Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 07:12 PM

432 posts, read 492,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaste View Post
Yes with divorce laws and child custody in particular.

There is a lot of misandry in the media also that people believe is humorous. Also a lot of things in the dating world slight men. I think the MRA is a proper response to hyper feminism. I just hope it doesn't get blown out of proportion because ultimately I think there should be equality among the sexes.
OR we could just champion the equality and the human cause and bury all those guilty of treating people unfairly, no matter what race, color, creed, gender, height, etc. are.

Jus' sayin'.

Old 07-20-2014, 07:12 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,065,231 times
I'm not an MRA, but I do agree with some of their points. But sometimes they can be just as irritating as feminists. I tend to listen more to MGTOW than MRAs.

Old 07-20-2014, 07:15 PM

785 posts, read 955,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by variant View Post
OR we could just champion the equality and the human cause and bury all those guilty of treating people unfairly, no matter what race, color, creed, gender, height, etc. are.

Jus' sayin'.
You sound like someone I'd be friends with IRL

Old 07-20-2014, 07:19 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,132,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jparkz View Post
Read a few excerpts from "The Myth of Male Power" to get an idea. It's a best international seller and a very interesting read from an ex feminist.

This is one of their main points. Man up. Men's issues is just a joke to some
I've read enough of Warren Farrell's quotes to know to ignore him

Warren Farrell - Wikiquote

Old 07-20-2014, 07:22 PM

113 posts, read 111,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
I've read enough of Warren Farrell's quotes to know to ignore him

Warren Farrell - Wikiquote
Congrats. The book is still an international best seller and raises valid points.

The best part about Warren is he used to be a feminist. He woukd give speeches to women about men and their faults to standing ovations. Then he started looking at women and their faults. The standing ovations stopped. It opened his eyes to the hypocrisy of feminism and the book got its basis.

Old 07-20-2014, 07:58 PM

377 posts, read 533,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jparkz View Post
Read a few excerpts from "The Myth of Male Power" to get an idea. It's a best international seller and a very interesting read from an ex feminist.
Wow, I had no idea, so now socially awkward males have an official acronym...MRA....it's the same hype, it's embarrassing to think that men feel this way....The false rape charges and domestic violence issues are for those lamers to hide behind. The reason there are laws of the effect, if because men are more dangerous, then women....I've seen the arguments, the double standards yada yada...that arguments that women provoke men, and are just as violent as men can be....please, I'm not advocating women to act violently, but the only way a woman could hurt me is with a moving vehicle or a gun....no woman could mentally f with me and cause me deep wounds...Men want to know why they aren't protected? Here are the facts: and since you love to spout off number you should be able to get a picture...

Number of U.S. troops killed in Afghanistan and Iraq: 6,614:
Number of women, in the same period, killed as the result of domestic violence in the US: 11,766
Number of people per minute who experience intimate partner violence in the U.S.: 24
Number of workplace violence incidents in the U.S. annually that are the result of current or past intimate partner assaults: 18,700
Number of women in the U.S. who report intimate partner violence: 1 in 4
Number of women who will experience partner violence worldwide: 1 in 3

blame the brotherhood, you f'd yourselves.

As for divorce and child custody and support....in the long run, in both cases, you ultimately chose what you did, and your experience is a good reason people need to really make good sound choices...stop blaming the law for your F ups....

Old 07-20-2014, 08:03 PM

792 posts, read 636,044 times
Eh, there are definitely some ways men have a disadvantage. Any woman without serious, serious defects can find one man willing to date them; many men who are nice guys but aren't physically attractive struggle finding anyone.

Old 07-20-2014, 08:07 PM

377 posts, read 533,695 times
Quote:
Not exactly a MRA issue but many have addressed how male physical abuse is laughed at and the opposite is seen as much more severe.

Although men commit about 90% of the violent crimes, in domestic violence women tend to be more violent. It is a perception that men are these angry violent creatures. Women are just as likely to kill their own children as men.

Stuff like Solange, Hope Solo, etc are laughed at quite often.
I totally understand where you are coming from, but the the number of guys who beat their wives or girlfriends far exceeds the most violent women. Everyday, in court houses across the country, you will see court rooms filled with men on domestic violence charges and maybe one or two women...and those women were probably provoked to get to that level of anger to hit, or stab/shoot the guy.

It's not that men are more angry and violent, it's the fact that men have the capability to cause more damage, when they get mad, or angry....A woman would need a weapon and the element of surprise to hurt me....for me to hurt a woman, I won't need any weapons....
Men are physically stronger, even our voices are more intimidating then a woman's. It's just how it is, and laws are in place to protect the majority, the majority of violence is against women....
What they need to teach in schools, is anger management and domestic violence, and only then will there be any hope...

Old 07-20-2014, 08:19 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,870,500 times
Quote:
Yes with divorce laws and child custody in particular.

There is a lot of misandry in the media also that people believe is humorous. Also a lot of things in the dating world slight men. I think the MRA is a proper response to hyper feminism. I just hope it doesn't get blown out of proportion because ultimately I think there should be equality among the sexes.
What's hyper feminism?

Old 07-20-2014, 08:19 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,145,029 times
Im not understanding why this misnomer that men commit more domestic violence than women keeps getting thrown around....there have been several studies over the years that have clearly established that women either commit as much domestic violence as men, or more of it depending on how it is measured...men do cause more damage on average when they retaliate, but its been shown time and time again that women are more often than not the initiators of most domestic violence exchanges.

Last edited by soletaire; 07-20-2014 at 09:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies