Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 07:36 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,406,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I would love to see the House pass Comprehensive Immigration Reform, and, if they do, Reid should bring it up for a vote.
They wont. If they do, some other stupid **** will be attached to it. That is the problem; Republicans won't pass a bill without something outrageous in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2014, 07:39 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
They wont. If they do, some other stupid **** will be attached to it. That is the problem; Republicans won't pass a bill without something outrageous in it.
That is true of both parties. Personally, I'd love a constitutional amendment requiring an individual vote for every item in a bill which costs money at any level of government. We'd no longer see "bridges to nowhere" legislation.

Old 07-14-2014, 08:48 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
And the republicans say the same thing about the Dems.

Old 07-14-2014, 08:49 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
I would love to see the House pass Comprehensive Immigration Reform, and, if they do, Reid should bring it up for a vote.
As would I. Just not the porkster passed by the senate that also happens to reward criminals for breaking our laws.

Old 07-14-2014, 08:56 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Talking Can't put all blame on GOP for nothing getting done in DC...Reid blocks votes

I wouldn't be surprised if Reid blocked votes on those 54 house bills to repeal the ACA.

The House has voted 54 times in four years on Obamacare. Here’s the full list. - The Washington Post

Call it what you want.

What it really is, is blocking idiocy.

Carry on.

Old 07-14-2014, 08:56 PM

2,410 posts, read 4,457,153 times
Quote:
Yes we can.

Reid is doing his job. Republicans are not slick. Don't bring bull**** to the table.

X needs to be passed. (budget, immigration, anything)

Republicans:

X + Repeal / Defund Obamacare

"Reid blocked it!"

Repeat X 240
Please stop listening to what people want you to think. Go to GovTrack and actually look at the bills. This is the Congressional site and shows each entire bill, every amendment, every vote, everything. This is where you can actually read the entire Immigration Bill and make up your own mind on whether it should be passed "as is" (with no border security reform) or not. (The Immigration Bill is Senate 744.)

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/

Old 07-14-2014, 10:26 PM

27,146 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Reid has over 240 bills from the House sitting in his 'pending' basket.

Yes, otherwise known as the trash can.

Reid, The Great Obstructionist.

Old 07-14-2014, 10:27 PM

27,146 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:

I would love to see comprehensive enforcement of our Laws.

Old 07-14-2014, 10:42 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,496 times
Most of the bills have something about defunding Obamacare. The ones that dont have the equivalent of subsidies for carrot farmers. After that Republicans dont have diddly unless its banning abortions or defunding NPR.

Old 07-14-2014, 11:16 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Guess How Many Bills the Senate Has Actually Voted on This Year | TheBlaze.com

Reid is doing more to protect Democrat Senators voting records than actually getting anything done. Not that this is a shock; we all know how evil and much of a liar Reid is. But since the mainstream news outlets don't inform the public as to what is going on, others have to do it.

I still can not fathom how any Democrat can support Harry Reid. The outright lies he tells and then this. Put aside your politics for a moment and stand up to this dirtbag.
1.Which one of those bills do you actually think would pass the senate ????

Without quoting a single bill where you believe it would pass, all you have shown me is that Harry Reid inst interested in wasting the time and money of the American people.

2. What happened to "the Government that governs least governs best"???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies