Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2014, 02:31 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You are just another liberal who wants to disenfranchise people.

Voter suppression - the campaign tactic of the Democrats since they have no hope of winning the 2014 elections.

Nice try, Harrier. I am not a Democrat.

But, people with your demonstrably bizarre thought processes make compelling examples for reinstitution of the poll test.

Old 06-25-2014, 02:31 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
And why do people like you have to continually call those with different opinions "haters", "bigots" and "prejudiced".

He didn't say he hated gays. He didn't say he wanted to harm them. He clearly said they can do anything they want.

Perhaps you just can't stand the fact that there are millions upon millions of people who do not agree that being gay is okay.

So go be gay...but it will never be considered normal by the majority.

You are being paid lip service (no pun intended) by the millennial sheeple.
Can they do anything they want?

Serious question.

Whether someone agrees that "being gay is okay" is completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand.
Two gay people getting married harms no one. Not mentally. Not physically.

Don't like it? Ignore it.
The larger question is why do people make a point of going out of their way to preclude others from doing something that they want to do, particularly something that has no bearing on their own lives in any way shape or fashion.

If gay marriage is not a big deal, why outlaw it?
If the goal is not to inflict harm, why not turn the other cheek when confronted with this issue?
Why did some gay people have to turn strident in their appeal for equality?
It sure as h*ll wasn't because people said "okay, whatever."

When people put forth that some gay people are bullies or "forcing things down others' throats" it would behoove those same people to spend just a little time reflecting on just what or who put them in that position in the first place.

Old 06-25-2014, 02:37 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,554,052 times
I do love when people make the "What's next?" argument. For example, "Harrier" (who also apparently loves referring to himself in the 3rd person) asks why he can't legally wed his feline. Harrier claims his feline is fluent in Spanish and English. If the animal is able to physically speak/write the English and Spanish languages I do believe you're sitting on a gold mine, my friend. Think of all the money you can make off of the first cat who can speak and/or write not one, but TWO languages!

A contract (which is what marriage is) requires consent. If your animal can provide a legally accepted version of consent, I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to marry whatever animal you choose. If you feel that the animal CAN provide legal consent, by all means, take it to the courts and plead your case! The "gay army" (LOL!) did just that. They fought for their rights. They studied the laws and the constitutuion and PROVED that on the basis of legality, homosexual marriage should in fact be legal. So...for all of you who ask, "Why can't I marry {insert object/life form}?" get off your computers and start studying. Start building a court case NOW. If you don't try, you'll never find out!

Old 06-25-2014, 02:50 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,509,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
I never said that I did not like gays and blacks. Check my post history and you will find a post where I even discuss the gay friends I have.

This is about heterosexuals, including misguided liberals, admitting that homosexuals are indeed different. That doesn't mean hating them but acknowledging facts over the current emphasis on socially engineered opinion.
I'm not racist, I have black friends!

Yeeeeaaaah.....

Old 06-25-2014, 03:23 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngabe View Post
I do love when people make the "What's next?" argument. For example, "Harrier" (who also apparently loves referring to himself in the 3rd person) asks why he can't legally wed his feline. Harrier claims his feline is fluent in Spanish and English. If the animal is able to physically speak/write the English and Spanish languages I do believe you're sitting on a gold mine, my friend. Think of all the money you can make off of the first cat who can speak and/or write not one, but TWO languages!

A contract (which is what marriage is) requires consent. If your animal can provide a legally accepted version of consent, I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to marry whatever animal you choose. If you feel that the animal CAN provide legal consent, by all means, take it to the courts and plead your case! The "gay army" (LOL!) did just that. They fought for their rights. They studied the laws and the constitutuion and PROVED that on the basis of legality, homosexual marriage should in fact be legal. So...for all of you who ask, "Why can't I marry {insert object/life form}?" get off your computers and start studying. Start building a court case NOW. If you don't try, you'll never find out!

Unfortunately, his cat also refers to herself in the third person.

Old 06-25-2014, 03:23 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So do lots of heterosexuals refuse to accept the Supreme Court ruling allowing blacks to marry whites?
I know a few white people who do.

Old 06-25-2014, 03:28 PM

811 posts, read 809,789 times
Quote:
When is the ban on Harrier marrying his cat going to be struck down?

"Equality", right?

One SSM thread without this stupid crap would be great
At this point you're just trolling

Old 06-25-2014, 03:31 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Another day another Dem judge rules against the will of the people.
A majority of Americans now are for same sex marriage. Which means they're ruling with the majority.

Old 06-25-2014, 03:43 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
Quote:
Why do gay army troopers always make inane references to things that have nothing to do with homosexual "marriage" like referring to Loving v Virgiinia or women's suffrage?

Black people are men and women, and the definition of marriage is a union between a man and a woman, and that is what SCOTUS did is Loving v Virginia - they upheld marriage as a union between a man and a woman.

The 19th Amendment simply extended the vote to a group of people to whom denying it served no purpose.

Gay marriage serves no purpose and is not a right.

Government involvement in marriage also serves no purpose, and should be abolished.

Have whatever relationship you want, do what you wish in your home, and call it whatever you want.

Don't force Harrier to endorse or accept it, and don't shove it down his throat.
I'm not exactly sure how one would force "marriage" down another's throat

But it certainly serves a great pupose for me, my partner of 18 years, and our children. Now we don't have to worry that when one of us dies, the other will be taxed to death as if we just inherited property from a stranger. Nor will we be taxed on life insurance benefits upon our deaths. And if he dies before me, I can get his pension. A blood relative couldn't come in an claim property against our wishes, upon one of our deaths. And there are many other benefits. Our family has a greater sense of secuirty. I thought you people were all about supporting families

Old 06-25-2014, 03:47 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Nice try, Harrier. I am not a Democrat.
You want to suppress voting - that is a Democrat trait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies