Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 06:53 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,595,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So you think children should starve in this country?
Can't feed them? Don't breed them.

I have extended family who moved to Maine, they say damn near everyone is on welfare and cheating that system is basically a way of life.

Old 07-26-2014, 07:29 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
If I'm reading the data correctly, Maine spends (2014) as much as Nebraska on welfare overall ($1.2 billion), yet Maine has 1.329 million people (2012) and Nebraska has 1.856 million people (2012). My thinking is the decision might be based on state revenue.

Compare States Welfare Spending for 2014 - Charts

Old 07-26-2014, 07:37 AM

3 posts, read 2,449 times
Quote:
I don't think that children should starve and yes circumstances do change. Accountibility is the answer. If you know that you can not afford children, why start a family before you can afford one?

Old 07-26-2014, 08:00 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
I don't see anything wrong with making people earn their welfare\food stamps. have them clean up trash along roads and empty lots.

Old 07-26-2014, 08:05 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
When your kid is starving, you are less likely to breed another.
So you're advocating letting kids go hungry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Does it really matter? I mean think about it? A person doesn't get more then 189.00 mth per person, it doesn't matter if he is buying rice or steak. What it sounds like to me and i don't mean to offend but it sounds like you want to punish those who are on foodstamps? Have you forgotten that most of these people have paid for the foodstamps already buy paying taxes etc.
That's long been my feeling; when the stamps are gone, they're gone. I have no problem with people spending their food stamps on quality meats, other sources of protein and produce.

Old 07-26-2014, 08:06 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,742,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1620 View Post
I don't think that children should starve and yes circumstances do change. Accountibility is the answer. If you know that you can not afford children, why start a family before you can afford one?
There are many people who were working & had children when the economy was fine that had their circumstances drastically changed. If they lost their jobs & have since found work it is most likely part time for much less money & no benefits. That is the new normal for millions. We can thank some of those corporations that hire workers that are making so little money they qualify for food help. As Forrest Gump said " **** happens".

Old 07-26-2014, 09:08 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bafbjian View Post
To have children you can't afford to support is the most "selfish, self-centered, irresponsible, and cruel thing people can do. So don't bother with your hiding behind the children defense. Man-up!

Maybe if momma and papa had to work they wouldn't have so much time to make more babies.

Old 07-26-2014, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
So you're advocating letting kids go hungry?

That's long been my feeling; when the stamps are gone, they're gone. I have no problem with people spending their food stamps on quality meats, other sources of protein and produce.
People on food stamps shouldn't know what a steak tastes like period.

Old 07-26-2014, 09:16 AM

Gotta love how the left claims to hate banks but look who is making mega money on welfare (courtesy of Obama).

The nation’s biggest banks benefit. Which company administers nearly half of all states’ EBT programs? You guessed it: JP Morgan Chase. Each month, companies that administer EBT receive a fee that can range from $.31 to $2.30 (or higher state contractual requirements) for each SNAP recipient.

EBT processors charge (Banks) for other services as well. For example, any time TANF recipients withdraw their cash benefits or make balance inquiries through out-of-network ATM machines, the user may incur ATM transaction fees generally ranging from $.75 to $1.50.

jp-morgan-s-food-stamp-empire.html

Everyone is making money while the tax payer is paying the bill (getting screwed).

Last edited by petch751; 07-26-2014 at 09:26 AM..

Old 07-26-2014, 09:54 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,756,825 times
Doesnt anyone recognise that people who are on foodstamps before or while getting foodstamps they must of paid taxes that paid for the foodstamp program? So basically they have earned the right to use it. Its not a free handout. So why do they have to work for foodstamps? Sounds like someone just wants to create a cheap workforce. Uhmmm 20hrs a week work for $189 max mth for foodstamps that there taxes already paid for?

The flaw with the poor are morally corrupt(lazy and don't want to work) is we ignore the fact that even if everyone tomorrow decided "I want to work or get a job" There are not enough jobs out there for everyone. Thats why we have about 20+ million people unemployed in our country.

The solution is simple, every generation there is more people competing for the same resources. Its crazy to think we can have the same type of the american dream as earlier generations had. Too many people. Everyone has got to learn to live with less, not the less learn to live with even less lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies