Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2014, 02:58 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,107,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
He's doing his job just fine.

We aren't fighting ISIS yet, are we?

That's a good thing.
Do air strikes count? Or do we actually have to have boots on the ground in combat for it to count as "fighting"?

The US IS in it, indirectly. Air strikes and supplying weapons and about 1,000 military servicemen classified as "advisors".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2014, 03:59 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Good Point - does that mean we are making some progress?
Or does it mean that he did one of his "off teleprompter" gaffs again?

Obama is a man in Panic Mode. A very dangerous thing. A person in "Panic Mode" is very unstable.
His comments were completely off tele prompter the truth accidentally slipped out. He has no policy

Old 08-29-2014, 04:01 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
He's doing his job just fine.

We aren't fighting ISIS yet, are we?

That's a good thing.
We have been bombing them. How is that not fighting them

Old 08-29-2014, 04:04 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,072,112 times
A few observations:

1. The general public started hearing about ISIS in June. It's currently late August. While I'm sure that Obama and company have heard about them for a bit longer than the general public, it's still early. Developing workable strategies takes time. Chillax.

2. Seriously, unless you're an Islamic extremist, we're all on the same side here. Obama should not be expected to act unilaterally. There is a log of fighting between Republicans and Democrats right now, but both parties have some interest in serving American citizens' interests. This is a time to work together, and Obama should definitely get input from politicians and advisers in both parties.

3. I think Obama has checked out. He's already lost. Much of it was his own doing, although much of it was also well-executed attacks from Republicans. Obama is a bit hypersensitive - he knows he lost, and he's just going to go through the motions now. A similar thing happened with Bush in about 2006. But congrats Republicans on your victory.

Old 08-29-2014, 04:12 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
At least he did draw a line this time; but still its pretty weak appearing to enemies.

Old 08-29-2014, 04:12 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Count your lucky starts that you live in Texas ....
I believe that ISIS/ISIL/IS is threatening Downtown Chicago and Las Vegas .... so far.

But ... so what? Right? No skin off your nose.
A couple of weeks ago, some derpy lil' ISIS jerk was threatening the White House. It was shown on all the news channels. That bearded dwarf is now feeding worms. Anyone can make threats. They scare some more than others, obviously.

Old 08-29-2014, 04:15 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
I hope the people who elected this dope are satisfied.
Well, to read some of their posts, yes, they are very satisfied. They are as clueless as Obama is.

Old 08-29-2014, 04:20 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
You seem to be missing a lot of information, I mean a lot of information.
Please forward your secret intel to the Pentagon. Our country depends on you.

Quote:
Unless, of course, if you possess all the intel that has been collected on ISIS through our military and CIA, and know exactly what other countries "think" and are doing or not doing, and all that info amounts to what you posted, you could be right.
I know this...

The countries being "threatened" by the ISIS offensive aren't concerned enough about it to do anything. All the action is occurring right in their back yard, yet it isn't causing them any great concern. But the 24 hr news cycle here in the USA is sure making hay out of it. And it's working. Viewership must be up, judging by all the fear-induced cries for action in this thread alone.

Me?

I think the USA has already dumped $trillions down the middle east toilet for absolutely no gain. Doing more of what doesn't work is something we're famous for, but it's dumb. I'm against dumb.

Old 08-29-2014, 04:26 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,072,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Well, to read some of their posts, yes, they are very satisfied. They are as clueless as Obama is.
Like you guys could be "satisfied" with Obama's response regardless.

ISIS is a bipartisan issue if there ever was one.

Old 08-29-2014, 04:35 AM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
Another ODS thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies