Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 03:31 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Sure this guy saved lives but how many people will die this weekend because guns are so available?

Gun owners are selfish and rather see all these deaths than to do the right thing and part with their weapons to save lives!
How many people die because the don't have guns to defend themselves? Criminals will do what they do.............you want to take the RIGHT away of folks to defend themselves from these animals. Why you are so wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2014, 03:42 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quote:
Sure this guy saved lives but how many people will die this weekend because guns are so available?

Gun owners are selfish and rather see all these deaths than to do the right thing and part with their weapons to save lives!
A rather narrow view of reality to be sure. Why should people who have never broken the law be punished because a very few % wise do break laws?
Go after the criminals. Mandatory death penalty for any criminal who uses a gun, knife, blunt object or vehicle in the commission of a crime.
A PFA will get a persons firearms taken without even the benefit of a trial. Why do we not do the same with people under medical treatment for mental issues?
Why punish the vast majority because of the actions of the few? Keep in mind the majority of gun violence is committed by those who obtained said weapons illegally.

Old 07-25-2014, 04:07 PM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:

LOL..I needed a laugh, thank you!

Old 07-25-2014, 04:24 PM

30,263 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:

You want the gun owners to "part with their weapons to save lives". I think I see the mistake I have made all these years when I hear a liberal bleat this. I've always assumed, (shame on me), that you actually cared about the lives of innocent, but now I realize, when you say "save lives", you never do actually say WHICH lives you want saved.

If this doctor had "parted with his weapon", then do help me understand...which life in this situation would have been saved? The caseworker didn't have a gun, the lunatic who shot up the caseworker did have a gun...so you could say that the lunatic was a gun owner as well...

I'm really trying to understand the liberal mind: You want people to give up their guns to save lives.

If the lunatic had given up his gun, sure, the caseworker might still be alive today...that is, if the lunatic hadn't used another tool to kill. You do realize that by getting rid of all guns, it will just cause people to find alternatives. You do know that guns are not the only tools that kill, right? Should we ban power saws? Chain saws? Axes? Knives? How about ball point pens? All of those could kill, too. Throw some sand or salt in someone's eyes, blind them temporarily, stab them to death or cut them up...the end is the same: someone is dead.

If the doctor had given up his gun, the chances are high that more people would have been killed by the lunatic since I'm sure the doctor didn't have a concealed saw, or an axe. He might have had a concealed knife, we don't know. And I'm sure he could somehow sneak in some concealed salt...but, seeing as how the lunatic had a gun, I repeat, the lunatic had a gun, the lunatic....the lunatic....you know, the lunatic? Seeing as how the lunatic had a gun, and the good doctor also had a gun, less people were killed.

Even the police admitted that, and police these days don't seem to like to admit anything good about people:

Quote:
But Yeadon Police Chief Donald Molineux said that "without a doubt, I believe the doctor saved lives."

"Without that firearm, this guy (the patient) could have went out in the hallway and just walked down the offices until he ran out of ammunition," the chief said.
Hmm...see, I'm still not getting the point of your argument. This story is about how a doctor had a concealed weapon on him while at work, and because of that, he stopped a lunatic from shooting more people besides the caseworker. And your comment states that gun owners should "part with their" guns to save lives.

Show me the math in liberal world. What is the answer, and please, don't forget to show your work.

Old 07-25-2014, 04:34 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
the thing that really gets me, is that anti-gun nuts do not mind the police having firearms, when there is no provision for LEO's at all in the Constitution.
Constitution? What's that?

Old 07-25-2014, 04:35 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:
How would me parting with my guns save lives? I've owned at least one gun since I was 21 (I still have that first one, too), and no living thing has ever been hurt by any of my guns. Not even a tree. So I'm not sure that your logic is actually... logical.

Old 07-25-2014, 04:38 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
Not likely.
Anyone who has any training in self defense knows you don't shoot to wound.
It's hard enough in a life or death situation to shoot straight at the center of mass (chest)
Everything happens fast and you have to make split second decisions, it's not like being at the range where you have time to aim at a stationary target.

Life is not like the movies.
NNNOOOOOO really? i know what people are taught, been there done that many times over the years. but i also know that there are people that have the ability to pick up an unfamiliar firearm, and shoot it at a marksman level straight away, i know because i am one of those people.

i also know that when shooting at a moving target you dont always hit the point where you are aiming. and as i noted in an earlier post, he did what he was trying to do, stop the attack. the fact that the attacker was merely wounded is of no consequence because the attack ENDED.

Old 07-25-2014, 04:47 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,572,795 times
There's no common sense nowadays. How can adding more guns to a gun fight be a solution? This must be right wing nut jobs' imagination!

Old 07-25-2014, 05:56 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
There's no common sense nowadays. How can adding more guns to a gun fight be a solution? This must be right wing nut jobs' imagination!
really? it seems to me that GUN stopped a gun fight.

Old 07-25-2014, 06:32 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Yup. And let's not forget that this doctor was a psychiatrist, so I'm sure he's seen his share of crazies.

Despite the hospital's rule, I bet there are plenty of workers who are happy he was armed, especially in view of the fact that he'd already killed his case worker.

And to think this is Pennsylvania...so close to oppressive NY, yet with much less restrictive gun laws.
Glad it worked out but the last doctor you want to see carrying a gun is a psychiatrist, highest suicide rate of any profession, remember Hassan the shooter at Ft Hood was a psychiatrist. It worked out this time but certainly not to be expected in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies