Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 03:26 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryT View Post
Amen.

Obama has fanned the flames of racial discontent in this country. And Eric Holder's comment last week, that he's "Attorney General, but also a black man...and this [Michael Brown's death] is personal."

Holy cow. If white AG had said that, the media would be calling for his head on a platter.

Their outrageous behavior does make it seem almost as though they wish to foment a race war.
Ironically, if Brown had been killed by a gang-banger or from "beefin'" with some hoodrat, all would be normal in the hood.

Old 09-02-2014, 03:30 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
You would think that black Liberals would be ashamed of their behavior. Black Liberals go to work for their white bosses, interact with white people who treat them with honor and respect, and go back home to teach hate of white people to their children and anybody else who's willing to listen.

no_uncle_toms_on_the_left.html

Old 09-02-2014, 07:55 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
It depends on which groups of people you're referring to when you're talking about race relations. If its between blacks and whites, while its far from great, its still better than it was several decades ago. And the main reason why it hasn't progressed even further is because blacks themselves keep screwing things up and holding things back.

Its hard to be friendly with a group of people when they're constantly causing trouble and where blacks not only can't be nice and civilized with people of a different ethnicity/race, they can't even be nice among themselves. In fact its mostly only blacks and Muslims who seem to have trouble and conflict with nearly EVERYONE.

The best and easiest way that blacks can have better relations with everyone is to simply COMMIT LESS CRIME. Its that easy. Just look at all the other people from around the world from various ethnicities, cultures and beliefs living mostly in peace with each other in the US. All these different groups of people co-existing and even often sharing their culture with each other and while each ethnicity might not be best friends with each other, at least they respect each other enough to be able to live in peace and civility most of the time which is something that blacks have repeatedly failed to do on a large scale for decades on end.

Also its PRECISELY when blacks interact with everyone else that the problems start to arise. For every one or few blacks that you meet that seem to be decent, there's at least one that you meet where you're wary of them and wonder if they're going to do you harm. And that's why racism and stereotypes exist. Just look at all the stories of non-blacks letting their guard down and trying to treat blacks like any other person and getting burned by it.

Non-blacks are pretty much screwed in western nations who are overly tolerant of such behavior and just as overly forgiving no matter how henious and brutal the crimes are. If we keep our guard up around blacks, we're racist for treating them all as criminals. If we let our guard down we risk losing ouir possessions, being injured or even killed by blacks for trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. Its a no win situation.

I think this perfectly describes many, MANY blacks in that they WANT to see themselves as the eternal victims of racism and discrimination and profiling etc. when the actual reality is that blacks THEMSELVES are most often the aggressors and are the root cause of much of the problems that they complain about.

In the alternate reality that many blacks live in, there's ALWAYS a reason or excuse to somehow justify or absolve themselves of their violent behavior and all the crime that they commit so that they don't have to put work into actually changing themselves and moving in a positive direction. I mean its much easier to simply blame everyone and everything but yourselves as to why blacks are the way they are. Its because they don't have enough community centers, or enough job opportunities or the government and police aren't reaching out enough to black communities etc etc etc. which is why they're doing so bad.

And its sad to see that even well educated blacks who go on various media channels for interviews on race relations say the EXACT same things. How can blacks move forward and improve when EVEN THESE educated blacks are circling the wagons and joining in on blaming everyone but themselves for their problems? Just like an alcoholic who can't admit he has a drinking problem, blacks just can't admit that race relations between them and everyone else in America isn't great because it has mostly to do with their behavior.

If blacks would simply change their behavior, race relations will improve automatically and in a significant way. How you ask? Because even if you never become friends with a black person in your life, you can now see blacks as people who are mostly not violent or criminal and that at least you can live and co-exist with in a peaceful manner. I think that's what most people want, to simply live their lives in a safe enviroment without always having to worry about a certain group of people screwing things up causing trouble and putting people's lives at risk. Again if blacks would just change and become better people, race relations would improve dramatically and everyone would be much happier for it.
Way to generalize, bro.

Quote:
I seriously think some people only see the world as they WANT to see it
And this entire post is exactly what I'm talking about...

Old 09-02-2014, 10:27 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Race relations got worse but it wasn't because of President Obama. It was because of the white supremacist that hate the fact that their president is black and him and his attorney general standing up to white supremacist when they have to. There's also the fact that these types are upset about the executive branch standing up for voting rights, women's rights, and civil rights...
Oh, that is funny. What white supremacist?

Old 09-02-2014, 10:36 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
It's not your place to speak on what the black community is or what it does...
Why not? It is all over the TV.. we get a voice and it is called Freedom of Speech. We can see that they are blinded .. If a big white guy strong armed a man in his store and stole cigars,those with common sense would think that the guy was looking for trouble.. if he was told to get out of the street and wouldn't and found out this big white guy punched out a black cop we would think he was crazy looking for trouble. If he wound up dead , we would think he escalated the situation and should have done things much differently and it wouldn't have wound up like it did.

Old 09-02-2014, 10:39 AM

2,417 posts, read 1,449,591 times
This thread begs the question did we miss it with the Civil Rights Movement? This movement fought hard for racial integration. Yet what we should have fought harder for was equality of life in all groups of people. It doesn't matter whether we come together or not, as long as we aren't discriminating against each other and we truly do have equality in our separate sections. Integration would have happened on it's own accord over time.

I see what black people need to do to correct this problem. Yet funnily enough, people have problems even with black people trying to help their own community. That's amazing to me. After all the talk about black people needing to do something themselves instead of looking for the government to give them assistance, many have shot down my ideas to do just that. Calling it counter intuitive or whatever.

Old 09-02-2014, 10:39 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Why not? It is all over the TV.. we get a voice and it is called Freedom of Speech. We can see that they are blinded .. If a big white guy strong armed a man in his store and stole cigars,those with common sense would think that the guy was looking for trouble.. if he was told to get out of the street and wouldn't and found out this big white guy punched out a black cop we would think he was crazy looking for trouble. If he wound up dead , we would think he escalated the situation and should have done things much differently and it wouldn't have wound up like it did.
*sigh*

I'm just going to re-post my response to this very same question from SIX PAGES AGO...

Quote:
I say that because obviously, people like the guy I responded to aren't going to do anything about it and don't want to do anything about it.

First off, blacks have to take responsibility for themselves. We're not supposed to get handouts, right?
Second, I said what I said because some people don't give a damn about the black community. They say these things not as "constructive criticism", but just to find another way to back whatever backward ass racist preconceived notions they already have.

Those looters don't exactly speak for the ENTIRE race.
(p.s., you do have "freedom of speech", but I don't see anyone asking how YOU feel about it...)

Old 09-02-2014, 10:40 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,536,396 times
Meh, quit yer bitchin.

Old 09-02-2014, 10:58 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Oh, that is funny. What white supremacist?
Are you living in a bubble? Google Tea Party events in the south. And how about the lady John McCain had to put in her place for opposing Candidate Obama for being a Muslim. Not to mention water melon patch at the white house incident. I can go on but you probably already have your mind made up so there's not point

Old 09-02-2014, 12:03 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
You don't really believe that do you? What was the turnout in the black community the year he was elected? Something like 90%....

You'd have to be pretty naive to believe that skin color had nothing at all to do with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Are you kidding me. The majority of African Americans vote democratic. And they only make up 13% of the population. So guess who elected Obama...the white people. But you keep being naive lol
And he was also elected, in part, because the other candidate was a 70-year-old man with a history of cancer who selected a dimwit as his running mate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies