Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 09:21 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
And most likely the kids will be confused and maybe not fit in with Blacks or Whites, pretty sad.
No it isn't.

Old 07-15-2014, 09:39 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Very well said......I totally agree with you.

I see a White women who has married a Black man, I do not hold any anger or hatred towards them.......but it does seem like a pity to me. And most likely the kids will be confused and maybe not fit in with Blacks or Whites, pretty sad.
Wow, if seeing two people who love each other and have made a commitment to each other makes you feel pity, then it's I who pity you. You're right--pretty sad.

Old 07-15-2014, 09:51 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,146,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddoneout View Post
I would like this to be an adult and civil debate. I'll start by stating who a person dates or sleeps with is none of my business and I don't wish to make it my business. However, on a moral level, I don't agree with homosexuality and miscegenation. If I see a gay or interracial couple in the street, I don't give them a mean stare or special attention - I pass them as I would any other person. I don't go on crusades, blasting them. I pretty much keep it to myself unless people directly ask, and then I reveal what I think. Why do some people, particularly liberals, always feel the need to be outraged when I reveal my views on the topic? Sometimes it is as if I just beheaded a baby. I'm not hurting anyone - I don't heckle or hurl verbal abuse towards gays or interracial couples. I just don't agree with them. What's so wrong about that? It's my right.
You are free to feel and think whatever you want to, but you are not free from scrutiny or from others challenging you and regarding you and your views with disrespect. Especially views based on false premises and formulated with faulty reasoning, and especially negative views about people or groups have done nothing to you but be themselves, regardless of how well you treat them. Exactly why do you feel way you do? Can your views be supported with evidence? Do they ultimately bring you and the people around you greater happiness or prosperity? Is it reasonable and advantageous to continue to hold these views? Are you holding them "just because" or out of some sense of resisting something?

When you express those kinds of views, people are not likely to perceive you as having asked yourself any of those things with any seriousness and honestly it's very off-putting and prone to generating negative reactions.

Old 07-15-2014, 10:04 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Very well said......I totally agree with you.

I see a White women who has married a Black man, I do not hold any anger or hatred towards them.......but it does seem like a pity to me. And most likely the kids will be confused and maybe not fit in with Blacks or Whites, pretty sad.
Oh so sad.....

Old 07-15-2014, 10:26 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
I would like this to be an adult and civil debate. I'll start by stating who a person dates or sleeps with is none of my business and I don't wish to make it my business. However, on a moral level, I don't agree with homosexuality and miscegenation. If I see a gay or interracial couple in the street, I don't give them a mean stare or special attention - I pass them as I would any other person. I don't go on crusades, blasting them. I pretty much keep it to myself unless people directly ask, and then I reveal what I think. Why do some people, particularly liberals, always feel the need to be outraged when I reveal my views on the topic? Sometimes it is as if I just beheaded a baby. I'm not hurting anyone - I don't heckle or hurl verbal abuse towards gays or interracial couples. I just don't agree with them. What's so wrong about that? It's my right.
Mkay....

Old 07-15-2014, 10:30 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
I feel that interracial marriage/interracial children destroy history and culture of the unique people on our planet. Don't me wrong - I don't wish biracial people any ill or anything of that sort. I wish them well just as with everyone else. But they tend to be confused individuals who don't really know what they want. It is natural/genetic to want to be around people that look/act like you, hence why I don't agree with miscegenation. I just don't think it is natural. It is not what God intended in my opinion.

The funny thing is that Arab Muslims in particular frown upon (some go to extreme lengths to make sure it doesn't happen) their own marrying externally and no one says anything about that.
People have been "mixing" since the beginning of humanity.

Oh and by the way, Moses had a BLACK wife, Zipporah. So I think God is OK with it.

Old 07-15-2014, 10:45 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
Quote:
Absolute garbage!! Just because you're big, strong and fast, it doesn't mean you can make an impact. Put any one of the NBA or NFL folks on the soccer pitch and they would be like bewildered children. There are plenty of physical beasts in soccer but they suck because they lack the technical ability. Look at one of the best players in soccer history. Leo Messi. He's 5'7 and thin as a stick, but yet he will go down as one of the greatest ever. Pele wasn't big. Neither was Maradona. Yet they are considered to be the best two players ever not because of their size and speed, but because of the technical ability and genius they had with their feet.
I rarely hear people say soccer pitch, it's usually soccer field. It seems to be associated more with cricket. Just curious, are you from England or India by chance (perhaps SE Asia)? And, you know who Leo Messi is too? No big deal, just a bit interesting.

Old 07-15-2014, 11:10 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Actually, rights are in the amendments to the Constitution and what you're against isn't one of them. You cannot agree with homosexuality or miscegenation. It's just not a right.

Old 07-15-2014, 11:20 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,003,320 times
Quote:
I highly advised that you never visit Brazil. The level of racial-mixing going on down there will probably make your head explode.

Old 07-16-2014, 01:22 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
People have been "mixing" since the beginning of humanity.

Oh and by the way, Moses had a BLACK wife, Zipporah. So I think God is OK with it.
If you read the song of Solomon, it is clear that the beautiful Shulamite maiden was black.

Mixed race marriage is not forbidden by the Bible. Neither is polygamy for that matter. Homosexual acts absolutely are forbidden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies