Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 10:49 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Healthcare insurance premiums increased by 90% between 2000-2010 and it had nothing to do with ACA.

Almost 70% of adults in the US are overweight/ obese and are substantially more prone to disease and complications than is typical in most other countries.

79 million US people have been diagnosed with diabetes or as pre-diabetic.

Of the 12 most common medications to treat Cancer, 11 cost more than $100,000 a year.

Senior non - medical management at hospitals are well compensated to build the brand and acquire or destroy the competition.
Cut the crap. It's insurance company profit - plain and simple.

Medical care costs more in this country because we don't have fixed rates and we don't
have a national single payer health care system.

Anyone that supports ACA/Obamacare simply supported an Insurance for profit health care
insurance system with a federal mandate to buy it to boot.

BTW, who do you think really wrote the law....

Old 07-07-2014, 10:50 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I got a notice telling me the wonderful news that my rates weren't going up. A couple of days later I got a notice saying Happy Birthday your rates are going up. I hate them.
Make yourself shorter. The taller you are the higher risk for cancer.

Oh yeah...God Bless America.

Old 07-07-2014, 11:04 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Elizabeth Fowler was one of the architects. She worked for WellPoint before Obamacare and is now at Johnson & Johnson.

Yeah, nothing fishy with that at all.

(Drones close in)

Old 07-08-2014, 07:21 AM

13,941 posts, read 5,615,884 times
The rate increases are coming because eventually Obama will forget to sign an EO to violate the law's employer mandates. As it stands, the current EO that says the mandate can be ignored expires in December, but providers have to set rates before then based on 2015's projections, and those rates will go into effect, you guessed it, by Oct 1.

That said, I think we can almost guaranteee that an EO will happen this month or next that pushes the mandates off for at least another 6 months, probably a year. It's EO accounting gimmickry meant to make ObamaCare look mathematically viable, which it isn't.

Eventually, all the parts of that abomination will go into effect and it will make prices go insane, but the Democrats will probably hold off on that until about 2 seconds after the 2016 elections. The mandates and other icky parts of ObamaCare will get pushed off until they can land in a Republican president's lap, and then all this busted math that Obama used EO's and accounting tricks to escape from will be credited to a Republican "doing it wrong" and they, not Obama/Pelosi/Reid, broke this law that was supposed to save the world.

Remember where you first read the prediction, because it's so transparent and obvious.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:47 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
How come only leftwinger's insurance rates are lower than everyone else's? Why are their rates only going up $20 when everyone else's have doubled or close to?

I smell BS or freeloader.

Just send them a email stating that you are a Democrat and you will even get a rebate!

Old 07-08-2014, 08:40 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Back when Obamacare became law I got the dreaded "Due to ACA your healthcare insurance has been canceled" then the letter went on to say that I was grandfathered in and will officially lose my insurance December 31, 2014. Afterward my insurance premiums went from $455.00 to $540.00.

Now I just got another notice that my insurance premiums went up to over $700 per month (no sicknesses). Is anyone else's insurance going up? I thought Obamacare would make my insurance go down, not up?

Most health insurance rates for 2015 are scheduled to be approved by early fall.
Our insurance jumped in June from $600 a month to over $1,100 a month with an $11,000 deductible. If it goes upward any more we will just not have insurance I fear. This is the thing that disturbs me the most about this whole change to our healthcare industry....that it would reduce our premiums and we could keep our doctors. It raised premiums across the board and only a small percentage of poor are receiving benefits. The other thing I read recently is that many people receiving subsidies in states that did not set up their own exchanges may in fact be losing them soon as the courts hear the arguments. Scary stuff.
Also, if you went through the exchange....they say "things" were miscalculated and that is why the premiums are jumping in Sept. I am not confident that this government can calculate anything.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:50 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,028 times
I'd be interested to know how many of these folks whose premiums are 'jumping' live in states that did not set up exchanges.

If you do, try to remember that at election time. If your governor or legislature chose to punish you for a political score over the Democrats, don't vote for the GOP candidate.

Old 07-08-2014, 09:12 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Our insurance jumped in June from $600 a month to over $1,100 a month with an $11,000 deductible. If it goes upward any more we will just not have insurance I fear. This is the thing that disturbs me the most about this whole change to our healthcare industry....that it would reduce our premiums and we could keep our doctors. It raised premiums across the board and only a small percentage of poor are receiving benefits. The other thing I read recently is that many people receiving subsidies in states that did not set up their own exchanges may in fact be losing them soon as the courts hear the arguments. Scary stuff.
Also, if you went through the exchange....they say "things" were miscalculated and that is why the premiums are jumping in Sept. I am not confident that this government can calculate anything.
Sad isn't it. Obama had to lie about it. Now the people who could once afford insurance can not afford it.

Old 07-08-2014, 10:36 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Cut the crap. It's insurance company profit - plain and simple.

Medical care costs more in this country because we don't have fixed rates and we don't
have a national single payer health care system.

Anyone that supports ACA/Obamacare simply supported an Insurance for profit health care
insurance system with a federal mandate to buy it to boot.

I am curious, did you guys complain this much about your health care insurance going up before ACA?

Though I do agree, ACA should have included a national single payer system. And for those that wanted more than that, they could have bought extra insurance on their own. I would have been in support of that.

Old 07-08-2014, 10:37 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,518,799 times
Why do you people waste your time with members like b-kid? I put him on ignore a long time ago when I realized he lied to everyone here about who he was and what he believed, like he was a conservative instead of a far left plant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies