Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 01:57 PM

520 posts, read 776,295 times

Advertisements

This is getting ridiculous.

Since the unfortunate events in Ferguson, it seems like everyday there is a news story with the exact same theme: Black male shot/tased/pepper sprayed by police. Some of these incidents absolutely do require scrutiny to make sure that the police didn't overstep their bounds.

However, there is an important conversation that no one in the black community seems to be having. Every incident that I have read about would have been avoided if the person who got shot/tased/pepper sprayed would have cooperated with the police.

Whether you love them or hate them, in our civil society, police officers are authority figures. When a police officer tells you to stop, you have to stop. If they tell you to put your hands up and you fail to do so, it is at your own peril.

Why aren't the so called "leaders" in the black community talking about this? Al Sharpton will do a triple back flip across traffic to get in front of a TV camera. If he really cared about black kids, he would tell them not to fight with the police so they can live. Unfortunately, he is a narcissistic charlatan that does nothing but perpetuate problems and make money for himself. Who else is there?

The president is in a unique position to communicate positive messages to black youth. He doesn't. While he hasn't been afraid to weigh in on issues of race, he always says things like:

"The Cambridge Police acted stupidly." (referring to the arrest of his buddy Skip Gates, an Afi who did not cooperate with the police when they were trying to protect HIS property)

"If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon"

The same can be said of Eric Holder. He went to Ferguson to calm things down and shared stories of when HE was allegedly targeted by the police because of race. How does this help?

Please tell me, am I missing something? There are plenty of African-Americans in high profile positions. They could use there visibility to SAVE THE LVIES of black youths. How about doing PSAs about not fighting with cops and/or doing other things that can get you killed. Do none of them care? Do they really believe that none of these kids are at all to blame?

Old 10-09-2014, 02:02 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,912,044 times
Quote:
Please tell me, am I missing something? There are plenty of African-Americans in high profile positions. They could use there visibility to SAVE THE LVIES of black youths. How about doing PSAs about not fighting with cops and/or doing other things that can get you killed. Do none of them care? Do they really believe that none of these kids are at all to blame?
We don't need "leaders" anymore. We need some blacks to take responsibility.

And we also don't need threads and posts like this bitching about what the black community does or doesn't do with little need from those who are NOT black and not going to do anything about it...

Old 10-09-2014, 02:09 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
We don't need "leaders" anymore. We need some blacks to take responsibility.

And we also don't need threads and posts like this bitching about what the black community does or doesn't do with little need from those who are NOT black and not going to do anything about it...
Fair enough. Then please DON'T try to come down on "non Black" people who DO try to help even the hood rats go straight but some fools yell "racism" because they see "taking care of business as acting white".

Old 10-09-2014, 02:10 PM

671 posts, read 890,977 times
First off the black community has a lot of great leaders but the news outlets and the media rather like the Sharptons and the Jacksons....They give them the lead stories so someone best ask why the liberal media is so fond of pushing them as leaders...
As for the cops apparently the same media people have an eye out for any shortcomings they have and ignore the 99.9% of excellent service.....There is an agenda not confined to the black community,,rather driven by outside interest and agitators......
But of course the media will never report on their own sins,,if there isn't a good story,make one seems to be their motto.......As for the police attitudes....
Police departments are not secular,they do the bidding of the political jurisdiction they reside under....Point your finger where the problems come from...
Opine from a PA white assed old man.....

Old 10-09-2014, 02:11 PM
JJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Then please DON'T try to come down on "non Black" people who DO try to help even the hood rats go straight but some fools yell "racism" because they see "taking care of business as acting white".
Only idiots associate positives with whites only and negatives with blacks only, regardless of what race.

I stand by what I say since I see much more criticism than actual helpful imput from the "non-black" crowd... ESPECIALLY on this site.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:12 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,352,878 times
I think it is simple......just do not have police in black areas.

Let them do what they want.

It works well where I live.

We just have to go to the county to have insurance forms filled out......but, we do not bother the cops.......they do not bother us.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:12 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,536,798 times
Who cares, stay in your lane.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:21 PM

1,167 posts, read 2,170,936 times
Seriously. We also need to tell these women to stop being raped.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:21 PM
JJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I think it is simple......just do not have police in black areas.

Let them do what they want.
If we're going to do that, then we need to do that for ALL areas.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:23 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,681,864 times
You can lead a horse to water.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies