Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 07:26 AM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times

Advertisements

Unclean food, ohhhhh boyyyy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 07:33 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
It has nothing to do with you so don't worry about it.

Old 08-25-2014, 07:38 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
The restaurant removed the sign not bacon from the menu. This makes sense as what business wants to alienate potential customers?

Old 08-25-2014, 11:11 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Why blame liberals? Find me a liberal who agrees with this. It's just your knee jerk reaction? Let's blame Obama.
Liberals are responsible for Muslim refugee resettlement in Vermont. Thus:

No liberals = very few Muslims in Vermont = Bacon Ad.

Liberals = Muslim Refugee Resettlement = No Bacon Ad.

Also, most liberals that I know would advocate removing the ad so as not to offend a minority group than to keep the ad that caters to the majority group. One of the cornerstones of modern liberal politics is catering to a minority group at the expense of the majority group.

Old 08-25-2014, 11:19 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,936 times
So now conservatives are outraged by a private business decision?

Is the need to be perpetually outraged so strong that even the decisions of a private business must be wrong because it was a sensitive response to a complaint of facebook? Good grief...

Old 08-25-2014, 11:20 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
We have no evidence that it was a Muslim that called or that there was a call at all. The "caller" identified herself as such, but it is just as certain that it was a wingbat rightie trying to make an issue where there was none - a false flag operation. Alternatively, the owner did it knowing the wingbat righties would flock to his restaurant in support. The outrage of the usual suspects confirms that it worked.
There's so much win here that I had to repost this. Yup, I think it was a false flag operation too. The twin towers crew decided to scale down to a war on bacon. We've sent some drones after them this morning, and they should be dead meat by this afternoon. Bacon loses, Muslims win, and our joystick pilots get a workout.

Old 08-25-2014, 11:26 AM

29,488 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, don't like how things are done in Rome, get the hell out of Rome... you follow me. Same goes with the stupid foot washing stations that some Muslim group was complaining about the lack of in airports....

I mean really... you don't like how things are done here or other places, go the hell home.

I wouldn't go into a Muslim country and complain about the call to prayer that happens 36 times a day.....

I'm tired of things being so PC these days......
Why don't more people get this ? If a person doesn't like something why take that right away from another ? It's like moving to the desert and then complaining about the heat. MOVE if you don't like it.

Old 08-25-2014, 11:27 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
More proof that liberals have totally destroyed America.
More proof that the free market system is working just fine. A business put up a sign, they got some feedback, and DECIDED to take down the sign in order to satisfy their business objectives.

Personally, if it were my sign, I would have respectfully declined to remove it, but that's the thing about freedom, the owner got to choose.

As for the quote above, it is ironic, because if anyone would have protested this, it would have been an ultra-conservative Muslim. A liberal Muslim would have live and let live, and it would not have been an issue. So if anything, it's proof that conservatism in a global society is not only destroying America, but it's an Oxymoron. You can't conserve mutually opposing views.

Old 08-25-2014, 11:36 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Why don't more people get this ? If a person doesn't like something why take that right away from another ? It's like moving to the desert and then complaining about the heat. MOVE if you don't like it.
Like Marriage?

(If you don't like Same-sex marriage, you should move to Saudi Arabia. They don't allow it there. You'd be right at home. "Conservative Values")

Old 08-25-2014, 12:23 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times
I read a post on another forum today about complaints to a travel company from some of their customers. In many ways, it reminded me of this thread.
Some of the complaints:
1. The beach was too sandy.
2. We took a trip to Spain, and all the people spoke Spanish!
3. I was bitten by a mosquito. The brochure said nothing about mosquitoes!
4. Our friend's three bedroom suite was a lot bigger than our single bedroom suite!
5. It was a nine hour flight home to England, but Americans only had a three hour flight. That doesn't seem fair!
6. We went to a water park, and they did not furnish swim suits or towels.
7. The beach sand was sort of yellow instead of white like it shows in the brochures.

Face it people, you do NOT have the right to NEVER be offended, and the world is not Burger King, you can NOT "have it your way" all the time! In fact, you will be very lucky if it is EVER "your way"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies