Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 07:44 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
I was Ron Paul supporter when he was a Libertarian. He lost me when he joined the Republican party.

It is all about the team, is it?

The individual has noting to bring to the table, regardless what label they may wear?

That is very ignorant and a perfect example of why this nation is swirling down the toilet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2014, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
What makes a 'successful policy', my rude friend, is getting a law passed. Dr. Paul sat on his cushiony job for term after term, acting the public scold, behaving like the meatgrinder of getting laws passed wasn't good enough for his pure little soul, and as a result got exactly one of his 'successful policies' written into law.

If he'd been a more effective Representative, maybe some of the things he's been dreaming about would have come to fruition. Instead, when he lost his Libertarian presidential run (just 5% of the electorate fell for his line), he scurried back to the warm nest of the GOP where he continued being utterly useless *and* drawing a federal salary for it.

Now *that's* incompetence...or maybe it's just hypocrisy. Only Dr. Paul knows for sure.

He would not have been re-elected so many times, if he didn't serve his constituents.
He must have been doing something right. He could run for his old seat in 2014 and get it right back, easy. Even at his age.

The national media cannot blackout his message in his district.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:10 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,180,605 times
BentBow, I love Ron Paul, & I appreciate my fellow Paul supporters.
What I read in these political forims though doen't surprise me.
People just don't get it.
I would love to take on these posters point by point but honestly-
Why should I?
The country is screwed-- thanks to the kind of people who are against Ron Paul.
So let's just sit back & watch it burn.
Our best chance was w/ Ron Paul

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-24-2014 at 11:20 AM.. Reason: hotlinking/copyright

Old 07-24-2014, 08:15 AM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
I love the " Ron Paul has accomplished nothing" line. As opposed to Obama who has screwed up everything he's done?

Old 07-24-2014, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I love the " Ron Paul has accomplished nothing" line. As opposed to Obama who has screwed up everything he's done?

Let's screw with freedom & liberty, constantly.
Then you have someone that comes along and says quit screwing with freedom & liberty and a complete media blackout ensues.....

The thing Ron Paul accomplished, is his vote never screwed with freedom & liberty.
Thank You Ron Paul for serving the people and trying to preserve freedom & liberty FOR ALL. Not just the chosen.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:21 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,936 times
Even if you overlook his repugnant stance on state's rights to openly discriminate against people, and his thoughts on the Gold Standard, it's hard to ignore that Paul is one of the biggest pork barrel ear-markers on Capitol Hill. The man is notorious for putting earmarks for his district in legislation and then voting against the overall bill.

He's not small government; he's a huckster who's made a gob of money playing libertarian. Malcontents and Rand loving undergraduates fall for it hook line and sinker.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:25 AM

11,790 posts, read 5,798,330 times
Well, I for one will be voting for him no matter what party he runs under. We need a change from both parties' views - which are really virtually the same end game but the way to the end game is different.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Even if you overlook his repugnant stance on state's rights to openly discriminate against people, and his thoughts on the Gold Standard, it's hard to ignore that Paul is one of the biggest pork barrel ear-markers on Capitol Hill. The man is notorious for putting earmarks for his district in legislation and then voting against the overall bill. He's not small government; he's a huckster who's made a gob of money playing libertarian.

Getting back the tax dollars, that his district has had taken from them, is a noble feat all in itself.
Isn't that what a rep is suppose to do? Not make law after law, restricting and flat out taking freedom & liberty.

On the state level, that is what district reps do. In Texas, they meet once every 2 years so they are not constantly f-ing up the freedoms & liberty of the constituents.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:29 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is all about the team, is it?

The individual has noting to bring to the table, regardless what label they may wear?

That is very ignorant and a perfect example of why this nation is swirling down the toilet.
What is highly ignorant is the mentality represented in your post. We are talking about politics, not a fan club.

Rather than vote on the ISSUES you encourage following the individual as if we are talking about the celebrities of Hollywood.

I vote on the ISSUES and whichever individual stands for the issues that I do gets my vote. Since Ron Paul abandoned his stance on issues that are critical to me, he will not get my vote.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:36 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,366,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The man the media blackout, so his message would not get out to the masses.
The man who's message is true.
The man that stands for liberty for all, not just the chosen few.

He is not looking so old and nutty now, is he.
Nope, still old and nutty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies