Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 11:50 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,881,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
And the rightwing media does the same on the other side. They slam Obama and the Democrats every chance they get. It only matters when the other side does it, right?
did i say any different? i wasnt talking about what the right does, and the article was not about what the right does, it was about the tea party, and i was pointing out the distortions the left uses to slam the tea party incessantly, because they are afraid of the tea party.

Old 06-26-2014, 02:15 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,388,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Chris:

Look, I don't care what the Tea Party technically represents - no political party is going to put their dirty laundry up on their website - and if you're not like the nuts I described, good. But the fact remains - I have yet to meet a single Tea Party supporter in person - and I've met dozens upon dozens and worked with many of them for years - who did not fit the negative stereotypes regarding social issues, violence fetishes, and a general distrust towards science, etc. I also live in a blue state that should be full of "evil liberals," and I have worked with countless left-leaning people for many years, and I have yet to meet a single one of them who holds dangerous beliefs or who actually wants to harm others. The same CANNOT be said of the Tea Party people I've met; most of them would be at home in the Old Confederacy.

Sorry, but that's the way it is...
Violence fetishes? You're just spewing garbage now. Tea Partiers hold dangerous beliefs? Name some. Want to hurt others? How? I don't know where all this is coming from. I have not seen much press on these people, much less how they are dangerous and want to hurt others.
The Tea Party is the most maligned of recent political groups that I can remember in a very long time. Please show me some recent media offerings where they've gone cra-cra on somebody's backside.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-27-2014 at 08:30 AM.. Reason: reply to deleted content

Old 06-26-2014, 02:21 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,590,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I struggle to understand why anyone would care what people outside of the US think about the Tea Party? I can assure you TP conservatives don't give a shat.
So, let me get this straight! You don't think that what happens in the USA has any effect anywhere else in the world? If the rightwing nutbar fringe becomes legit in the USA then I shudder for the future of the free world.

Old 06-26-2014, 02:22 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,467,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
So, let me get this straight! You don't think that what happens in the USA has any effect anywhere else in the world? If the rightwing nutbar fringe becomes legit in the USA then I shudder for the future of the free world.
Who cares about the whiners in foreign lands. I sure don't.

Old 06-26-2014, 02:29 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,388,039 times
Quote:
And the rightwing media does the same on the other side. They slam Obama and the Democrats every chance they get. It only matters when the other side does it, right?
The are all slamming and lying. I still don't see the vitriol from cons as I do from dems. Your political machine is a disseminator of lies and seeks to assassinate the characters of various people and groups on the right. This gets a lot of press from the msm, who are slanted left, even though many dems won't admit that.

Old 06-26-2014, 02:31 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,141,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnynrat View Post
You are obviously clueless about what the Tea Party represents. It is in no way a racist party as evidenced by the significant number of black politicians that are members of the Tea Party. To ignore that reality speaks to your ignorance.

One of the great mysteries in politics is why so many blacks continue to support the far left wing Democrat party that has done such a great disservice to blacks since LBJ's Great Society program. We've spent billions in the decades since then without moving the needle on poverty. It's quite sad really that the far left wing that has overtaken this country is oblivious to that reality.

Dave
The Tea Party isn't a racist organization, it's just an organization that racist join to congregate. There are at least hundreds of Tea Party members that aren't racist.

Old 06-26-2014, 02:32 PM

4,513 posts, read 5,063,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Mississippi Tea Party enraged by blacks voting Republican - World - CBC News

As this article well illustrates, the Tea Party is nothing but a reactionary, racist and repugnant, national disgrace for the USA.

If the Tea Party is so irrelevant why are you Libs so concerned about what they do and say ? After all, they're just a bunch of "reactionary, racist and repugnant folks" that don't matter, are just a small group, and serve no purpose. Why worry about them, why be concerned, why lose sleep over them ?
IT'S BECAUSE THEY SCARE THE **** OUT OF YOU LIBERALS, THAT'S WHY !!!!

Old 06-26-2014, 02:42 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,953,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Who cares about the whiners in foreign lands. I sure don't.
Amazing how much people put into what others think of America. Amazing how other countries would speak about not liking the Tea Party, all the while okay with sending their unwanted children to us!

Old 06-26-2014, 02:53 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,885,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
If the Tea Party is so irrelevant why are you Libs so concerned about what they do and say ? After all, they're just a bunch of "reactionary, racist and repugnant folks" that don't matter, are just a small group, and serve no purpose. Why worry about them, why be concerned, why lose sleep over them ?
IT'S BECAUSE THEY SCARE THE **** OUT OF YOU LIBERALS, THAT'S WHY !!!!
Their power in the GOP is disproportionate to their numbers, and their policies are detrimental to all Americans. That's why we pay attention to them. But it looks like the GOP is finally starting to marginalize them--they spent an inordinate amount of money this primary season to make sure the TP candidates were defeated. So there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Old 06-26-2014, 02:55 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,467,426 times
Quote:
Their power in the GOP is disproportionate to their numbers, and their policies are detrimental to all Americans. That's why we pay attention to them. But it looks like the GOP is finally starting to marginalize them--they spent an inordinate amount of money this primary season to make sure the TP candidates were defeated. So there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Yeah we know, it couldn't be any more obvious. Lefties want Totalitarianism because they are too fragile to compete in life on their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies