Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 06:54 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Obama is a product of this liberal umbrella that has been created through the sacrifice and blood of much better men than he'll ever be. He should have been at best a mid level bureaucrat in some guvmint agency.
He was selected by a bunch of white supremacists in Stockholm Sweden to forward their agenda.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 08-03-2014 at 07:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2014, 07:42 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Today I saw a petition to get someone to run in 2016, looked up their background on Wikipedia, and saw they never ran anything in their life and they are not young. Now, I know voters can get carried away with promises from an inexperienced candidate but why would someone who deliberately chose a career path of non-leadership (analyst, consultant, legislator, lawyer, professor, etc.) think that they can just step into the White House and run a country and it's military?

Obviously, you don't actually know what's in a person's head who does this so it's a guess but why do you think, they think they can do it successfully?

we have had 6 years of this very thing
and if you are talking about Ben Carson
I agree
he like Obama made a speech and that is all it took!!
I do not want a personality for president
and especially now with as much problems as we have we NEED someone who can make a difference
I like Jindal
he has turned his state around
but people go loopy and then we loose or they buy into the BS and we get Obama!!!

Old 08-03-2014, 07:51 AM

921 posts, read 1,132,322 times
The same way people who never raised anything in their lives have their first kids. They'll either be good or bad parents, just like the candidate will turn out to be either a good or bad president!

Old 08-03-2014, 10:17 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
we have had 6 years of this very thing
and if you are talking about Ben Carson
I agree
he like Obama made a speech and that is all it took!!
I do not want a personality for president
and especially now with as much problems as we have we NEED someone who can make a difference
I like Jindal
he has turned his state around
but people go loopy and then we loose or they buy into the BS and we get Obama!!!
It wasn't anyone you mentioned. It was the first time I ever read anything about this person possibly being a candidate in 2016 or any other year, for that matter. I happen to like this person. I just don't think he has the right experience.

Old 08-03-2014, 10:38 AM

1,695 posts, read 3,045,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Who in their right mind would run???

To have the press go though their trash cans???

The husband/wife run though the mill???

People interviewing their hair stylists????
And therein lies the problem with our Country today.
No one good is going to want to run because of the above.

Old 08-03-2014, 10:49 AM

4,512 posts, read 5,054,158 times
Why Does a Person Who Has Never Run Anything In Their Life, Think They Can Be President?

Because that's the only job they are qualified for !

Same as politicians that have never had a job, think they know how to spend your money better than you do !

Old 08-03-2014, 10:54 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
An whether or not he is a good president is an opinion, not a fact.
Always, ALWAYS remember that you wrote that. FOREVER. You've posted a LOT of stuff that contradicts what you wrote above, so from now on, REMEMBER YOU WROTE THAT.

Old 08-03-2014, 11:53 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Common sense and good character mixed with ethics goes a long way in being president. Obama possesses none of those qualities... just the opposite.

Old 08-03-2014, 12:19 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
The last guy in office had run plenty of things. We were left with a near collapse of the global economy, 2 wars and trillions of dollars of new debt. You might want to pull your head out of that hole in the ground and come up with an argument that you can actually defend.
Yes but he ran those things badly, even though he was able to use family connections and family money (as well as bin Laden money). And yet they let him run the country--right into a ditch. His father ran the CIA, but could not run the country. Romney the "businessman" ran a state so badly that he could not get its support for his presidency. Then there was the Alaskan mayor who couldn't run a state or a campaign, but thought she should be VP? For that matter what has McCain run other than for office?

The point of this thread is not about having experience running something--it is about hating Obama in a million different ways. It is about an obsession with hating him. Many of these people appear to be certifiable--they do not discuss or debate--they just write a string of insults with nothing substantial to back it up. Notice how it starts "Why does a person..." and then quickly degenerates into another Obama-bashing thread (surprise!). You would think people have no rational basis for judgment--just a lot of their own obsessively biased opinions.

Old 08-04-2014, 09:17 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,568,977 times
The 'common sense' train bypassed the Democratic party decades ago; any party which actually believes that higher tax rates guarantees more revenue is pretty ignorant and obviously flunked 10th grade economics., only to learn even more economic lies at any given liberal university where policies of J M Keynes rule the day without dissent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies