Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2014, 05:34 PM

73,102 posts, read 62,746,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; I DON'T agree there, def not 200 years in the future tho 20 years later most Black people voting Dem, that I'd believe.

Too, with more and more Black people marrying out, IMHO there won't be many "real" Black people left in 2214 in the US. Even in 2014 more and more quadroons and especially octoroons self ID as "anglo white" because MOST have white skin and many have light eyes.
Actually, 80% of Blacks marry within their own ethnicity. And the percentage of Blacks getting married to anyone is dropping.

Old 07-29-2014, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
No, that's not the point. She erroneously used statistics to try to fabricate a monolith that doesn't exist.

And, to be clear, white people don't care WHO you vote for either. The only concern we've shown is that the Democratic black monolith makes no sense whatsoever. WHO is irrelevant.
As I said in another post, if you do not care who Blacks vote for, it's useless to talk about it. If you are so concerned about the monolith, what are you going to do about it?

Old 07-29-2014, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Wrong. It is up to you to EARN their votes. Win them over. Stop whining about your inability to do so.
Yes it is. If someone does not care about a certain demographic, one should not complain when the demographic does not vote for their interests.

Old 07-29-2014, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Census data. You could contact the person named in the article to ask:

Yes. The top 3 metropolitan areas in Black population growth are in red states.

Not sure why you think the U.S. Census and the liberal think tank demography expert, Dr. Frey, are wrong. What exactly are your credentials to challenge them? Do you have a PhD in Sociology?

http://www.brookings.edu/~/media/exp...w/freyw_cv.pdf
That isn't the point. Blacks aren't just moving to red states. They are moving to blue states too. And something else. Fulton County(Atlanta), DeKalb County(Atlanta area), Harris County(Houston), Dallas County(Dallas,TX), all of blue counties within red states. Philadelphia area is mainly blue, located within blue states. DC areas is basically blue, both VA and MD. Florida is a blue states and Miami is a blue region. Minnesota is a blue state as well.

Old 07-29-2014, 06:10 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,258,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJudge View Post
Uhh, yes your ancestors were immigrants. Unless you're native American? As I was saying, you'll just have to get used to the new arrivals.
I'm not the descendant of immigrants nor am I an Indian.

And I don't care about new arrivals. Bring in as many as you want. Ain't slowing my roll.

Old 07-29-2014, 06:25 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,599,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Take what from you?

You don't have anything worth taking.

The Federales disagree and insist I owe them 28% of my gross income.

I prefer your assessment honestly.

Old 07-29-2014, 06:26 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,234,722 times
Here is what I think will probably happen. The demographics are clearly changing and with another big push for immigration reform plus the possible legalization of kids coming over the border in a matter of time Hispanics will gain more and more political power. As a minority group themselves they will feel in no way obligated to give minority status to blacks or any other group. Their reasoning will be they haven't discriminated against anyone, didn't own slaves, etc. So any other minority group will be on their own. By their sheer nunbers they will dominate politically and culturally.

Old 07-29-2014, 06:34 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,599,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not. All this really shows is a kind of weakness. If you, by your own admission, are a racist and despise Black people, why do you want a Black President so badly?

Because quite simply, I believe that the United States in it's current deracinated and indebted form is terminally ill with one foot in the grave.

In order for something more conducive to the intended principles America was founded on to flourish once again the current system must collapse to make room. Fortunately this is inevitable due to inertia.

My money is on a "Western educated" African from the deepest Congo who will do muti killings on the South Lawn to help relieve Western droughts.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 07-29-2014 at 08:19 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate

Old 07-29-2014, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
The Federales disagree and insist I owe them 28% of my gross income.

I prefer your assessment honestly.
The "federales" as you call them will take anything. Everyone has to pay taxes. My father pays them, my neighbors(Black and White) pay them. It is what it is.

As for how this relates to voting, Black people are going to vote for whom they feel is the lesser of two evils, since neither party is that impressive anymore. It is none of your business. If you feel it is your business, then what do you propose to do about it?

Old 07-29-2014, 07:03 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,994,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
. WHO is irrelevant.

Mitt Romney, Election Day 2012

John McCain, Election Day 2008

As the smallest voting group, behind independents and registered Democrats, the GOP will never win POTUS until they form a big tent coalition.

Mittens won the same % of white voters as Reagan 1984, and Mittens was done before the 10 o'clock news election night. That was not his fault alone, it has been a party wide effort which has alienated all except Dixie and the more bison, than people Great Plains. That falls several dozen ECs shy of the Oval Office, at best!

Bush won solely by winning far larger percentages of the non-white vote. He understood the math-2.4 million additional non-white voters every 4 years. That means, if demographics of voting stay stabile, the 2016 GOP nominee will wish for a voting population as friendly to the GOP as Mittens experienced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies