Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 12:58 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Hamas is not the same as Hezbollah.

Why don't you go to a non-American new source on the internet and get news that isn't biased by the American media. Hamas is certainly attempting to negotiate. It has been far more willing to compromise than Israel has.

Israel is escalating this situation, and today Netanyahu said that Israel is going to be even stepping up its attack on Gaza. Expect far more civilian deaths and casualties.
Hamas will only negotiate to restock their weapons. History has told us that. Arafat tried to negotiate and he was poisoned.

I am surprised that Israel hasn't done this earlier.

I get my news from all sources.

I have lived in Israel.

Have you. The country is in a perpetual state of war.

Arabs have sworn to destroy Israel.

Old 07-28-2014, 01:00 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Oh good grief, none of them are ever going to live in peace, not one of them. Tey have been fighting for thousands of years and they will be fighting for another thousand if they are around to continue to do it. Let them have it, jeeeez, have you guys seen what they are fighting over, you could not give away much of the ME much less sell it and they are willing to fight to the death over it, maybe that is the effect of getting far too much Sun.

But you and every other U.S. taxpayer are the ones paying for it: over $ 3 billion in military aide to Israel a year, every year, plus several hundred million for special military projects. So, let them fight it out, but you're paying for it.

Old 07-28-2014, 01:00 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,567 times
Quote:

Why don't you go to a non-American new source on the internet and get news that isn't biased by the American media. Hamas is certainly attempting to negotiate. It has been far more willing to compromise than Israel has.

Israel is escalating this situation, and today Netanyahu said that Israel is going to be even stepping up its attack on Gaza. Expect far more civilian deaths and casualties.
Hamas is a terrorist group. Period.

Old 07-28-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Hamas will only negotiate to restock their weapons. History has told us that. Arafat tried to negotiate and he was poisoned.

I am surprised that Israel hasn't done this earlier.

I get my news from all sources.

I have lived in Israel.

Have you. The country is in a perpetual state of war.

Arabs have sworn to destroy Israel.
Extremist Arabs have sworn to destroy Israel, not the moderate Arabs.

Extremism, whether Israeli, Palestinian, or American is the enemy here.

Old 07-28-2014, 01:03 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
The six day war. Israel kicked their ---es. They still remember.
Yet it still goes on. Like I said, I believe too many on both sides wish it to be that way. War may be hell but for some it's a profitable hell.

Old 07-28-2014, 01:03 PM

Okay, 4 civilian Israeli kibbutz members near the border have been killed.

So that brings the Israeli civilian death toll to around 6 or 7. Oh, and 1048 Palestinians killed, mostly civilians and children. And this seems fair to some of you? Are you crazy? bloodthirsty? killers? Or do you just support the crazy bloodthirsty nation of Israel in your hearts, don't forget your wallets.

Old 07-28-2014, 01:07 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:
Hamas' charter is to destroy Israel. Full-stop. Period.

The have spent billions of dollars in foreign aid, not to build schools, not to build tourist attractions, not to build industry, not to do anything whatsoever for the Palestinians on what? They spent that money on building rockets and tunnels from homes in Gaza into Israel so they could finally finish Israel off for good, once and for all. All while the Palestinians live in abject poverty. And yet, there are 600 new Hamas millionaires living in Gaza alone. Got that? 600 HAMAS MILLIONAIRES, while Gazan's are being starved and used as human shields.

Hamas doesn't care a whit about the Palestinians, and if you support Hamas, neither do you.

Old 07-28-2014, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Hamas is a terrorist group. Period.
How do you know that? With the spoon-fed American propaganda (a.k.a. news media)?

Hamas has a military division and also has an extremist wing. Hamas is a political party voted into power democratically by the people of Gaza. Like any government it supplies social services, medical services, and other support to the people of Gaza. Hamas is trying to stand up for the rights of the Palestinians in the face of an over-whelmingly more powerful, vicious, blood-thirsty, vengeful neighbour, a neighbor that doesn't just talk about vanquishing the other side, but is actually committing the war crimes and actions to do so.

Old 07-28-2014, 01:11 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Yet it still goes on. Like I said, I believe too many on both sides wish it to be that way. War may be hell but for some it's a profitable hell.
Agreed. Unfortunately, someday, it will go over the line. And then all of us will be involved whether we wanted to be or not.

Old 07-28-2014, 01:15 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Agreed. Unfortunately, someday, it will go over the line. And then all of us will be involved whether we wanted to be or not.
What line would that be? As long as it bolsters their own bottom line I don't believe those in control are going to violate any other lines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies