Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 07:40 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,097,165 times

Advertisements

I love how when there is a thread about guns being used to save lives, crickets, not a single liberal post about it, but when an unfortunate accident happens, they come out of the woodwork in several dupe threads they make about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2014, 07:41 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
I don't think any 9 year old should be shooting an automatic uzi at a gun range.

The instructor was stupid, in my opinion, for not standing behind the girl, instead, he stood beside the girl. Bullets go forward, not backwards, dumb ass.

So much stupidity here its hard to believe this actually happened. I don't advocate for banning weapons from purchase, but I think an age requirement for shooting an automatic or semiautomatic should be considered.

Old 08-27-2014, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I love how when there is a thread about guns being used to save lives, crickets, not a single liberal post about it, but when an unfortunate accident happens, they come out of the woodwork in several dupe threads.
Um, did you not read the thread yesterday about Chicago and having a lower crime rate while having carry permits going up?

Many liberals shot down the argument quite effectively.

Maybe you just aren't looking in the right place?

Old 08-27-2014, 07:43 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Do we really need to make every bad idea illegal?
No, we do not to make it illegal, laws do not cure the lack of Common Sense. But I have delivered a swift kick to the south side on more than one occasion when some moron cannot seem to or refuses to follow my instructions and the range rules, it is a lesson usually learned the first time it is applied. I lost count of the times I have had loaded weapons pointed at me and others on the range, even after a short class that emphasized Safety and most of all to never point a weapon at anyone or anything they do not intend to destroy. I used to carry and assembled rifle cleaning rod to assist in clearing jams and it came in very handy as a teaching tool for the hopelessly stupid.

Old 08-27-2014, 07:45 AM

50,291 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by casper in dallas View Post
no, we do not to make it illegal, laws do not cure the lack of common sense. but i have delivered a swift kick to the south side on more than one occasion when some moron cannot seem to or refuses to follow my instructions and the range rules, it is a lesson usually learned the first time it is applied. I lost count of the times i have had loaded weapons pointed at me and others on the range, even after a short class that emphasized safety and most of all to never point a weapon at anyone or anything they do not intend to destroy. I used to carry and assembled rifle cleaning rod to assist in clearing jams and it came in very handy as a teaching tool for the hopelessly stupid.
this ^

Old 08-27-2014, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
No, we do not to make it illegal, laws do not cure the lack of Common Sense. But I have delivered a swift kick to the south side on more than one occasion when some moron cannot seem to or refuses to follow my instructions and the range rules, it is a lesson usually learned the first time it is applied. I lost count of the times I have had loaded weapons pointed at me and others on the range, even after a short class that emphasized Safety and most of all to never point a weapon at anyone or anything they do not intend to destroy. I used to carry and assembled rifle cleaning rod to assist in clearing jams and it came in very handy as a teaching tool for the hopelessly stupid.
Most of the people I grew up around practiced good gun safety throughout. A few moronic incidents here and there, but this is to be expected, people are people and fallible.

I lost all sense of comfort around other people with guns on my first day at the gun range in basic.

Thank God they didn't have full auto weapons out that day. Same things, guns pointed at my face, etc. I went and told one of my TI's that I would be more than happy to shoot, but I needed them to get everyone else off the range because I wasn't comfortable around so many gun virgins. I believe I used the term, gun virgins. They were not amused of course, but the fact remains, I was very aware of the danger I was in, for no good damned reason.

Old 08-27-2014, 07:48 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post

That being said, no one under 16 should be handling this type of weapon.
So you also support gun control. Excellent.

I know I'm being a bit provocative with my posts, but my point is that there DOES need to be some control (just like there is for automobiles) and the tactic to always equate "control" with "ban" is disingenuous at best, and really just a way to avoid the subject.

In favor of controls.
Not advocating for a gun-ban.

Old 08-27-2014, 07:52 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I love how when there is a thread about guns being used to save lives, crickets, not a single liberal post about it, but when an unfortunate accident happens, they come out of the woodwork in several dupe threads they make about it.
That is because guns are legal, and that doesn't need to change.

No need to change means nothing to say (crickets).

Advocating removal of all controls, allowing a 9 year old (or any normal citizen for that matter) to have free access to an Uzi is a different topic, and tends to bring some out of the woodwork.

The same could be said for your side. I haven't seen too many pro-gun people post threads saying that they support gun rights, but gee-whiz, look at the cost of it. That would not support their agenda, and therefore wouldn't make sense, would it?

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
So you also support gun control. Excellent.

I know I'm being a bit provocative with my posts, but my point is that there DOES need to be some control (just like there is for automobiles) and the tactic to always equate "control" with "ban" is disingenuous at best, and really just a way to avoid the subject.

In favor of controls.
Not advocating for a gun-ban.
I fired full auto weapons when I was 12, wasn't a big deal. No need to ban something because one person made a bad decision.

50,291 posts, read 47,043,365 times
I know 8 yr olds that I could train on a weapon and I've seen grown adults that shouldn't have one at all. What "controls" do we put into place? Literally it would have to be a panel of experts following someone around for a long time to make that determination. Ain't no one got time for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies