Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2014, 08:33 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Not at all. I didn't say that, in fact, ONLY you said it.

I said that someone was having a phone email conversation with Ms Lerner while Ms Lerner was on vacation. Ms Lerner mentioned a conversation she'd overheard between two Englishwomen, where one commented that the United States was "through". The person Ms Lerner was conversing with then mentioned listening to right-wing radio and the persons calling in to these radio shows. That some of them were "whackos". To which Ms Lerner responded that these "crazies" were a threat to the United States.

Unless your argument is that none of the people who call into right-wing radio shows to rant show evidence of mental illness, then you really can't take issue with this particular email exchange.
Just listen to they things elected democrats are saying publicly and you will have plenty of "evidence of mental illness."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 09:06 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Just listen to they things elected democrats are saying publicly and you will have plenty of "evidence of mental illness."
Lovely.

Now please tell me that NONE of the callers into right-wing radio could be considered "whackos".

Old 08-04-2014, 01:47 PM

7,506 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
What I found interesting about Lerner's email exchange is the "hoi paloi" comment. She basically admits she (and im sure many other liberals secretly feel the same way) frowns upon the common folk, the poor. She really doesn't want them mixed in with wealthy and high middle class/upper class areas. Hell, she even admits the welfare state really does hurt the country. Surprised this hoi paloi comment isnt being talked about more.

I've long believed the Democrats in DC use the poor and common folk as victims to keep them in power and what not. They won't often say it, but I have no doubt that many feel the same way about the common folk as Lerner does. They look down upon them and want them kept away from them. But its clear if you look at how they talk and legislate, that they put aside how they despise them to use them for their own political gains.
These very folks, the poor and middle class, continue to vote the very people that despise them into office. Then, these very folks defend people like Lerner to the point of mindless lunacy.

Old 08-04-2014, 04:57 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
These very folks, the poor and middle class, continue to vote the very people that despise them into office. Then, these very folks defend people like Lerner to the point of mindless lunacy.
I'll never understand why all the core Democrat constituencies continue to vote against their own best interests by voting for more Democrats. It's mind-boggling.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:21 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Democrats defy logic, with a straight face.... and want us to buy it.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:34 AM

7,506 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
I'll never understand why all the core Democrat constituencies continue to vote against their own best interests by voting for more Democrats. It's mind-boggling.
They have a belief that they are owed something. As if, they were cheated out of a birthright. When they see people that have worked hard for what they have or even those who were born with a silver spoon they get angry. Liberal politicians feed that hunger. In turn they vote for them and they line their pockets. A simple example that drives the point home is watching liberals salivate when Pelosi states she's going to tax the rich to death. Sadly, it doesn't occur to liberals if they bust their hump, do whatever it takes and work hard they can have a decent life because it's easier to play the victim. Don't believe me? Just wait until you read the replies.. I bet I'm spot on. a thousand excuses and not a single solution. What's lacking is a clear view of their part in their situation. I know, I used to think this way.

Old 08-05-2014, 05:24 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Democrats defy logic, with a straight face.... and want us to buy it.
I know! They just found an Email Lerner sent to Hillary that told her to keep soldiers from going to the "Benghazi, Benghazi, Benghazi" outpost aid... I mean, how can that ignore that "fact", huh?

Old 08-05-2014, 06:26 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I know! They just found an Email Lerner sent to Hillary that told her to keep soldiers from going to the "Benghazi, Benghazi, Benghazi" outpost aid... I mean, how can that ignore that "fact", huh?
You just defied all logic, again......

Old 08-05-2014, 07:25 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Lovely.

Now please tell me that NONE of the callers into right-wing radio could be considered "whackos".
Typical, I'm referring to your elected democrats, and in order to sound relevant you have to dumb it down to whacked out radio talk show callers?

Old 08-05-2014, 07:45 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Typical, I'm referring to your elected democrats, and in order to sound relevant you have to dumb it down to whacked out radio talk show callers?
Since the specific posts I'm addressing are talking about the emails that Ms Lerner exchanged while on vacation in London, where the actual emails talked about "whacked out radio talk show callers", I AM actually keeping it relevant. None of those emails talked about conservatives, or members of the Tea Party. And your reference to "elected democrats" is off-topic and a blatant attempt at misdirection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies