Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2014, 10:59 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,763,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Whos crying poor me? The only one i know is you with " poor me i have to pay taxes that help others who you don't think our worthy"
Nope, I don't think able bodies people who choose to sit on their asses when they are physically and mentally capable of working worthy of the fruits of MY LABOR.

What are they doing to contribute to society? Are they paying their fair share, nope but they point the finger at everyone else and scream pay your fair share. That takes audacity and ignorance and they are being played by the elites like an old fiddle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2014, 11:00 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,394,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
If that is true and if I was a parent at the time I would have worked 3 jobs to earn enough to send my kid to school. Whining and crying oh poor me will never help no matter what the situation.
Sure you would, your constant whining and crying "oh poor me" for having to pay taxes that some portion might go to some undeserving person shows how well you would handle 3 jobs to earn enough to send your kid to school.

I notice that you still havent said what you do for work.....do you work?

Old 08-28-2014, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Sure you would, your constant whining and crying "oh poor me" for having to pay taxes that some portion might go to some undeserving person shows how well you would handle 3 jobs to earn enough to send your kid to school.

hmm. They should have thought of that. And to bring kids into this world when you can't afford to support them is selfish, self centered.

SO... are we going to go this route again. Since you say you work for your wife as an accountant, specialize in something that has to do with programming, yet spend so much time on cd trying to justify "OTHERS" so called RIGHTS to live off the labor of others. Go ahead, write a check.

Wouldn't your time be better spent down at the local soup kitchen or are you all mouth and no action?

Old 08-28-2014, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

When government takes too much of my earnings instead of growing my business (possibly hiring more people if needed) instead I decided to cut back and cruise. I am not on this earth to be a government slave or support a bunch of dead weights.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:20 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,548,114 times
Once Obama EO's amnesty/refugee status then you can add 10-20 million more to that figure.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:22 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,411,258 times
Quote:
When government takes too much of my earnings instead of growing my business (possibly hiring more people if needed) instead I decided to cut back and cruise. I am not on this earth to be a government slave or support a bunch of dead weights.
You're going to do that anyway. Don't blame your greed on the government.

The sad part is, you expect the people working for you to pay for the infrastructure you use. Business owners pay less in taxes than a working man.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:22 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,394,707 times
Quote:
Right...so its self hatred really, you're a moocher, you dont actually do any work? You dont do anything that meaningfully contributes to society.

Got it.

Quote:
hmm. They should have thought of that. And to bring kids into this world when you can't afford to support them is selfish, self centered.

SO... are we going to go this route again. Since you say you work for your wife as an accountant, specialize in something that has to do with programming, yet spend so much time on cd trying to justify "OTHERS" so called RIGHTS to live off the labor of others. Go ahead, write a check.

Wouldn't your time be better spent down at the local soup kitchen or are you all mouth and no action?
I dont work for her as an accountant, I just deal with those things. Its a small business, that so far has been unprofitable overall.

And CD gets my attention while waiting for builds to compile. And I love the constant "you pay for it, because I dont want to live in a society (whine) its all about me! (foot stamp). "

Petch, Im more then willing to write a check as a part of society. Apparently you have time to whine about people not doing anything because....you're the same way, and self justify it because you dont want to pay for people who....do what you do.

Isnt that a tad hypocritical?

Old 08-28-2014, 11:25 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,965,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Once Obama EO's amnesty/refugee status then you can add 10-20 million more to that figure.
Thanks to Pro Amnesty Corporate Lobbyists while the majority of the citizens of this country are against it.

Top Corporate Executives Descend On Washington To Lobby For Amnesty... - Tea Party News

Top Corporate Executives Descend On Washington To Lobby For Amnesty…

Quote:
(Bloomberg) - Evangelical pastors, corporate leaders, elected Republican officials and small-government activists arrive in Washington next week to lobby lawmakers to revamp U.S. immigration policies before year’s end.

The “conservative fly-in” will involve about 600 people and include personal meetings with at least 80 Republican members of Congress, said Ali Noorani, an organizer of the event and executive director of the National Immigration Forum.

Old 08-28-2014, 12:22 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,762,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't think your statement is even fair.

The number of Americans serving in the military is a small slice of the U.S. population. Military personnel makes up less than 1% of the total population. Several posters including me have debunked the myth that only poor serve in the Military.

This thread is "The entitlement state food stamps enrollment top 45 million 2 years in a row" NOT military poverty issue.

I love the Military, and I believe military personnel deserves every single cent of their paycheck (I think combat troops should be paid even more) But let's not pretend they are not well compensated.
I brought up the military aspect because of a posters comment that the poor don't contribute and just take from others.

Old 08-28-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Well gee petch imagine running a society based on each persons belief of what or who is worthy. I bet you money your one of THOSE people! Like my redneck uncle "well its unconstitutional to tax me" i will never, ever pay taxes, those deadbeats etc etc. But tomorrow if all the deadbeats died it would be another reason because the bottomline is my uncle is greedy and lazy. He wants to keep every last cent to himself and not contribute to society, but he is also the first person to call the cops when someone is trespassing on his property.
Yet you refuse to answer my question. What do collecting welfare contribute to society?

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-28-2014 at 01:53 PM.. Reason: language
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies