Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2014, 06:39 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,156,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Exactly. The more educated are moving to red states, and increasingly avoiding traditionally Black population centers.
I wouldn't necessarily say that. I think young black professionals, just like most races, move to urban centers where there's career opportunities. Most urban centers are blue. And I'm not partisan and have no tie to either party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I wonder how much of this trend can be attributed to blacks who were educated at predominately or historically black colleges ,which are mostly in the south, seeking to return to " black intellectual centers." Perhaps in the post Harlem Renaissance era New York and Chicago have lost its attraction for black intellectuals.
I think Chicago is still a great city for young black professionals. Have heard about NY drying up as far as opportunity goes.

There are small movements starting to form for a new black culture and a break away from the old.

Old 07-26-2014, 06:42 PM

89,366 posts, read 45,091,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I wouldn't necessarily say that.
Of course you wouldn't. That's why the liberal think tank demographer and the NY Times did.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/25/us...pagewanted=all

Old 07-26-2014, 07:32 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,485,729 times
Quote:
Good. The 2nd Amendment gives us all the right to do so!
Yes, and I've used one before, even earned sharpshooter medal.

Old 07-26-2014, 08:18 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,150,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
So why are you dismissing comments by race and politcal affiliation and making the same broadscale assumptions that you pretend to invalidate

"You folks" really?

Divide and conquer is the trademark of the obama administration. The dems own the copyright to divide and conquer strategy.

Tough to take any constituency seriously when their elected representatives think, Guam will tip over if too many soldiers land on one side. And when you challenge the solvency of freddie and fannie another people's representative charges you with racism.

The dems will have too many victims to satisfy and eventually run out of other people's money.
Because I can!!! Other people's money this and other people's money that! If you're not a top earner (and there's a 99.999% chance you're not) your money isn't being spent in-proportionately...

Old 07-26-2014, 08:44 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,750,442 times
Quote:
You seem to be on the wrong side of that issue. Younger and more educated Blacks are moving to red states.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/25/us...pagewanted=all

The younger and better educated Blacks don't want to be in the blue states, or in traditionally black neighborhoods.
People moving up the economic scale move up the economic scale in all ways: clothes, houses, food, etc. That has absolutely nothing at all to do with race, religion, or culture. I think you're quite confused.

Old 07-26-2014, 10:27 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,582,787 times
No one has 'screwed up Obama's Presidency' except for Obama and his followers; this African-American baby-boomer knew he would be a disaster due to his non-existent resume, and there's no doubt that such is the truth.

A 'community organizer' divides people deliberately, and no President in my lifetime has done so until Obama came along.

He's already clinched the title as the worst President ever, and I don't see another African-American being elected President for years to come, if ever, since he's definitely poisoned the well for any prospective men of color to run for the White House, if for no other reason than for his penchant for lying and inability to get along with anyone from the GOP, something that JFK, LBJ or Clinton never had a problem with during their stints in the White House.

A free pass from a blatantly dishonest liberal press hasn't helped either, although no one should have expected CBS to do anything but protect him since one of his advisers is the brother of the President of CBS News.

Old 07-26-2014, 10:56 PM

12,688 posts, read 6,760,826 times
Quote:
Has the Black Population Made Itself Politically Irrelevant?
To some extent I see your point. No demographic is irrelevant. That's absurd! But since blacks vote Dem 99.9% of the time even when the Dems are not doing a damn thing for them, that does make a difference. Rather than encouraging the Republicans to compete for their vote, they just vote D every time. Since the GOP has absolutely no reason to give a crap about blacks, they probably won't. And the Dems don't have to try very hard to keep the black vote, so they will continue to not try very hard. So while no demographic is irrelevant, I do see your point. Blacks have made their vote vastly less powerful than it otherwise could be.

Old 07-26-2014, 11:02 PM

73,184 posts, read 62,867,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
No one has 'screwed up Obama's Presidency' except for Obama and his followers; this African-American baby-boomer knew he would be a disaster due to his non-existent resume, and there's no doubt that such is the truth.

A 'community organizer' divides people deliberately, and no President in my lifetime has done so until Obama came along.

He's already clinched the title as the worst President ever, and I don't see another African-American being elected President for years to come, if ever, since he's definitely poisoned the well for any prospective men of color to run for the White House, if for no other reason than for his penchant for lying and inability to get along with anyone from the GOP, something that JFK, LBJ or Clinton never had a problem with during their stints in the White House.

A free pass from a blatantly dishonest liberal press hasn't helped either, although no one should have expected CBS to do anything but protect him since one of his advisers is the brother of the President of CBS News.
Alot of people didn't want to see a Black man become President of the USA anyway, so it really doesn't matter. Call me cynical, but it is what it is.

As much as you didn't like him, I really do not believe anyone else would have done a good job. So many people are out for self. Everything is "either you're with me or against me". That is what it is these days.

Old 07-26-2014, 11:03 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,750,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
But since blacks vote Dem 99.9% of the time even when the Dems are not doing a damn thing for them, that does make a difference. Rather than encouraging the Republicans to compete for their vote, they just vote D every time.
Hmmm... if I remember correctly, the U.S. has a black president, something which is greatly upsetting to Republicans.

Old 07-26-2014, 11:05 PM

73,184 posts, read 62,867,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
To some extent I see your point. No demographic is irrelevant. That's absurd! But since blacks vote Dem 99.9% of the time even when the Dems are not doing a damn thing for them, that does make a difference. Rather than encouraging the Republicans to compete for their vote, they just vote D every time. Since the GOP has absolutely no reason to give a crap about blacks, they probably won't. And the Dems don't have to try very hard to keep the black vote, so they will continue to not try very hard. So while no demographic is irrelevant, I do see your point. Blacks have made their vote vastly less powerful than it otherwise could be.
Until Republicans give Blacks a reason to vote for them, the same results will continue.

Please read: Want black votes, GOP? Listen to black voters - CNN.com

Quote:
If the GOP wants to learn how to communicate with minorities, it must listen to and work with the numerous minority Republicans who have been shouting this from the rooftop for years.

You want to hear evidence from a couple of white guys? Pick up the phone and call former U.S. Sen. George Voinovich of Ohio. He enjoyed sizable black support because when he was mayor of Cleveland, he didn't avoid minorities and treat them as outcasts. He sat down with them, shared their concerns, and worked on public policy -- together.

Give Mike Huckabee a ring. When he was governor of Arkansas, he earned a lot of black votes for the same reason as Voinovich. He has urged the GOP to reach out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies