Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2014, 01:54 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,769,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Normandy high school has had accreditation issues. I think they have worked the issues out with the state. Mc Cluer and Mc Cluer South are the other high schools that serves Ferguson.

Ferguson isn't a bad place to live.
Normandy was a different district than McCleur and McCluer South-Berkeley.
I say "was" because the state dissolved the district over the summer when it became financially insolvent. Now it is an independent school with no school district run by the state.

Old 08-23-2014, 02:18 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,746,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
As to the shooting - at this point, I think the most logical explanation is the one given by Officer Brown. It just doesn't make sense to me that a man with no past history of wrongdoing while on the force would suddenly decide to 'execute' Brown in the middle of the day for no reason on a well populated street. That's just not logical (I am a person generally ruled by logic). If additional evidence comes out that paints a different picture, I would be open to that, of course. However, at this point, with what little has come out, I am inclined to believe the officer's account.

On another note, I am so so so so very tired of this martyrdom of black men that do not deserve it. They martyr these boys/men that exemplify every stereotype of young black men. There are young black men out there who are in college, making good grades, never in trouble and yet, what do I see on the news? Riots and protests for a young black man that robbed a store and that's just excused away as if that says nothing about him. Yes it does. It says that he was the type to perpetuate the young black man = criminal stereotype. And I'm tired of it.
I've read a lot of comments on this case, and I think this is the best I've seen - period.

Michael Brown was a thug. The police officer was doing his job. Who's going to want to be a police officer if - when you're doing what you're trained to do - your life can be forever ruined???

Old 08-23-2014, 02:35 PM

6,828 posts, read 14,036,923 times
"As to the shooting - at this point, I think the most logical explanation is the one given by Officer Brown. It just doesn't make sense to me that a man with no past history of wrongdoing while on the force would suddenly decide to 'execute' Brown in the middle of the day for no reason on a well populated street. That's just not logical (I am a person generally ruled by logic). If additional evidence comes out that paints a different picture, I would be open to that, of course. However, at this point, with what little has come out, I am inclined to believe the officer's account. "

Like you I would like think I am a logical thinking person. I also have a hard time believing a officer would execute someone in the middle of the day on a busy street. I also have a hard time believing a unarmed guy running from the cops would turn around and charge a armed cop. This seems just as odd as executing a guy in the middle of street. Maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle but we can only hope the real truth comes out in this case.

Reggie

Old 08-23-2014, 02:43 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryT View Post
I've read a lot of comments on this case, and I think this is the best I've seen - period.

Michael Brown was a thug. The police officer was doing his job. Who's going to want to be a police officer if - when you're doing what you're trained to do - your life can be forever ruined???
We do not know what happened, but I'd like to say that even if Michael Brown or anyone for that matter is a thug, that would not excuse an Officers behavior, nor should the Officer NOT be scrutinized and investigated to the fullest extent of the law if there's a question about his behavior simple because he wears a badge and uniform...

Also, being a thug or being guilty of a prior crime does not mean Michael Brown is guilty in this case or that the Officer did not disregard protocol. I'm sure that there are plenty of crooked cops or cops that have not followed protocol that do not have a blotch on their record OR have not been in a position to be tested like the Officer in Michael Brown's case was for the first time...

Old 08-23-2014, 02:45 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
"As to the shooting - at this point, I think the most logical explanation is the one given by Officer Brown. It just doesn't make sense to me that a man with no past history of wrongdoing while on the force would suddenly decide to 'execute' Brown in the middle of the day for no reason on a well populated street. That's just not logical (I am a person generally ruled by logic). If additional evidence comes out that paints a different picture, I would be open to that, of course. However, at this point, with what little has come out, I am inclined to believe the officer's account. "

Like you I would like think I am a logical thinking person. I also have a hard time believing a officer would execute someone in the middle of the day on a busy street. I also have a hard time believing a unarmed guy running from the cops would turn around and charge a armed cop. This seems just as odd as executing a guy in the middle of street. Maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle but we can only hope the real truth comes out in this case.

Reggie
Well said...

Old 08-23-2014, 03:28 PM

275 posts, read 193,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Conflict of interest....
Yep wanting to set the deck against the cop.

Old 08-23-2014, 03:41 PM

Broken families and drugs... Drugs makes thugs which bring in cops and then blacks blame the cops.

Old 08-23-2014, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Rush Limbaugh: New Media Prevented Mainstream Media from Turning 'Gentle Giant' into Rodney King

Brown robbed a store and roughed up the clerk right before this happened and the "new media" on the internet didn't let that slid.
They want his head (violence)

Old 08-23-2014, 03:54 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Default Officials Brace Ferguson For Shocking News

Officials Brace Ferguson For Shocking News - Conservative Byte

"A St. Louis County Police Department officer, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told WND that department reports confirmed Wilson suffered a broken eye socket in a struggle with Brown before the shooting.

“For Michael Brown to fight the police officer and try to take his gun away and then to say, ‘Don’t shoot me,’ that’s resisting arrest, and it’s a felony,” he said. “All you have to do is touch the officer’s gun and you’ve committed a felony.”

Old 08-23-2014, 04:05 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Should the prosecutor be removed from the case due to a conflict of interest? His father was an officer who was killed by a black man. Could that be considered bias?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies