Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 07:14 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Only if you are a student at the one school that sold CFA for a fundraiser. If not, then it has no impact on your life at all.

And why are they raising funds to send the special ed students to six flags? What does six flags have to do with education? A museum would be less expensive and more educational.
I don't know if Six Flags does it but Cedar Point does a physics day where kids learn about the physics involved in the rides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 07:15 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Who is "we"?And do you need the first lady and a team of bureaucrats to plan your daily diet?
Learn to read. I said "we, as a nation, are growing fatter by the year" and the numbers bear that out. You can ignore that if you choose, but it doesn't make the problem go away.

Again, what is wrong with the First Lady making awareness of this issue her cause?

Old 07-17-2014, 07:18 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Obesity has tripled in the last 60 years. We are a fat nation, growing fatter by the year, and it's costing us big time. You don't consider that a problem that we should be addressing? The First Lady has made this her cause, and I applaud her for bringing it to the fore.
I tend to think a lot of the outrage is planted by the lobbies of junk food. It's these lobbies that bought and own permanent seats at the table ( regardless of who sits the oval or holds the majority) and makes certain their products continue to be eligible for SNAP.

Per capita, we are the fattest nation and have the highest healthcare costs. No coincidence.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:18 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Learn to read. I said "we, as a nation, are growing fatter by the year" and the numbers bear that out. You can ignore that if you choose, but it doesn't make the problem go away.

Again, what is wrong with the First Lady making awareness of this issue her cause?
I dont think of myself as a "we", I make my own educated choices, but I'm wondering why you need the first lady to make yours?

Old 07-17-2014, 07:20 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I tend to think a lot of the outrage is planted by the lobbies of junk food. It's these lobbies that bought and own permanent seats at the table ( regardless of who sits the oval or holds the majority) and makes certain their products continue to be eligible for SNAP.

Per capita, we are the fattest nation and have the highest healthcare costs. No coincidence.
If so,they bought seats at the table that your lawmaker sold to them at your expense.
And you want to keep giving them more say lol

Old 07-17-2014, 07:21 AM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Chick Fil A is owned by Christians. The Obama's, as with most liberals, hate Christians. Simple as that.
Kinda strange since the Obama's are Christians themselves ....

WHY are so many against children not getting a HIGH fat, HIGH sodium lunch supplied by the school?

You would think parents would be HAPPY their child was getting a nutritious lunch.

School lunches have been under the regulation of the federal Government since there have been "school" lunches, you guys act like this is something Obama started.

When I was in school, there were NO Pop/Soda machines, you had a choice between white and chocolate milk, usually the lunches were very good, there was NO corporate sponsorship of lunches.

Those that didn't get a 'lunch card" paid full price(VERY reasonable) or bagged their lunch.

Almost everyone walked to school, there was maybe one "fat" kid in a class.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:26 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I dont think of myself as a "we", I make my own educated choices, but I'm wondering why you need the first lady to make yours?
What's really interesting is the recent research that shows that it's not saturated fats that cause issues in our diet. It's carbs. They keep changing what we SHOULD eat. I'm going with my old doctor's advice. All things in moderation. Next year they'll tell us lettuce is bad for us.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:26 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,051,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Chick Fil A is owned by Christians. The Obama's, as with most liberals, hate Christians. Simple as that.
He is Christian. I bet you'll say he hates black people next.

Or maybe he's just pretending to be a Christian. Like he's pretending to be an American... and pretending to be black! Then he reveals his master, evil plan!

You guys are out of your minds.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:32 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Strange, the Bill that was passed by Congress and signed into law by the President makes no mention of Ms. Obama:

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-11...111publ296.pdf

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/111-2010/h603

The second link shows who voted 'aye' or 'nay' in the House.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:35 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,174,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You do know that some body parts are just genetics and have nothing to do with what we eat

Yep. We don't know what her ancestors had sex with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies