Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 02:29 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Why tax my labor, when taxing my consumption has a better outcome and deters over taxation. All giving everyone skin in the game, even those millions of tourist, consuming what taxes pay for.
Business owners often buy everything they can use at home and deduct it under the business name and don't pay any taxes on that stuff. They go on vacations that they cal it a business meeting and deduct that as well. Joe common man cannot do that. How many farmers do you see driving around in late model one ton trucks? Those are deducted as well. The little guy pays it through the nose on a consumption tax and the business man laughs at us all the way to the bank.

Old 07-09-2014, 02:31 PM

25,747 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Ya and the income tax part is killing the middle class.
Cities and counties have a sales tax, they actually take care of my needs. The Federal Government doesn't.
There is no point of discussing this topic with folks who feel taxes are some sort of "great equalizer," rather than "fee for services rendered." The former believes in slavery, collectivism, and individual achievement discouragement, the latter believes in individualism and payment for services rendered the individual--two vastly differing philosophies which have very little common ground. Of course, in general, the two prevailing social philosophies these days have very little in common on the whole, either.

Old 07-09-2014, 02:33 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Andrew Jackson is up there screaming, "I told you, Mother F'ers!"
I think you mean Samuel Jackson.

Old 07-09-2014, 02:34 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,406,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Actually, yes, that would be great.

Study up on him a bit. He was not a very nice person, generally.
Yep. I'm not quiet about my contempt for the founding fathers. Biggest hypocrites in history.

Old 07-09-2014, 02:34 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
No, the OP is saying, "Look Andrew Jackson was so right"

1.) It concentrates the nation’s financial strength in a single institution.
2.) It exposes the government to control by foreign interests.
3.) It serves mainly to make the rich richer.
4.) It exercises too much control over members of Congress.
5.) It favors northeastern states over southern and western states.
im neutral on this issue, but the OP has provided no evidence that the fed does any of these things.

Old 07-09-2014, 03:49 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Only 10%? I would love to see a link to fact check this math. I am sure it came from a study you are familiar with.

Of course a federal sales tax would be on top of the state sales tax. Most people would be looking to pay 10-20% on everything, which punishes consumerism in our consumer based economy.

Oh how unfortunate for you, that you State has a sales tax and an additional income tax.
I will say a little prayer for you.

I live in a state that has no sales tax. The city I live in has a sales tax, but not the county or state.
The state I live in has no income tax.

The state I live in is leading the way to economic recovery for the nation.(actually we never felt 2007 & 2008)

Old 07-09-2014, 03:53 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Oh how unfortunate for you, that you State has a sales tax and an additional income tax.
I will say a little prayer for you.

I live in a state that has no sales tax. The city I live in has a sales tax, but not the county or state.
The state I live in has no income tax.

The state I live in is leading the way to economic recovery for the nation.(actually we never felt 2007 & 2008)
Actually I am moving back to a state that has no sales tax because they understand the importance of not taxing a consumer based economy. Sounds like your state agrees that it isn't the best idea to tax a consumer based economy.

Oh and I am non religious so a prayer wouldn't mean anything to me.

Old 07-09-2014, 03:55 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post

So is that why the West is still an unpopulated wasteland? I don't think you know what the Federal Reserve Bank does.
You gloss over a lot of stuff, don't you?

Old 07-09-2014, 03:55 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Business owners often buy everything they can use at home and deduct it under the business name and don't pay any taxes on that stuff. They go on vacations that they cal it a business meeting and deduct that as well. Joe common man cannot do that. How many farmers do you see driving around in late model one ton trucks? Those are deducted as well. The little guy pays it through the nose on a consumption tax and the business man laughs at us all the way to the bank.

Ya, they would not get those breaks and deductions anymore.

Those deductions would no longer exist, meaning business owners would be taxed unless the paper trail shows it was resold, and taxed.
The vacations would be taxed, The farmer would pay the tax on the truck like everyone else.

The rich would pay the tax on their 15 million home purchase and on their 6 million vacation home, plus on the $75,000 cars, the tax would be a greater amount than on my $23,000 farm truck. The rich would by expensive stuff and more of it like they always do. They will pay a higher amount of tax than the guy buying generic.

Last edited by BentBow; 07-09-2014 at 04:33 PM..

Old 07-09-2014, 03:58 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
You gloss over a lot of stuff, don't you?
No I don't, I just thought that was an interesting point he was making.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies