Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 01:19 PM

35,066 posts, read 31,293,790 times

Advertisements

I'm 28 and many of my family members were Democrats, but these were mostly older Democrats, many of whom were veterans. Most were Democrats because the Democrats were for the "little guy," and I always thought they generally had the nation's best interests at heart.

Today I see many Democrats who seem to want to redesign America in such a way as to make it unrecognizable to prior generations. They seem to have animosity toward, even hatred of, the way the country is.

It seems the left has become more anti-American over the last few years. How do you feel?

Old 07-21-2014, 01:29 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
Maybe you mean Neoliberals or what we sometimes call "Neocons" in this country?

But yes, I agree these globalists do not have the nation's best interest at heart.

People like George W Bush, Dick Cheney, Milton Friedman, Donald Rumsfield, Henry Kissinger, Richard Perle, Paul Wolfowitz, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, Alan Greenspan, Ben Bernanke, John McCain, John Kerry, etc.

They are all nothing but establishment Puppets for global banks and Multi-National corporations that have turned our nation into a shell. Some say we really haven't had a true President since JFK.

Old 07-21-2014, 01:32 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,893,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post

But yes, I agree these globalists do not have the nation's best interest at heart.

People like George W Bush, Dick Cheney, Milton Friedman, Donald Rumsfield, Richard Perle, Paul Wolfowitz, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, Alan Greenspan, Ben Bernanke, John McCain, John Kerry, etc.

They are nothing but establishment Puppets for global banks and Multi-National corporations that have turned our nation into a shell.

^^^^

Old 07-21-2014, 01:35 PM

1,871 posts, read 4,266,503 times
You're regarding an entire group of people (Liberals & Democrats) and seem to think they all have exactly the same beliefs. Among people who might identify that way, there are those with a wide range of perspectives and some of them are pretty close to conservative beliefs.

I think its plainly obvious that there are aspects of this country that both liberals and conservatives do not like. That doesn't make them "unpatriotic". They disagree on what the issues are and how to deal with them -- but don't subscribe to lazy thinking. This country has *always* changed. We aren't 13 colonies anymore and firing muskets are we? Generally, I think its getting better in many ways.

Old 07-21-2014, 01:35 PM

792 posts, read 634,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
I'm 28 and many of my family members were Democrats, but these were mostly older Democrats, many of whom were veterans. Most were Democrats because the Democrats were for the "little guy," and I always thought they generally had the nation's best interests at heart.

Today I see many Democrats who seem to want to redesign America in such a way as to make it unrecognizable to prior generations. They seem to have animosity toward, even hatred of, the way the country is.

It seems the left has become more anti-American over the last few years. How do you feel?
Sorry for realizing that America has problems we should try to fix? Sorry that just because it's old, doesn't mean it's perfect to me? I'm sick of people claiming tradition is better than change. I guess I hate America.

Old 07-21-2014, 01:36 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post

People like George W Bush, Dick Cheney, Milton Friedman, Donald Rumsfield, Henry Kissinger, Richard Perle, Paul Wolfowitz, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, Alan Greenspan, Ben Bernanke, John McCain, John Kerry, etc.

They are all nothing but establishment Puppets for global banks and Multi-National corporations that have turned our nation into a shell. Some say we really haven't had a true President since JFK.
What? You guys elected them. Don't blame the banks. Blame the people who aren't holding their elected officials accountable.

Old 07-21-2014, 01:38 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,645,402 times
Yeah, you guys are always questioning our patriotism while going to war at every opportunity and favoring corporations over (actual) people. Nothing new here.

Old 07-21-2014, 01:40 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times
Quote:
I question the patriotism of liberals and Democrats.
I question your patriotism when you demonize half the country as "unpatriotic".

Old 07-21-2014, 01:42 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,958,755 times
Quote:

A person who fallacy, begging the question, a strawman, and concern trolling. That is impressive. This certainly isn't your first rodeo is it?

Old 07-21-2014, 01:43 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,526,388 times
Quote:
I'm independent, but yes, this is the reason (the working class) most of my votes have gone to Democrats.

Quote:
Would you elaborate on "redesign" and "unrecognizable," please.

Quote:
I feel that no one nor any group has a right to define what is and what isn't American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies