Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2014, 08:14 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,850,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
You all know how I feel about Obama. But this is just wrong what Putin did, and childish and so inmature Respect is a two way hwy, you want respect, you better know the meaning of what respect is. And practice it often.

Both men in my opinion can stand to deep down, learn the meaning of what respect means, not just for media stints, but practice what respect means and often.

I find what Putin did, disgusting, I still have my feelings about Obama, but that was just wrong.
So, you believe that this laser display was done by Putin or by his command? Are you serious?
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2014, 08:17 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,531,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
No, I am not kidding. Because that laser display is utterly bigoted. What else is a person to think if one sees an image of President Obama swallowing a banana whole?
That he's for gay rights?

Old 08-11-2014, 08:18 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,531,902 times
Quote:
That was wrong too. However, we are not talking about former President Bush or the late former President Nixon. We are talking about the laser display of President Obama in Moscow.
Your selective and narrow outrage is duly noted.

Old 08-11-2014, 08:19 PM

7,712 posts, read 4,772,195 times
They hate us for our freedom.

Old 08-11-2014, 08:20 PM

73,170 posts, read 63,005,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
That he's for gay rights?
Prove it!!

Old 08-11-2014, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Your selective and narrow outrage is duly noted.
How is mentioning that we are talking about the current President and not past Presidents "selective outrage"?

Old 08-12-2014, 10:38 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,497,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
So, you believe that this laser display was done by Putin or by his command? Are you serious?

I did not say, THAT in the way you are implying. don't put words in my mouth that I did not mean. . I am sure Putin knew, no matter who was responsible for the display. That really is not the issue.

The issue being, they are showing their true colors, they have no respect. This was so uncecessary.

What do you think, since your the one who has Putin and command in the same sentence, who do you feel is responsible. And utterly inmatue and childish.

Knowing Putin the way most do, he knew most likely, what was being done, you kidding me, Putin knows everything that goes down.

You really think Putin did not know! Are you Serious?

Old 08-12-2014, 02:09 PM

3,013 posts, read 3,566,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I did not say, THAT in the way you are implying. don't put words in my mouth that I did not mean. . I am sure Putin knew, no matter who was responsible for the display. That really is not the issue.

The issue being, they are showing their true colors, they have no respect. This was so uncecessary.

What do you think, since your the one who has Putin and command in the same sentence, who do you feel is responsible. And utterly inmatue and childish.

Knowing Putin the way most do, he knew most likely, what was being done, you kidding me, Putin knows everything that goes down.

You really think Putin did not know! Are you Serious?
I think the Russians have just found out what Americans already know,

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-12-2014 at 02:29 PM.. Reason: language

Old 08-12-2014, 02:25 PM

If you disagree with the President's policies, fine. However, you can still disagree with the President without trying to justify this particular stunt. This kind of portrayal is pretty much meant to be racially motivated. Trying to justify it or downplay it shows a bigoted mentality. If one feels that something like this is okay, then I can only assume that said person has a bigoted mentality in terms of race. Same goes for the mock food stamps with fried chicken and watermelon and the portrayal of President Obama as a witch doctor. I can understand not liking some of the President's policies, but some things are just called for.

And for those who might say "it's freedom of speech". This has nothing to do with freedom of speech. Whether or not this is free speech is not what this debate is about. These kind of racial portrayals of the President, well, you aren't going to prison for it. Yes, I know it is protected under free speech. That is not the point. This is about being able to disagree with politicians in a civilized manner.

Old 08-12-2014, 03:08 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,497,371 times
Quote:
If you disagree with the President's policies, fine. However, you can still disagree with the President without trying to justify this particular stunt. This kind of portrayal is pretty much meant to be racially motivated. Trying to justify it or downplay it shows a bigoted mentality. If one feels that something like this is okay, then I can only assume that said person has a bigoted mentality in terms of race. Same goes for the mock food stamps with fried chicken and watermelon and the portrayal of President Obama as a witch doctor. I can understand not liking some of the President's policies, but some things are just called for.

And for those who might say "it's freedom of speech". This has nothing to do with freedom of speech. Whether or not this is free speech is not what this debate is about. These kind of racial portrayals of the President, well, you aren't going to prison for it. Yes, I know it is protected under free speech. That is not the point. This is about being able to disagree with politicians in a civilized manner.

I agree with everything you stated here well said. And in your last sentence, while I agree on that point also. Let me add, you ought to in life be able to disagree with the opposing party, in a civilized manner and not act the damn fool.

Or believe your point of view is right and everyone else wrong, and you have to make fun that is so childish, and ignorant. No one slapped my behind when I was a baby, and stated to me, you must grow up and think this way, because this is what I tell you is right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies