Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 12:03 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,939,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I must say, with the conduct of the Obama administration, the NSA, the IRS, the militarization of every law enforcement department from the BATFE down to state police, etc etc, I laughed out loud at the irony in this thread.
Oh well. At least the Democrats will inherit the Earth.
Yes, the "irony" of all these initiatives (similar to Homeland Security) actually coming from the right-wing playlist, and straight out of the right-wing mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Seems to me that the "left" talks about it so much because deep down they want to see it happen because they do understand the damage Obama has done to the (D) party.
We will see the awful "damage" in 2016, won't we. What a sorry screwed-up and desperate party the repubs have become. They gerrymander, cheat, engage in dirty tricks, and still must fear for their political lives with more dumb propaganda like the topic of this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Liberals are long on rhetoric and short on facts. This thread is more proof of that.
A RW thread is always "proof" of the opposite, and most people know it. Seriously.
Bachmann ain't the only one doing this. Don't depend on the "mainstream media" to expose the irony either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Why do RWNJs insist on posting and reposting the same thread over and over? Inquiring minds want to know. Do you not read each others threads? Do you think it means something if said enough times? Is your intention simply to bore people to death through repetition of the same robotic right wing party lines? Does Rush tell you do it? Please--we want to know. You get the same responses.

Please someone--put us out of our misery and merge these threads!

Democrats Are Way More Obsessed With Impeachment Than Republicans

Are Democrats Really Hoping Republicans Will Impeach Obama?
If said enough times a certain frightened, insecure, and dumbed-down segment of the population will believe it (just because "it must be true"), and propagandists know it. Limbaugh and Murdoch know it, and it has made them rich.
These dittoheads proudly boast about their ignorance because "ignorance is an American Constitution-protected right" - Fox News' bread and butter.
These multiple threads are just a result of the fascist right getting their marching orders from Roger Ailes - whatever lame topic their "think tanks" can dream up.

The corporate media will never criticize Faux News because they all want what the "Party The Oligarchs Have Built" will give them (those oligarchs want a corporate government and they have lots of money to spread around to our elected "representatives"). Limbaugh, Faux, Hannity, right-wing trolls, etal, are all in lockstep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 12:03 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
This is the Republican strategy now--

1) Say / do something dumb.
2) Instead of taking responsibility cast blame on the Democrats for talking about it.

Seems like solid electoral strategy.
My favorite post so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
What damage is that? The President won reelection. We're looking good for 2016. Gerrymandering is the only thing that seems to keep Republicans in power.

Do you really think the Republican behavior and message is winning converts?

I'm not thrilled with President Obama. I've got to tell you, however, whatever opportunity that the Republicans had to convert me is long passed. I can't be associated with such lunacy. I will vote for the occasional good Republican candidate-- In fact I am supporting a Republican for Governor here in Connecticut.

But, the anti-science, anti-rights, anti-woman, anti-health care nonsense of the Republicans will never win me over.

I am all for fiscal responsibility and lower taxes-- but you've got to walk the walk before I'll look at voting more R's.
I agree 100%. Repubs have done nothing to rectify the
Problems that cost the the WH in 2012

Another example of the schizophrenia of the right these days.

Old 08-07-2014, 12:06 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
We will see the awful "damage" in 2016, won't we. What a sorry screwed-up and desperate party the repubs have become. They gerrymander, cheat, engage in dirty tricks, and still must fear for their political lives with more dumb propaganda like the topic of this thread.
One has nothing to do with the other.

Frustration over stalled immigration action doesn

Old 08-07-2014, 12:19 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,131,754 times
Anybody that's paying attention knows that there's no Republican effort to impeach Obama.

Democrats are using the made-up issue to try and bolster their dismal outlook for November.

Geez, are ALL of you lefties really that stupid? Or are you just dishonest? 'Cuz if you're claiming that Republicans are trying to impeach Obama, it has to be one or the other, because the effort you're decrying doesn't exist.

Old 08-07-2014, 12:48 PM

46,978 posts, read 26,033,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Anybody that's paying attention knows that there's no Republican effort to impeach Obama.

Democrats are using the made-up issue to try and bolster their dismal outlook for November.

Geez, are ALL of you lefties really that stupid? Or are you just dishonest? 'Cuz if you're claiming that Republicans are trying to impeach Obama, it has to be one or the other, because the effort you're decrying doesn't exist.
Look at this, a 'bagger group dedicating an entire week to something that doesn't exist:

National Impeach Obama Week (August 23rd) | Because it is not just bad government, but subversion and outright treason.

Old 08-07-2014, 12:51 PM

22,197 posts, read 19,481,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

Democrats aren't making the issue up. Republicans in Congress are speaking about it, and Democrats are in turn using what Republicans in Congress are saying against them. Boehner and the leadership aren't pushing it, and aren't going to do anything on it, but they are unable to reign in members of their own caucus when they shoot from the hip and say something crazy.

This is nothing new. If members of Congress on one side of the aisle say something crazy, those on the other side use it to run against them and their party, regardless of the fact if there is any chance of anything coming from those crazy comments. BOTH SIDES have done this since the begining of politics.

Old 08-07-2014, 12:59 PM

46,978 posts, read 26,033,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger
the effort you're decrying doesn't exist.
Sarah Palin speaks up on an effort that doesn't exist:

Sarah Palin just joined the ‘impeach Obama’ crowd. That’s bad news for the GOP. - The Washington Post

Mike Huckabee on that figment of the Democrats' imagination:

Mike Huckabee says Obama 'deserves' impeachment. Is he serious? - CSMonitor.com

Steve King uses the "I-word", so I guess that may not count:

Steve King: Obama Executive Action On Immigration Could Trigger 'I' Word

Hey, swagger, do you want more?

Old 08-07-2014, 12:59 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,954,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Look at this, a 'bagger group dedicating an entire week to something that doesn't exist:

National Impeach Obama Week (August 23rd) | Because it is not just bad government, but subversion and outright treason.
Moonbats never have been known for their intelligence.

Old 08-07-2014, 01:01 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post

Based upon the background picture, there are three people in that group.

Old 08-07-2014, 01:08 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,533,737 times
You know we've gone off the deep end when "political analysis" involves a word counting game - especially one that counts and compares the times a word is used by news outlets.

"Mommy, mommy, Johnny said "impeachment!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies