Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 11:29 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,909,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That's my point. You think the gun industry didn't know what an Obama presidency would do for their bottom line?

Come on...these are billion dollar companies...they pay good money to know that kind of stuff. I think they put on one face in public, but behind closed doors, I bet they partied like hell when they saw the results.

Bonus time...REAL bonuses!

The gun industry worked this one like a champ.
I don't think any are a billion dollar company. Only few have sales over a few million. Rock River Arms is one of the more popular AR-15 manufacturers and here's their "billion" dollar factory - https://www.google.com/maps/@41.4844...xlY_8dw8rQ!2e0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2014, 11:53 AM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
That's my point. You think the gun industry didn't know what an Obama presidency would do for their bottom line?

Come on...these are billion dollar companies...they pay good money to know that kind of stuff. I think they put on one face in public, but behind closed doors, I bet they partied like hell when they saw the results.

Are you trying to say it was the gun industry that got Obama elected?

Are you trying to say it was the gun industry that pressured Obama to propose and promote the most draconian restrictions on civil rights in US history?

Are you trying to say that it was the gun industry that fed Biden the line to repeat about firing your double barrel shotgun outside as a warning shot?

You might be right. Anyone with any common sense knew that Obama was going to try to pass additional gun control laws once elected. And anyone with common sense knew what this would do to demand.

Obozo was to arrogant to realize that his 3rd world restrictions of civil rights wouldn't pass congress, and to stupid to realize that such an effort would drive gun sales...much like Bubba's efforts did in '94. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:01 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
9mm is easy to find on retail shelves here (Austin area). And it is easy to find at internet retailers, including bulk quantities. Same with .45 ACP and other common handgun ammo that was in short supply a year ago.

They still would not let me buy more than a case of 12 gauge shells last fall, at Academy.

Wonder if the lead up to dove season is going to be like that this year.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:06 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,159,468 times
Quote:

Smith & Wesson is a publicly traded company (stock symbol SWHC). The last 12 months, their best ever, produced $626M in revenue. Good sized, but a long way from a billion dollars. SWHC may be #2 behind Storm Ruger ($702M in revenue over the same period).

The entire firearm industry is only worth about $12B per year in revenue. Apple alone makes about that much in PROFIT in one quarter.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:14 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
The ammo manufacturers care about profits first...not anti government loons. They'll get their money from them anyway.

actually yes they do care about profits. but if they truly wanted profit, then they would stop selling to the feds at a vastly lowered price and only sell to the American public.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:43 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,092,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
3 million NRA members and not a one of them thought of that!
Corrections, there are 5 million members of the NRA, and they all know that the run on guns wouldn't last.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:45 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They still would not let me buy more than a case of 12 gauge shells last fall, at Academy.

Wonder if the lead up to dove season is going to be like that this year.

need some shotgun shells Bent? I can bring some over if you want, I have a couple of hundred thousand if you need a few.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:48 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Corrections, there are 5 million members of the NRA, and they all know that the run on guns wouldn't last.
Thanks for the correction. So you are saying that no NRA members went out and bought any guns during the last gun hysteria buy?

Old 06-26-2014, 12:59 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times
Quote:
How long did people expect the run on guns to continue? People are all "gunned out" How many guns does one really need after a certain point? I'm surprised that the market was hot for as long as it was.

Once people realized that most of the gun control hype was just that..hype, the cooling off was inevitable.

How many golf clubs, fishing poles, or baseball bats does one really need?

Old 06-26-2014, 01:06 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
How many golf clubs, fishing poles, or baseball bats does one really need?
As many as they need.

There is a such thing as too many golf clubs, too many baseball bats, or too many fishing poles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies