Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 04:54 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,080,713 times

Advertisements

So according to you politically correct liberals Michelle should be booted out of the WH.

Look what you did to Sterling you ran him out of town.

First Lady Uses Racial Slur And Gets Away With It | The Daily Caller

Old 06-25-2014, 05:01 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,782,756 times
I had no idea that it was a racial slur until today. I remember hearing it in the movie Wayne's World and it probably passed into the mainstream from that.

If she honestly meant it as a racial slur, that's a big deal-- but I have my doubts.

Old 06-25-2014, 05:02 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times
Gypped | Define Gypped at Dictionary.com

I didn't know the word but perhaps because I'm not born and raised in the USA and therefore I looked it up and posted the link.

It seems offensive to gypsies and it sounds kind of bad for a First Lady born in the USA to use a slur like this since she used the word so she should be aware of the meaning and can't have the defense I have that I have never heard of the word...therefore I wouldn't even use the word.

But this seems to be another one that will be put aside and not paid attention to in mainstream media.

We better wait till VAgate will hit home since that and IRSgate will be so enormous to overcome.

Keep in mind that Watergate took 2 years and with the internet and technique we have nowadays it will probably cut that time frame in half....

Old 06-25-2014, 05:06 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,782,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
It seems offensive to gypsies and it sounds kind of bad for a First Lady born in the USA to use a slur like this since she used the word so she should be aware of the meaning and can't have the defense I have that I have never heard of the word...therefore I wouldn't even use the word.
If she didn't know what it meant then yes, that definitely is a valid defense. You can't say Sterling didn't know what the n-word meant but this is something that people often use without really thinking about it.

Trying to spin this into a controversy just makes the right seem desperate, which of course they are.

Old 06-25-2014, 05:07 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Talk about a stretch in an effort to smear the First Lady!

Old 06-25-2014, 05:14 AM

Wow...the First Lady uses a slur and now others are smearing her....really?

I guess the same should be than for Sterling!

Either both are ok or both are bad...not pick and choose.

The left must be very desperate after scandal after scandal is coming out and the polls shows how low the ratings are.

But probably the left will say that polls are not important!

Let's just sit and wait for the outcome of the investigation to the murders by the VA that already is on the record and the IRS cover up scandal that is becoming larger by the day and makes this slur not very important.

Let's focus on the major issues but keep the slur in the back of our mind for next time when someone else will be targeted for saying a similar thing!

Old 06-25-2014, 05:16 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Racial slurs are only slurs (and therefore only offensive) when used by white Conservatives.

Haven't you people learned that yet?

Old 06-25-2014, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
Racial slurs are only slurs (and therefore only offensive) when used by white Conservatives.

Haven't you people learned that yet?
In my neighborhood one neighbor called another neighbor out for letting their dog do his business in the other neighbors yard and the first thing that dog owner yelled was "your a racist since I'm Hispanic"

That caused a huge altercation and many people overheard the entire thing and the only good thing that came from it that the dog owner moved within that same month after also getting a ticket for his dogs poop and not having the dog on a leash and not the required county payment issued....great to have cameras like that couple had and was able to record it all.

Wasn't the president the first one to call People racists in the case of that professor against the cop without even having the full story...all telling how people really think when they blur the racist word out before having the facts.

Michelle can only have used the word if she uses the word more often.

But still IRSgate, VAgate and now Irak and trading terrorist for a deserter will in the end all catch up so let's wait for that to play out and hopefully no more Americans get held hostage to be traded for terrorists.

Old 06-25-2014, 05:46 AM

3,804 posts, read 6,175,515 times
It's not a racial slur. People should grow up.

Old 06-25-2014, 05:57 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,477,416 times
Conservatives...They were for racial slurs before they were against them. Why is that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies