Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 07:15 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,760,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
I think I disagree with that. That sounds like "your" opinion without any data to back it up, which (in itself) sounds "racist".

The "Ferguson incident" isn't on my mind, but, it's obvious you haven't let it go....
There has been more racial threads than normal after the "Ferguson incident" happened, and many of the racial threads on the main page stem from it... That is what the OP was referring too, and clearly was not saying that it is in fact on EVERY single person's mind...

Old 08-30-2014, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Why???

That is the way I read it.
Then you can not read...

Old 08-30-2014, 07:17 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,468,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
So many posts about blacks or Hispanics. I get that the Ferguson incident is still fresh on the mind. But let it go. It's really sad how many racist people there are in this country.
It's sad that there are people who think there are many racists in the country. If you want to be sad, you should be sad that a person like Al Sharpton is able to get so much media attention and money by race baiting. You should be sad that the left wing has so little genuine interest in the welfare of the country that they are willing to stir up so much racial animosity in order to gain attention and votes. You should be sad that liberal policies in social spending have instilled such a sense of entitlement and lack of work ethic and lack of value in education in minorities that there is a multigenerational poverty problem. You should be sad that the liberals are willing to spread more and move poverty around in return for votes by trying to get millions and millions more unskilled workers from across the border.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:18 PM

73,067 posts, read 62,680,395 times
Quote:
Why???

That is the way I read it.
This is the deal. You might have the Constitutional right to have a racist mindset. However, I, along with everyone else, have the right to disapprove of it and express that disapproval.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:20 PM

260 posts, read 195,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
So many posts about blacks or Hispanics. I get that the Ferguson incident is still fresh on the mind. But let it go. It's really sad how many racist people there are in this country.
Have you recently moved to America? If so, I understand your query. If not, have you been in a coma?

America is very fascinated by race and the caste system it has created, creates. Other than that, white American folks are scared because they see so many different-looking faces and colors and they are not used to seeing them operate in positions earning incomes that make them feel small by comparison.

When the differently-colored folks work in menial positions, white American folks understandably wonder for how long the farce can go on and if there will be an uprising. (I'm totally serious.) Also, if the newer, darker generations will eclipse their precious spawn and put them to shame, or worse, take on the jobs their kids haven't the qualifications for or the 'right' ethnicity that places them in the loop to get those jobs. Basically, they are afraid of what they themselves have perpetrated being perpetrated upon them and theirs.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:21 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,365,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is the deal. You might have the Constitutional right to have a racist mindset. However, I, along with everyone else, have the right to disapprove of it and express that disapproval.
Oh....not EVERYONE else.....nope.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:21 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,401,997 times
racist is a term used, that cannot be defended, like have you quit beating your wife yet. when somebody doesn't agree with you, the only way you can win is by calling them vile name. so you call them racist, or a troll. they no defense.

its not that they are racist, its the only way you can get the upper hand and win the argument

Old 08-30-2014, 07:24 PM

73,067 posts, read 62,680,395 times
Quote:
Again, I have said something was not like, but couldn't be refuted. The typical response is a crass comment.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:31 PM

Quote:
I don't mind racist people. I think that's their Right. I actually have respect for you because you're man enough to admit it. What I can't respect are the cowardly closet racist who fly the Confederate flag and constantly cite the same KKK propaganda, but aren't man enough to admit to it... It's like the Internet is the equivalent to the white sheets cowards wore back in the day so that they could not be identified for what they were.

Anyway, like the OP, I wish both sides (Black and White people) would $TFU about race already. I really get tired of hearing both sides whine about how they are the victim and how the other side is the problem.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:35 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,365,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
I don't mind racist people. I think that's their Right. I actually have respect for you because you're man enough to admit it. What I can't respect are the cowardly closet racist who fly the Confederate flag and constantly cite the same KKK propaganda, but aren't man enough to admit to it... It's like the Internet is the equivalent to the white sheets cowards wore back in the day so that they could not be identified for what they were.
Thank you.

This is new to me.....the last five years or, so.

As a teen I wanted to be black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies