Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 06:00 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,081,055 times

Advertisements

For endangering all Americans with your foreign policy disasters.

'Terrorist Groups' Seize Uranium Compounds, Iraq Tells U.N. - NBC News

Old 07-10-2014, 06:31 AM

68,333 posts, read 54,437,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post

Give credit where credit's due, thank fratboy and The Dick for turning Iraq into the lawless cesspool it's become.

Old 07-10-2014, 06:37 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,464,216 times
So Iraq bears no responsibility? A country that demanded the US leave, that Bush signed the agreement in 2008 with a firm deadline

President Bush and Iraq Prime Minister Maliki Sign the Strategic Framework Agreement and Security Agreement

I guess to some people Obama is wrong no matter what he did. Stay, leave, keep the troops there in violation of the treaty. Iraq having a number of years to do something and they haven't done a good job...obviously Obama's fault. Might want to read your article as well. The materials are not fissionable, or can be made to be so, and are not a significant risk. They were research materials that even lab students could have used.

I guess facts don't matter in blind unending hatred of Obama though.

Old 07-10-2014, 06:51 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,178,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Give credit where credit's due, thank fratboy and The Dick for turning Iraq into the lawless cesspool it's become.
Iraq was on its way to becoming a functioning democracy until Barack came on the stage and said he was ending US involvement. The terrorists regrouped, retrained, and rejoiced that they had a friend in the White House.

Old 07-10-2014, 06:53 AM

1,013 posts, read 910,908 times
Quote:

this can't be good...

why does iraq have any uranium anyway?

are they not free from wmd yet?
(inside joke if you know what happened)

Old 07-10-2014, 06:58 AM

68,333 posts, read 54,437,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Iraq was on its way to becoming a functioning democracy until Barack came on the stage and said he was ending US involvement. The terrorists regrouped, retrained, and rejoiced that they had a friend in the White House.
Iraq wasn't ruled by religious fanatics while Saddam was in power and to consider a government headed by Maliki's malfeasance a 'functioning democracy' is just ridiculous. More importantly, Iraq represented no imminent threat to the US before we once again stuck our nose where it didn't belong.

Last edited by burdell; 07-10-2014 at 07:19 AM..

Old 07-10-2014, 07:17 AM

59,164 posts, read 27,361,070 times
Quote:

Wait! It can't be. Haven't the Bush haters been saying for YEARS that Iraq had NO nuclear material.

Old 07-10-2014, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And you think Iraq was a model of democracy and freedom.

Your news source probably didn't show the children's prison with the shredder just below the bar where they suspended the kids by the wrists and lowered them into the shredder.

Etc., etc., etc.!

Old 07-10-2014, 07:31 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,249,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
And you think Iraq was a model of democracy and freedom.

Your news source probably didn't show the children's prison with the shredder just below the bar where they suspended the kids by the wrists and lowered them into the shredder.

Etc., etc., etc.!
Shredding kids in a new one on me. As terrible as it sounds that is not why we went there at all.

Old 07-10-2014, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
So Iraq bears no responsibility? A country that demanded the US leave, that Bush signed the agreement in 2008 with a firm deadline

President Bush and Iraq Prime Minister Maliki Sign the Strategic Framework Agreement and Security Agreement

I guess to some people Obama is wrong no matter what he did. Stay, leave, keep the troops there in violation of the treaty. Iraq having a number of years to do something and they haven't done a good job...obviously Obama's fault. Might want to read your article as well. The materials are not fissionable, or can be made to be so, and are not a significant risk. They were research materials that even lab students could have used.

I guess facts don't matter in blind unending hatred of Obama though.
I guess you do NOT know what "framework" means.

"I believe that Iraq, we have performed and have done great work in a cooperative and integrated way in fighting terror. We have succeeded in Iraq, and we hope that efforts also around the world will succeed in defeating terrorism. Today Iraq is moving forward in every field. Through the new Iraqi political system we are working very hard through this, as well as developing the Iraqi economy, and reconstruction of Iraq. We are doing all of this in order for Iraq to restore its rightful place among nations and among the world, and away from the previous reckless policies that focused on wars with the previous regime."

What has Obama done to CONTINUE this endeavor?

"I'm sure you can remember what life was two years ago. When we were working together during that period such an agreement seemed unimaginable. Chaos and violence were consuming Iraq. The terrorists were seizing new ground, and the Iraqi people were beginning to divide the Iraqi people along sectarian lines. But you were determined, and I was determined to do something differently -- not to allow Iraq to fall into civil war. And our plan is working. You notice I say "our plan." Today, violence is down dramatically. Al Qaeda is driven from its safe havens. Sunnis, Shia, and Kurds are sitting together at the same table to part -- to peacefully chart the future of this country."

"When we WERE working TOGETHER" When has Obama "worked" WITH Iraq? All he wanted to do was get out.

"not to allow Iraq to fall into civil war." I guess Obama succeeded in that also.

"We're also signing a Security Agreement, sometimes called a Status of Forces Agreement. The agreement provides American troops and Defense Department officials with authorizations and protections to continue supporting Iraq's democracy once the U.N. mandate expires at the end of this year. This agreement respects the sovereignty and the authority of Iraq's democracy. The agreement lays out a framework for the withdrawal of American forces in Iraq -- a withdrawal that is possible because of the success of the surge.

Why didn't Obama succeed in getting it renewed?

" Bush signed the agreement in 2008 with a firm deadline."

I must have missed that in link. Where is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies