Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 08:26 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,461,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattoedDad View Post
Its stepping on the toes of the 2nd amendment.I personally REFUSE to shop at any place that publicly announces no guns allowed or wanted..that's just an open invitation for criminals who DUH don't follow the law to rob people.
So a company has the right to discriminate against people based on the color of their skin, their gender, and their sexual orientation...but if it asks people please don't carry loaded weapons around and act like a dumbass IT'S AGAINST THEIR RIGHTS!

Then if anyone actually complies it's going to be a feeding frenzy of criminals super-looting the store and all the customers...

Man, some people actually live in a world where this is the first thing they dream up? I feel sorry for them.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:29 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
The main reason Target did so badly this past year is the almost total failure of their new Canadian division. It lost billions in it's first year and dragged the entire company down.
Nah, it's all about the guns and gays. Nevermind the fact that due to the economies of scale in Canada compared to the US, the different laws and regulations, Target Canada lost a lot of money because Canadians prefer to shop at Targets across the border which has cheaper prices and more merchandise to pick from. Nope, it was all because good, straight, God fearing "Real Americans" like the OP don't like to shop at stores that ask gun owners to leave their guns at home

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
So a company has the right to discriminate against people based on the color of their skin, their gender, and their sexual orientation...but if it asks people please don't carry loaded weapons around and act like a dumbass IT'S AGAINST THEIR RIGHTS!

Then if anyone actually complies it's going to be a feeding frenzy of criminals super-looting the store and all the customers...

Man, some people actually live in a world where this is the first thing they dream up? I feel sorry for them.
I noticed that there were no news reports of mass looting at any Target since they "asked" gun owners to leave their guns at home. I haven't taken seriously anything a RWNJ says, despite the fact that a broken clock is right twice a day. They are wrong in almost everything, and the OP is wrong in this instance

Old 08-21-2014, 08:33 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Target reports 62% drop in earnings, cuts profit forecast - LA Times

Wonder if this has anything to do with 2 political hotcakes? Guns and Homosexual marriage....
More because they couldn't keep their financial info for everyone's credit/debit cards safe.

I hadn't been to Target in a year and yet I got one of those "your CC may have been compromised" letters from Target. A lot more data than what was reported got hacked from Target.

Folks I talk to won't shop there for that reason..not guns and gays.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:38 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,461,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I noticed that there were no news reports of mass looting at any Target since they "asked" gun owners to leave their guns at home. I haven't taken seriously anything a RWNJ says, despite the fact that a broken clock is right twice a day. They are wrong in almost everything, and the OP is wrong in this instance
Well, the slope is always slippery for some people. Do X and the world is going to hell, they guarantee it. Then you do it and we're nothing happened. Give women the right to vote, free blacks, allow interracial marriage, vote for Obama, not believe racist birther screeds...

Broken clocks can be right twice a day (if they aren't digital), but you need to check a working clock to know it. Given the diarrhea of the mouth most fearful wingnuts have a person could spend a lifetime actually finding the gem that's right in a sea of crap.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:40 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Its stepping on the toes of the 2nd amendment.I personally REFUSE to shop at any place that publicly announces no guns allowed or wanted..that's just an open invitation for criminals who DUH don't follow the law to rob people.
They only ASKED that people not carry them in the store, me thinks you are way too sensitive, just leave in the trunk or don't shop there, I doubt it hurt their business in the slightest.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:50 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,776 times
I'm sure it mostly is fallout from the major security breach they had about 6 months ago. However, corporations taking a stance on political and social issues that might alienate half of your customer base certainly isn't good for business either.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:21 AM

430 posts, read 379,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
It doesn't. Seriously you joined this forum to post this kind nonsense?
No. Actually this is the first thread I started in this area. I posted once in books and the rest in the state forums looking for a new place to live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post

Actually they can't discriminate based on any of those. I don't dream this up it just is. I don't feel safe shopping there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
They only ASKED that people not carry them in the store, me thinks you are way too sensitive, just leave in the trunk or don't shop there, I doubt it hurt their business in the slightest.
I keep my safety at the forefront of everything. Seen to many stores proclaim they are gun free and then get robbed...no thanks. Not gonna be a victim because they want to make a political statement.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:22 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Or maybe they should not build their stores right across the street from a Walmart, that is a no win situation.
Why would them ASKING gun owners to not carry their weapons in their stores harm their business, I do not know any rational gun owners that cared one way or the other. Seems like you would like to assume that is a cause, why is that.
Burger Kings strategy when they were expanding was to build stores right near McDonalds. This way they let McDonalds do the research and the expense on suitable locations and they just followed along.

I agree its most likely not guns/gay issues, but its a common business strategy to put your business near your competitors and let them spend the money bringing you customers.

Last edited by pghquest; 08-21-2014 at 09:43 AM..

Old 08-21-2014, 09:45 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Its stepping on the toes of the 2nd amendment.
not really.. The fundamental right in this nation rests upon property rights, private property. You have no right to force your exercising of your rights upon others by interferring in their other rights, in this instance, property rights.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:01 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Quote:
Target reports 62% drop in earnings, cuts profit forecast - LA Times

Wonder if this has anything to do with 2 political hotcakes? Guns and Homosexual marriage....
No 110 million bank card records foolishly put at risk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies