Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 02:38 PM

33,560 posts, read 37,160,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Why would the ice caps melt when in all likelihood, we're starting to cool?
Where did you read that earth is starting to cool? June 2014 was Earth’s warmest on record as ocean temperatures surged

Old 07-21-2014, 02:39 PM

23,571 posts, read 17,245,407 times
The land is rising in some places and other places the water level is rising. How do you differentiate the difference between human caused global warming impact and the natural movement of tectonic plates?

You might need the boat in 2000 years, so go ahead and get rid of that suv. Be sure to remove the obama sticker before you try to sell it.

Old 07-21-2014, 03:57 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Where on earth did you read that?
You don't remember reading about it?

Old 07-21-2014, 04:01 PM

24,422 posts, read 23,084,509 times
I want anybody who's a liberal and owns beach front property in NJ or Delaware to sell it to me at 5 cents on the dollar. If they believe in global warming then they believe their property will soon be underwater. Put up or shut up.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:17 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,983,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS39 View Post
Democrat policies will reduce energy consumption which will reduce greenhouse gasses

Which will allow more oxygen % and more cooling to keep ice frozen to keep sea level lower and protect our land
I hope you realize that plants (food crops) NEED carbon dioxide to grow. I wonder what the cutoff point is where the CO2 level gets low enough that crops don't grow well enough to feed the billions of people on this ball of dirt?

As for "public transportation", there are areas of this country, and other countries, where such transportation is non-existent or pretty much useless. Where is the money going to come from to make such transportation viable for everybody?

Electric vehicles? Do you know how many COAL FIRED power plants will be needed to furnish the power to recharge all those vehicles? Wind power won't do the job, I drove through two large "wind farms" last week, and in BOTH of them there was NOT ONE WINDMILL TURNING! What about the potential pollution from the manufacturing and recycling of all those batteries and the electrolyte? How will we get the money to fund highway construction and maintenance, when fuel tax revenues fall even further? Will we be forced to put transponders on our vehicles so we can be taxed per miles driven?

The Law of Unintended Consequences is an immutable law of the Universe. Be very careful what you wish for, you just might get it, and there is no guarantee you will like the end result!
Good luck.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
You don't remember reading about it?
No.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:22 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,597,807 times
GeoengineeringWatch.org

Old 07-21-2014, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I hope you realize that plants (food crops) NEED carbon dioxide to grow. I wonder what the cutoff point is where the CO2 level gets low enough that crops don't grow well enough to feed the billions of people on this ball of dirt?

As for "public transportation", there are areas of this country, and other countries, where such transportation is non-existent or pretty much useless. Where is the money going to come from to make such transportation viable for everybody?

Electric vehicles? Do you know how many COAL FIRED power plants will be needed to furnish the power to recharge all those vehicles? Wind power won't do the job, I drove through two large "wind farms" last week, and in BOTH of them there was NOT ONE WINDMILL TURNING! What about the potential pollution from the manufacturing and recycling of all those batteries and the electrolyte? How will we get the money to fund highway construction and maintenance, when fuel tax revenues fall even further? Will we be forced to put transponders on our vehicles so we can be taxed per miles driven?

The Law of Unintended Consequences is an immutable law of the Universe. Be very careful what you wish for, you just might get it, and there is no guarantee you will like the end result!
Good luck.
Climate change surprise: High carbon dioxide levels can retard plant growth, study reveals.... Climate change surprise: High carbon dioxide levels can retard plant growth, study reveals : 12/02

Old 07-21-2014, 04:24 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,794,799 times
Quote:
Where did you read that earth is starting to cool? June 2014 was Earth’s warmest on record as ocean temperatures surged
Not By Fire But By Ice by Robert Felix

Felix bases his theory on peer reviewed papers and mainstream sources.

Heard him on Coast to Coast, just before the alien abduction guest came on

Old 07-21-2014, 04:48 PM

7,360 posts, read 6,534,071 times
Quote:
Because I went straight to the source and saw that the temperature trend shows us at a peak and we will most likely begin declining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies