Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 10:05 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times

Advertisements

Sadly, it is becoming increasingly clear that some neighborhoods provide far more support for criminals than they do for the police officers that all too often put their lives on the line for the residents of those neighborhoods. They not only "support" the criminals, they hide and protect them. I have to wonder...is it worth the trouble to provide police support? Should we simply pull them out and let the residents deal with their own problems?

Maybe we leave it for a vote, neighborhood by neighborhood. It's not a good situation for the peaceful, honest citizens that try to live there, and certainly not for honest businesses. But I'm sure in time a form of "society" will develop.

Now, you have the obvious question of how to keep the crime and related problems in those areas and keep them from spreading. Lets talk about it.

Old 08-24-2014, 10:09 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,537,124 times
Snitches get Stitches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haCS1NKvjE4

Old 08-24-2014, 10:14 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,938 times
I think there are pockets of areas that are beyond police protection. One has been in the news of late where they have an upsidedown backwards view of how justice is supposed to work. They want allowances and concessions in order to be criminals, and the police are unable to do their job or protect themselves. It would save a lot of money if we just remove police protection from those areas. So I say yes! Law and order are not welcomed there, so remove it. This way, we won't waste money, time and media on stories like the one in the news recently about how unfair cops are/police brutality.

Old 08-24-2014, 10:14 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,586,145 times
Didn't Kurt Russell make a couple of movies like that?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-LDW7tWwAI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6SWofbYD90

Old 08-24-2014, 10:16 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,356,060 times
We police our area.....it works great.

We have no crime.

The biggest thing here is illegal deer hunting from time to time.

Old 08-24-2014, 10:18 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
You'd have to reform/outright abolish local charters and deal with the whole overlapping jurisdiction angle.

I don't think it's feasible.

You could simply fund the required force at a bare minimum level and take your sweet time responding to calls I suppose.

Old 08-24-2014, 10:40 AM

27 posts, read 17,456 times
its the only logical conclusion at this point: don't sent cops where they are not wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Sadly, it is becoming increasingly clear that some neighborhoods provide far more support for criminals than they do for the police officers that all too often put their lives on the line for the residents of those neighborhoods. They not only "support" the criminals, they hide and protect them. I have to wonder...is it worth the trouble to provide police support? Should we simply pull them out and let the residents deal with their own problems?

Maybe we leave it for a vote, neighborhood by neighborhood. It's not a good situation for the peaceful, honest citizens that try to live there, and certainly not for honest businesses. But I'm sure in time a form of "society" will develop.

Now, you have the obvious question of how to keep the crime and related problems in those areas and keep them from spreading. Lets talk about it.

Old 08-24-2014, 10:40 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
I don't see this as factual. Yes, you get a big protest like we just saw. But what do we know about those protests? A large segment was from somewhere else and those that were are a very small portion of the population of the area.

To make the proposition you have to prove that the people do not want police patrols in their neighborhood and that has not been done here.

Old 08-24-2014, 10:45 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
We police our area.....it works great.

We have no crime.

The biggest thing here is illegal deer hunting from time to time.
You're getting by without government prescence?

This can't be! We need the government to kiss all our boo-boos and wipe our tooshies.

Old 08-24-2014, 10:47 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,693,567 times
One of the major reasons police fail especially in minority neighborhoods is that that they usually don't reside in that area.

One way to correct the problem is to require all public official to reside in the area that that are hired, appointed, or elected for and to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies