Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2014, 02:07 PM

409 posts, read 258,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
i never understood why white conservatives spent so much time concerned with black voting patterns. i could care less who anyone votes for.
Because its fascinating to see how easily the black population is manipulated into supporting and voting for the same failed policies and politicians time after time. If there is a majority black metro area in the country, its probably run by Democrats, and its probably a ****hole. Democrats have turned cities like New Orleans, Detroit, Baltimore, Philly, Oakland, you name it, into modern day urban wastelands, and whats the solution? Keep voting Democrat! As if something is going to magically change. Fascinating.

Old 07-25-2014, 02:11 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshGL View Post
Because its fascinating to see how easily the black population is manipulated into supporting and voting for the same failed policies and politicians time after time. If there is a majority black metro area in the country, its probably run by Democrats, and its probably a ****hole. Democrats have turned cities like New Orleans, Detroit, Baltimore, Philly, Oakland, you name it, into modern day urban wastelands, and whats the solution? Keep voting Democrat! As if something is going to magically change. Fascinating.
A little harsh, but... yeah.

They're fleeing now. To red states.

Old 07-25-2014, 02:13 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshGL View Post
Seattle, Boston, Minneapolis, Denver, Columbus(OH), all of those cities are run by Democrats, and they are not poorly run.

I can see that the problem is that many are mad that Republicans are losing and blame Blacks for it. I don't sense the least bit of concern for Blacks at all. If there were any concern, there would be people trying to work with Black people, actually listening to them.

I'll give you something else. Omaha is a Republican-run city. Blacks, who made up 12% of the population in Omaha, have among the highest Black murder rates in the nation, making Nebraska, a Republican, low employment state, #1 in the USA for Black murder rates. Blacks in Omaha are among the poorest in the USA. Black unemployment rates in Omaha, and Nebraska are 4 times that of Whites, even thought both places have among the lowest unemployment rates in the nation. Perhaps it has nothing to do with whom Blacks vote for.

Old 07-25-2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Seattle, Boston, Minneapolis, Denver, Columbus(OH), all of those cities are run by Democrats, and they are not poorly run.
So, why are Blacks fleeing, deliberately choosing to relocate in red states?

Old 07-25-2014, 02:20 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So, why are Blacks fleeing, deliberately choosing to relocate in red states?
You mean states that are coming very close to turning blue? Last time I checked, North Carolina voted for President Obama in 2008. Alot of Blacks moving to Virginia and Maryland. And those places voted for Obama in both 2008 and 2012. And why does it matter to you where they go? It is only the business of those who are moving. If you aren't the one moving, it isn't your issue.

Old 07-25-2014, 02:26 PM

Quote:
You mean states that are coming very close to turning blue? Last time I checked, North Carolina voted for President Obama in 2008.
You can try to avoid the obvious all you want. I'll stick with the liberal think tank demographer...
Quote:
"This is the decade of black flight," said Mr. Frey. "It’s a new age for African-Americans. It’s long overdue, but it seems to be happening."

"...younger and more educated black residents move out of declining cities in the Northeast and Midwest in search of better opportunities.

...Increasingly blacks are moving to places with small black populations. Just 2 percent of the black population growth in the last decade occurred in counties that have traditionally been black population centers, while 20 percent has occurred in counties where only a tiny fraction of the population had been black."
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/25/us...pagewanted=all

The younger and better educated Blacks don't want to be in the blue states, or in traditionally black neighborhoods. Deal with it.

Old 07-25-2014, 02:29 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,593,491 times
Quote:
Majority white.

Old 07-25-2014, 03:04 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,480,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
I never understood that either, but maybe a black conservative, you know, like the OP, may have a valid reason to be concerned. Maybe but he can't be black right? Not with that thought process....hmmm...this is so tough, I need to go back to watching MSNBC.
If you appreciate comedy, try Chris Matthews.

Old 07-25-2014, 03:04 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
My stake in it is the needlessly wasted human potential.

You really expect me to believe that?

Old 07-25-2014, 03:21 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,480,914 times
One thing is certain. The gap between the wealthy and the middle class has increased dramatically under Obama while the middle class has shrunk overall it is the Black middleclass that has shrunk most of all. The rich that donated to the Obama campaign fund have gotten much richer. Rising food prices and gasoline prices would have devastated the Black community were they not heavily invested in SNAP. SNAP and laziness has transformed this nation into an obese nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies