Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 09:09 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachgns View Post
So in your world, SS, Medicare, Veteran's Benefits, are considered WELFARE?
Tell that to some Vet whose leg was blown off in Afghanistan, or siffered severe brain trauma in Iraq. See how they feel about you calling their benefits "welfare." You may want to be sure that person is not carrying before you tell them they're on welfare.
Do I need to show you how to use a dictionary?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2014, 09:12 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
This should be real interesting.

Since you all mock Dependency on Government: "Culture of dependency?"..Oh you mean like Big Oil, Corporations, Military Industrial Complex, Israel,.. You do know that they receive much more "assistance" or as you like to say "dependency" from American tax dollars (your tax dollars) than any American citizen does.....So riddle me again about this "culture of dependency" you are so against??
Yawn ... cliche ... are you saying the liberal left has NEVER engaged in crony capitalism. Let alone all the AGW crap that the liberal left influences Government to fund ...

Old 08-02-2014, 10:06 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,408,767 times
Quote:

Since you all mock Dependency on Government: "Culture of dependency?"..Oh you mean like Big Oil, Corporations, Military Industrial Complex, Israel,.. You do know that they receive much more "assistance" or as you like to say "dependency" from American tax dollars (your tax dollars) than any American citizen does.....So riddle me again about this "culture of dependency" you are so against??
I really do not know the real purpose of this thread, you basically wonder why Republicans don't be non-hypocrites and follow the Tea Party, because, around here, the Tea Party is totally against the "assistance" you properly decry. If you really believe in the content your post, the Tea Party welcomes you, and hopes you will help us prevail over the evil Dems and Repubs who support this inappropriate corporate assistance.

Old 08-03-2014, 12:00 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,755,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Its both theft, and theft can not be tolerated.
Good so when are you going to stop it? Ive seen cuts in welfare to the poor, seen reform in poor welfare. But for the life of me, i haven't seen one cut to corporate welfare, infact ive seen an increase in funding of corporate welfare. So where is the selfrightious anger of they are stealing your money out of your pockets. Maybe if you yell and scream for 24hrs a day about the poor lazy deadbeats maybe we wont notice the increase in corporate welfare? Is that the plan?

Old 08-03-2014, 12:04 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Corporations that benefit from welfare produce jobs.

Women paid to birth bastards produce kids who rape, rob and kill.

Corporate welfare is the lesser evil.

Old 08-03-2014, 12:05 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
I really do not know the real purpose of this thread, you basically wonder why Republicans don't be non-hypocrites and follow the Tea Party, because, around here, the Tea Party is totally against the "assistance" you properly decry. If you really believe in the content of your post, the Tea Party welcomes you, and hopes you will help us prevail over the evil Dems and Repubs who support this inappropriate corporate assistance.
He doesn't. He's just doing the internet equivalent of enjoying the sound of his own voice.

Old 08-03-2014, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Sixty-six percent of the federal budget goes to welfare. That's note saying that, that's the liberal CBPP. That's SS, Medicare (Medicaid & CHIP), "Safety Net Programs" and benefits for federal retirees and veterans.

The federal budget for FY 2013 was $3.5 trillion. For the mathematically challenged that's $2.31 trillion every year for the welfare state.

Now it's your turn to put a number on your claim.
The total Safety net programs was about 12 percent of the federal budget in 2013. SS is paid into by the persons retiring. Vet benefits are earned by serving and protecting our country. Which i might add our armed services are mostly made up by the poor in this country, Not the rich or upper middle class.

Also Corporate Tax Breaks Cost U.S. Government $180 Billion Plus Per Year not to mention all the other handouts.

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 08-03-2014 at 12:32 AM..

Old 08-03-2014, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post

You tell me how the corporations are creating jobs in america? Last i checked we have the lowest min wage in history, the most people on welfare. But for some reason corporate america can almost get away with paying no taxes. Has the highest corporate welfare spending going to them but has had the highest recorded profits in the trillions the last few years. No they are not creating jobs. They are shipping jobs out to make even more profit and sitting on there wealth. We are subsidising this.

Old 08-03-2014, 12:56 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,417,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post

Right-wing conservatism is the joke that keeps on giving.

Old 08-03-2014, 02:40 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:

I'm against all money going to foreign countries including Israel. I think we can cut military spending by 40-50% and we need to remove our troops from all other countries. I was against trillions going to bail out the Wall Street bankers and Obama's friends. Not sure about where tax dollars are going to "Big Oil" but I'm against it except that I realize we need energy and funding to ensure we have energy production of all types is probably a necessity.

I'm also against encouraging people to not work by paying them to do nothing. Mostly I'm against spending more than we are taking in as this is leading us to the path of the Argentinians....Balanced Budget Amendment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies