pay to get healthcare, which makes no sense... and, of course "Obama care is going to make everything far more expensive" except it didn't... Does that help?

Old 06-23-2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Oh - personal insults! Really mature!

So, are YOU paying full price for YOUR healthcare? I assume so. I also assume that you don't take any tax credits or deductions, right?

And as for the rest of your gross assumptions, you can shove them where the sun doesn't shine.
How was that an insult? Are you embarrassed that other people are now being forced to pay for your health coverage?

I pay 100% of my health coverage, just like I did before the ACA came around. I follow the letter of the law and pay every dime in taxes that I owe.

The least you could do is thank the rest of us who are now subsiding Democrat failure all while you penalize success.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:43 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,885,713 times
Quote:
Exactly. I worked with these type of right-wing lunatics for years, and they were a joke.

On the one hand, they'd rant and rave about "those people" - except they'd use the n-word - in the "ghetto" who "didn't pay a dime and got free healthcare and stuff!"

Then, the ACA passes, which forces everyone to pitch in, and now the right-wing stooges are angry about that, despite the ACA eliminating the "free ride" they so hated.

Of course, when it comes right down to it, what they really hated was that the poor and "those people" might be able to afford health care, and - worse! - some of THEIR money might go to help "those people," and they just hated that and were very vocal about hating it!

These are the same clowns that gave me a KKK recruitment speech, think the 1st Amendment covers lynching people, and can't go a week without blaming the "n-words" for ruining "mericah!" so what else is to be expected...

The final irony? The company's health care premiums went up LESS the first year into the ACA than in any previous year in a long, long time... but Obama is still "the worst president ever" and the whining continues...
This is exactly the conclusion the article draws. It's the argument we hear Conservatives make again and again about using "other people's money" to pay for the subsidies. When, in fact:

"People who get employer-sponsored insurance also get their coverage paid for with “other peoples’ money.” The difference is that employer-sponsored insurance uses a tax deduction, which gives the largest benefits to those who earn the most money, as opposed to Obamacare’s sliding scale tax credit, which gives the most to those who earn the least."

You have nailed it. It's all about the "undeserving poor." And we know what that is code for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies