Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2014, 03:18 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,749,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Well they were all standing around right after it happened and no one attacked him. They were real savages weren't they?

He might as well move to another country.

Just not with the Palestinians.
The first thing you do in that situation is remove the officer. That's common sense.

Old 08-26-2014, 03:18 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Caring is fine. Wanting to ensure that police brutality is punished is a good goal. Wanting a show trial and quick hanging is not seeking Justice, it is seeking Vengeance and unless some get that there will be more riots. Watch and see what happens when the evidence comes out, if it is not what some want to see they will call it false and ignore it, that is not the sign of someone seeking Justice.
I will put it this way, with the evidence we have today I believe the officer was within his rights and it was a justified shooting. IF the evidence later shows that I am wrong I will come back here and admit that I was wrong and jumped to the wrong conclusion, I will even start a Thread for just that purpose. Would You be willing to do the same, any other Brown supporters willing to do it?
There's a difference between what one believes should happen in a fair and just universe and what one believes will happen in this sordid racist world.

I thought that George Zimmerman was as guilty as sin, but I predicted right here on City-Data that he would get off scott-free and he did.

The fact that whether this cop will even be prosecuted is first being determined by a grand jury of 9 whites and 3 blacks, hidden from the public, behind closed doors, under the total control of the prosecution, doesn't bode well for justice.

Old 08-26-2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
The first thing you do in that situation is remove the officer. That's common sense.
But they didn't did they? He was apparently there for enough time to be video-taped on someone's phone. I didn't see anyone harassing him.

Old 08-26-2014, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
First, you need to calm down. Second, I have not dissected the case as the evidence is not there. I have said I am inclined to believe the officer's account as related by a source because it sounds most logical. That is hardly a dissection. Either way, you are obviously inclined to believe one thing and one thing only. I hardly think waiting until there is evidence and not getting riled up over the media fanning the flames of anger to be foolish. Take that as you wish.
It sounds logical that some teen in flip-flops who just stole some cigars would first wrestle a cop for his gun, and then run towards a hail of bullets?

Old 08-26-2014, 03:29 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
It sounds logical that some teen in flip-flops who just stole some cigars would first wrestle a cop for his gun, and then run towards a hail of bullets?
And after stealing.....and ruffing a store owner up.....walk down the middle of a street.....to be noticed.

That is why I feel it was suicide by cop.

The young man had a death wish.......JMO.

Old 08-26-2014, 03:30 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I've given my rationale for why I thought it was logical before. No need to rehash it here. I'm sure you can find it in my past postings.

Old 08-26-2014, 03:39 PM

730 posts, read 1,314,577 times
I'm amazed at the garbage heard on TV. Just heard some idiot liken Michael Brown's killing to Martin Luter King's killing. Just when I think I've heard it all, someone like him comes through to prove me wrong.

Old 08-26-2014, 03:59 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
That's right. Most Americans have shoplift and smoked. How was Mike Brown a thug then?
What most Americans have done doesn't determine if Brown was a thug. Also, I thought the video had him stealing and strong arming the shopkeeper. Isn't that different from shiplifting?

Old 08-26-2014, 04:00 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Them? You mean us?

What about the fact that it could be another Police cover up. Do you not want to know what really happened? If your so SURE of the truth why are you scared if the case goes to trial?

If the officer lied and/or the police covered things up, I think that will fall apart under the weight of the evidence.

We may never know exactly what happened even if it goes to trial.

The evidence presented to the grand jury will be released to the public under Missouri's sunshine laws and people will be able to determine for themselves.

I'm not afraid of a trial. I have no real vested interest either way. There is due process. In this case, a grand jury is involved in that process.

Could be that the evidence(which is not the same as what we know) does not warrant an arrest and the prosecutor wants the grand jury to back that because of the circus atmosphere to date. Could also be that the evidence is ambiguous and for that reason its been given to the grand jury. Maybe there are other reasons under MO law, I don't know.

Old 08-26-2014, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
If the officer lied and/or the police covered things up, I think that will fall apart under the weight of the evidence.

We may never know exactly what happened even if it goes to trial.

The evidence presented to the grand jury will be released to the public under Missouri's sunshine laws and people will be able to determine for themselves.

I'm not afraid of a trial. I have no real vested interest either way. There is due process. In this case, a grand jury is involved in that process.

Could be that the evidence(which is not the same as what we know) does not warrant an arrest and the prosecutor wants the grand jury to back that because of the circus atmosphere to date. Could also be that the evidence is ambiguous and for that reason its been given to the grand jury. Maybe there are other reasons under MO law, I don't know.
Just my opinion, but I think the prosecutor was counting on the stupidity and racism of a predominately white jury. But this new audio tape, if it is authenticated, is huge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies