Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2014, 09:40 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddybrown View Post

All evidence points at the innocence of the police and that he acted in self-defense. Still, we don’t know because there is still an investigation going.

Look at the size of Michael Brown, he is gigantic but also a harden criminal.
No evidence points to the cop acting in self defense.

Stealing cigars and committing a misdemeanor assault in the store makes him a hardened criminal ? Sounds more like a softened criminal to me.

The thing you got right is we don't know because there's an ongoing investigation.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:50 AM

86 posts, read 95,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post

Stealing cigars and committing a misdemeanor assault in the store makes him a hardened criminal ? Sounds more like a softened criminal to me.

The thing you got right is we don't know because there's an ongoing investigation.
There is no evidence that the cop did not act in self-defense. So why are you constantly attacking the police officer?

Old 09-02-2014, 10:13 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,230,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Certainly would be nice if the Feds would crawl in a hole sometimes, but I am guessing in this case, they are just taking their time. The wheels of justice grind very slow.
There's nothing to convict the police officer on or else he would have been arrested by now I would think? There is a strong case in favor of Wilson because even a witch hunt by Holder out to appease people who want this officer's head can't manufacture enough dirt to put him away. There is also 'strong evidence' that Brown touched the gun.

They are just holding off the inevitable wave of looting, burning and rioting while doing everything they can to appease in other ways since there is no evidence to support a legitimate arrest. Like using tax payer money to rebuild the city they destroyed, and taking away protection gear for their police department.

Old 09-02-2014, 10:24 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
There's nothing to convict the police officer on or else he would have been arrested by now I would think?

They are just holding off the inevitable wave of looting, burning and rioting while doing everything they can to appease in other ways since there is no evidence to support a legitimate arrest. Like using tax payer money to rebuild the city they destroyed, and taking away protection gear for their police department.
I haven't seen any evidence for Officer Wilson yet. All I've seen is the autopsy reports, eye witness accounts and a video. I haven't seen any ballistic or toxicology reports, nor Wilson's medical record.
If you've got a link for them, pass it on

The same arguments of looting/rioting was brought up during the Zimmerman case. I didn't think Zimmerman was guilty, he was found not guilty,
and guess what - no riots.

The evidence (forensic) will convict Wilson, or not. I'm thinking if the grand jury does indict, and it goes to trial, that evidence will be pretty strong.

After the Verdict: The Zimmerman Non-Riots - The New Yorker

"Amplifying the irony is the fact that the verdict was announced on July 13, 2013—the hundred-and-fiftieth anniversary of the Civil War draft riots in New York City, in which white mobs pursued and killed blacks on the streets and burned a black orphanage to the ground."

Old 09-02-2014, 10:26 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
There's nothing to convict the police officer on or else he would have been arrested by now I would think? There is a strong case in favor of Wilson because even a witch hunt by Holder out to appease people who want this officer's head can't manufacture enough dirt to put him away. There is also 'strong evidence' that Brown touched the gun.

The Grand Jury has not gave their findings yet......I hope Wilson will not be charged....but, it is not over.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:26 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Certainly would be nice if the Feds would crawl in a hole sometimes, but I am guessing in this case, they are just taking their time. The wheels of justice grind very slow.
Im glad they are taking their time, but really, it may take the proper amount of time to properly do the investigation.. Im also glad they are not being pressured by idiots to hurry. Maybe also it will give the haters a chance to simmer down somewhat.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:43 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,749,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Very unethical.

Good reporters are NEVER part of the story.

Journalism 101.
He's no more a journalist than he is a Reverend. Both are honorary titles, neither are earned.

Old 09-02-2014, 12:17 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
If the facts say the officer is guilty , he is guilty, if he is railroaded and they say he is guilty , and the facts are distorted with bias, then that is a whole other ballgame. If they can't proof the officer didn't do anything wrong then he is not guilty in the eyes of the criminal justice system.

Old 09-02-2014, 12:59 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinealley View Post
You got it! I'm serious, God watching everything...
Romans 12:19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.

Yes, He is.

Old 09-02-2014, 01:23 PM

1,726 posts, read 4,038,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post

Those two actions constitute a robbery, not a petty crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies