Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2014, 04:54 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
According to witnesses. It wasn't as if I just assumed in a case I had no clue about.

What gave you the impression that the officer is innocent?

Show me where I implied that.
I'm actually waiting for evidence.

... and yes, unless you have inside information, you have no clue.

Old 09-10-2014, 04:59 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Show me where I implied that.
I'm actually waiting for evidence.

... and yes, unless you have inside information, you have no clue.
So is everybody.

With the evidence released thus far, if you believe officer Wilson is innocent, what evidence are you using to base your assumption on??

I can do the reverse quite easy.

Old 09-10-2014, 05:01 PM

Everybody's talking about evidence, evidence, evidence, but whenever someone follows the basic laws of reasoning they're being shot down for coming to the assumption that the witnesses who have come forward publicly are telling the truth.

And its the same few posters who are posting ZERO evidence to support their claim. I'm not gonna beat this point to death but I am going to make the point apparently clear.

Old 09-10-2014, 05:03 PM

Quote:
So is everybody.

With the evidence released thus far, if you believe officer Wilson is innocent, what evidence are you using to base your assumption on??

I can do the reverse quite easy.

Again, you're assuming I have.

Old 09-10-2014, 05:09 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Quote:
Everybody's talking about evidence, evidence, evidence, but whenever someone follows the basic laws of reasoning they're being shot down for coming to the assumption that the witnesses who have come forward publicly are telling the truth.

And its the same few posters who are posting ZERO evidence to support their claim. I'm not gonna beat this point to death but I am going to make the point apparently clear.
I think you wouldn't likely have so much doubt cast upon the witnesses who have come forward thus far if the few who did lie didn't poison the well of public opinion, so to speak (e.g. Witness saying Brown was on knees and begging; Witness saying Brown was shot in the back).

Old 09-10-2014, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Again, you're assuming I have.
The only assumption I'm making is that there needs to be evidence to back up the claim that Brown was attacking the officer. More evidence than his "friend" calling into the station and giving his side of the story when his statement hasn't even been made available to the public.

Everybody is talking about "waiting for a trial" but if there is no indictment there will be no trial. At this point, with multiple witnesses saying the same thing, there is very strong reason to believe there should be a trial.

The only option your presenting is that the witnesses are ALL lying.

Do you understand what I am getting at?

Old 09-10-2014, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I think you wouldn't likely have so much doubt cast upon the witnesses who have come forward thus far if the few who did lie didn't poison the well of public opinion, so to speak (e.g. Witness saying Brown was on knees and begging; Witness saying Brown was shot in the back).
Thank you for at least stating why you believe what you believe. That's all I'm trying to get at.

I keep getting attacked for suggesting exactly what the witnesses described but those who attack me aren't presenting any reasoning or anything of substance to back up your claim.

I can definitely get down with what your saying because there's an element of reason.

Old 09-10-2014, 05:19 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
i regret the death of anyone. but the bull frog moral outrage needs to change. we should not inflate with moral outrage only occasionally but every time a young person is killed every time an old person is killed every time a child is raped and robbed and a merchant who serves us is beaten and robbed. the community should not blow up only when the offender is dressed in blue and wears a badge and a gun. how bout the killer and robber with the pants down 9mm and corn braids? why do you forgive this man? because he lives next door and you are afraid of him?

Old 09-10-2014, 05:21 PM

Quote:
The only assumption I'm making is that there needs to be evidence to back up the claim that Brown was attacking the officer. More evidence than his "friend" calling into the station and giving his side of the story when his statement hasn't even been made available to the public.

Everybody is talking about "waiting for a trial" but if there is no indictment there will be no trial. At this point, with multiple witnesses saying the same thing, there is very strong reason to believe there should be a trial.

The only option your presenting is that the witnesses are ALL lying.

Do you understand what I am getting at?

Yes, you're saying that your mind is made up and that you're right.

Last edited by Speleothem; 09-10-2014 at 06:28 PM..

Old 09-10-2014, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i regret the death of anyone. but the bull frog moral outrage needs to change. we should not inflate with moral outrage only occasionally but every time a young person is killed every time an old person is killed every time a child is raped and robbed and a merchant who serves us is beaten and robbed. the community should not blow up only when the offender is dressed in blue and wears a badge and a gun. how bout the killer and robber with the pants down 9mm and corn braids? why do you forgive this man? because he lives next door and you are afraid of him?
I understand your frustration but those are 2 separate issues.

The reason so many people have rallied to demand transparency and justice in this case is because of a history of corruption and foul play at the hands of LEO. Nothing else.

There is also a large assumption that community members aren't addressing other types of violence in their communities and that is wrong. There's several groups, organizations, churches, etc that do just that. They just don't always get the publicity.

It's kind of how everyone was lumped into "rioters and looters" when this whole event took off. That's not accurate all. There were people feeding officers and others who were in the area. There were those who were cleaning up the community during the day. There were those who were 100% peaceful and who really cared about justice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies