Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2014, 09:58 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,940,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
This picture is from Kathy Perkins from Armed Mom With Guns in January at a Girl Scout Cookie Sale in Texas. Does anyone see a problem here with two people holding AR-15 in front of the young girl scouts?. I doubt it.

Here is the same Kathy Perkins posting on face book with a picture of the President commenting "where is an assassin when you need one". Responsible people with guns until they become irresponsible people with guns.

Moms With Guns founder shares Obama pic on Facebook, adds ‘where is assassin when you need one’
I can't help but notice the smiles on the little girls faces.. It seems to me, they are perfectly content inn the situation they are in. It also seems to me, that you are more terrified than they are.

Old 07-13-2014, 10:23 AM

17,810 posts, read 13,713,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
Yes, it was the firearm's fault that its user picked it up and decided to take his/her own life or go out and kill a bunch of people with it. But yet the dog is always given a pass, the owner should have known better, should have taught it better. Can someone explain this to me?
The fact that you CAN pick up a firearm and kill yourself and a bunch of people with it answers your question. You can't do that with say a marshmallow.

And no, the dogs aren't always given "a free pass". Lot's of dogs are inherently dangerous. In fact all dogs are to a varying degree.

Pit Bulls are more dangerous than a Maltese and so on.

Gun Goobs who insist that people who kill with guns "could do the same thing with a knife or a something else" are the equivalent of Dog Doofuses saying (when a Pit Bull attacks someone) "well a maltese could do the same thing."

Old 07-13-2014, 10:41 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
The fact that you CAN pick up a firearm and kill yourself and a bunch of people with it answers your question. You can't do that with say a marshmallow.

And no, the dogs aren't always given "a free pass". Lot's of dogs are inherently dangerous. In fact all dogs are to a varying degree.

Gun Goobs who insist that people who kill with guns "could do the same thing with a knife or a something else" are the equivalent of Dog Doofuses saying (when a Pit Bull attacks someone) "well a maltese could do the same thing."
no dogs are NOT inherently dangerous. dogs are born followers, and prefer to be balanced and calm submissive. when any dog is vicious, it is because the human behind the dog allowed the dog to get that way by not being the dogs pack leader and setting the rules and boundaries the dog has to live by.

Old 07-13-2014, 10:53 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:

So you cannot kill someone with a knife?

Why, when the anti gunner such as you loose and argument, you start to call people names?

Do you agree with the treat title, now that everything has come out about this guy?

What about the picture the OP just posted...are there 2 AR15 in that pic?

Old 07-13-2014, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
no dogs are NOT inherently dangerous. dogs are born followers, and prefer to be balanced and calm submissive. when any dog is vicious, it is because the human behind the dog allowed the dog to get that way by not being the dogs pack leader and setting the rules and boundaries the dog has to live by.
Great I get to argue dogs with a gun supporter.

Dogs are wolves who have been bred to have certain traits. Wolves are certainly dangerous.

But that is besides the point. We have irresponsible gun owners and we have irresponsible dog owners.

I just can't deal with the intellectual dishonesty of the "inanimate object" argument that so many gun supporters use.

And to return to dogs, you are less likely to get mauled by a maltese than you are a Pit Bull.

Just like you are less likely to get killed with a butter knife than you are an automatic weapon.

Old 07-13-2014, 10:59 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,448,018 times
But I thought gun crime was caused by liberal incompetence??

Old 07-13-2014, 11:06 AM

19,845 posts, read 12,116,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This has more details, restraining orders, abuse and yet he still had a gun.

Alleged Texas Shooter Ron Haskell Choked, Threatened Mom Week Ago - ABC News
Why wasn't he locked up after taping his mother to a chair and threatening her?

Old 07-13-2014, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So you cannot kill someone with a knife?

Why, when the anti gunner such as you loose and argument, you start to call people names?

Do you agree with the treat title, now that everything has come out about this guy?

What about the picture the OP just posted...are there 2 AR15 in that pic?
So the names hurt your feelings. Sorry,

Here is exactly why I use the term "gun goob". Lack of intellectual acumen when it comes to guns. Complete inability to reason or use logic when it comes to guns.

Let's try a little exercise and I will be courteous.

Gun Supporter: "You can kill people with a knife just as easily as with a gun. Dead is dead."

You hear that one a lot.

However you also hear this one from gun supporters as well.

Gun supporter: "Don't bring a knife to a gunfight."

The first statement tries to derive an equivalency between a gun and a knife.

The second statement is implicit in maintaining that a gun is more advantageous than a knife in an armed conflict.

This is illogical.

And within the context of my post. It is no different than denying that a Pit Bull or Rotweiller is more dangerous than a Maltese or a Toy Poodle.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________

To get back on point. I believe that with mentally deranged people like this guy, the choice of weapon is less likely to matter. They may just as easily use a knife or a bat or something besides a gun. But for your standard jackass hothead who is armed with a gun? He is more likely to pull out the gun and squeeze off a few rounds in a state of rage than he is to use his fists or pick up a rock or something.

Old 07-13-2014, 01:14 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Anyone see the size of the guy? Like he wouldn't have used a knife if no other weapon was present. These people had no chance.

Old 07-13-2014, 01:28 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
So the names hurt your feelings. Sorry,

Here is exactly why I use the term "gun goob". Lack of intellectual acumen when it comes to guns. Complete inability to reason or use logic when it comes to guns.
Nope, does not hurt my feeling, one bit....

Most people who own guns, do not want to make a snap judgement as you say (acumen), they like to look at the entire problem, then make a decision. Unlike the OP who completely lied about the thread title....

Anyway...

Just shows that you are not willing to have a real conversation...because you cannot.

Quote:
Let's try a little exercise and I will be courteous.

Gun Supporter: "You can kill people with a knife just as easily as with a gun. Dead is dead."

You hear that one a lot.
You don't have to be courteous, you have proven that those words mean nothing to you anyway...they are make you feel better words...which you have proven...

Dead is dead, is it not? With a gun or knife. When one wants to kill, they are going to kill...do you disagree?

Quote:
However you also hear this one from gun supporters as well.

Gun supporter: "Don't bring a knife to a gunfight."
Nope, that would be obama who said that....

Quote:
He [Obama] warned that the general election campaign could get ugly. “They’re going to try to scare people. They’re going to try to say that ‘that Obama is a scary guy,’ ” he said. A donor yelled out a deep accented “Don’t give in!” “I won’t but that sounded pretty scary. You’re a tough guy,” Obama said.
“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,” Obama said. “Because from what I understand folks in Philly like a good brawl. I’ve seen Eagles fans.”
"
Obama, Guns and ‘The Untouchables’

Quote:
The first statement tries to derive an equivalency between a gun and a knife.

The second statement is implicit in maintaining that a gun is more advantageous than a knife in an armed conflict.
So dead is not dead...that is what you are saying?

Quote:
This is illogical.
You have provided nothing but your opinion, nothing logical...

Quote:
And within the context of my post. It is no different than denying that a Pit Bull or Rotweiller is more dangerous than a Maltese or a Toy Poodle.
I did not know guns had a brain, dogs do, they make their own decisions....

If you can provide where a gun has made a decision, you'll be worth millions...
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________

Quote:
To get back on point. I believe that with mentally deranged people like this guy, the choice of weapon is less likely to matter. They may just as easily use a knife or a bat or something besides a gun. But for your standard jackass hothead who is armed with a gun? He is more likely to pull out the gun and squeeze off a few rounds in a state of rage than he is to use his fists or pick up a rock or something.
Yes, I'll agree....however, they are going to kill...they are going to kill, right? Dead IS dead, whether you like it or not....by gun or knife.....

Now, I also noticed that you did not answer my other questions? Why is that, do you really have that little knowledge of guns to honestly answer those questions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies