Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2014, 02:57 PM

39,094 posts, read 51,295,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa4430 View Post
Well, much of what this person relayed in the interview could be very easily disproven by the autopsy if she is wrong.

HOWEVER, if what she indicates is correct, it destroys the arguments that we are hearing on tv where:

- "he was executed".
-"He was on his knees saying "don't shoot"
-"he was running away and they shot him in the back"

Those are crazy scenario's. The only logical explanation I've seen so far is the one given in the radio interview. I will link it again.

Alleged Friend Of Officer Darren Wilson Offers His Side | The Dana Show
Hearsay always trumps eye witness accounts, huh?

Old 08-15-2014, 03:02 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,434,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian1776 View Post
More will come out about this story that will prove that's not the case. Happens every time.
I'm sure that might be your wish. And eye-witness accounts happen many times too.

Old 08-15-2014, 03:03 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,610,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa4430 View Post
This ^

No.

What about this account from a guy that witnessed a part of the shooting from his apartment window:

https://twitter.com/7im/timelines/499639344613695488

Old 08-15-2014, 03:11 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,211,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I have a hard time believing this.
Many have a hard time believing the truth.

Old 08-15-2014, 03:12 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,240,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I'm under the belief after finding out what a thug he was, that armed or not, if you physically assault a police officer, you will be put down.
So you believe that a police officer has the right to put American citizens down if they are assaulted? Do we all have the same right? What if the police officer assaults you? Should you have the same right to put the police officer down? I know some cops would love the power to play god. Most I know would not.
If the cop was threatened and used deadly force I am okay with that. I am not ok with emptying a weapon into a suspect that is already down.
Just because someone is a cop doesn't give them the authority to shoot people. Now at least 1 shot was fired from inside the car. Brown was then out of the car after that point. Witnesses (claim) that the cop then got out of the car and shot Brown multiple times. I don't want cops who behave that way on the job.

Old 08-15-2014, 03:12 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,026,993 times
LOL the family is calling the video of him "character assassination."

LOL!

All because he couldn't be a civilized human being, get a job and buy a pack of cigars...
The only good criminal is a dead one.

Old 08-15-2014, 03:13 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,295,573 times
Just heard this "They release these pictures it's like they trying to distract us from the killing...." Hahahaha wow wow wow.

Also that cop who wants to be the next governor said we gotta make sure we don't burn down our own neighborhood. Ok so we go burn down whiteys neighborhood then?

Narratives already written. We live in such a terrible Nation. We are oppressed. White cop kills black man we riot!

Don't be distracting us!

Old 08-15-2014, 03:13 PM

893 posts, read 887,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Hearsay always trumps eye witness accounts, huh?
Hearsay from the spouse of the cop? I guess I'll take her word for it over the various "eye witness" accounts I've heard so far:

-they shot him in the back while he was running away.
-After shooting him in the back while he was running away he came up and shot him in the head "execution style"
-He was on his knees with his hands in the air saying "don't shoot me"
-He was standing with his hands up saying "don't shoot me"

After the ridiculous circus of the George Zimmerman witch hunt, I'll trust what I see coming out from the authorities over what the lynch mobs say.

Old 08-15-2014, 03:14 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,395,866 times
A man who we now know robs and assaults people is dead.

We still have to see the result of investigation that resulted in Brown's death but having him off the streets is a great thing.

Old 08-15-2014, 03:15 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,211,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
So you believe that a police officer has the right to put American citizens down if they are assaulted? Do we all have the same right? What if the police officer assaults you? Should you have the same right to put the police officer down? I know some cops would love the power to play god. Most I know would not.
If the cop was threatened and used deadly force I am okay with that. I am not ok with emptying a weapon into a suspect that is already down.
Just because someone is a cop doesn't give them the authority to shoot people. Now at least 1 shot was fired from inside the car. Brown was then out of the car after that point. Witnesses (claim) that the cop then got out of the car and shot Brown multiple times. I don't want cops who behave that way on the job.
Is it likely, even very likely, that a police officer gave chase in pursuit of a petty criminal and that said criminal had a very serious lapse of judgment and grabbed for the police officers gun?

Do citizens have the right to shoot LEO's?

Or anybody in the street over fleeing from a crime for that matter?

It may be callous....but stupid games win stupid prizes and this kid got the top shelf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies