Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 11:09 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I have no idea what it is but there is a ratio between each pound of fruit/ vegetable consumed and another anchor baby.

We want our food cheap and blame government for the consequences.

Only a 100+ year trac record, here.

Europe has the same challenge, different demographic.
And a good deal of it is imported now.
Where I am it's mostly from Chile and Mexico.
Once in a while we get grapes from California and that's when I buy them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2014, 11:15 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Default "American's Won't Do the Work, So We Have to Hire Illegals!"

Not a "liberal lie."

It's what "American corporations" claim to justify their hiring millions of illegals at sub minimum wage rates.

The statement could be made true by a simple modification:

"Americans won't do the work at below minimum wage, so we bring in illegals, which has the added benefit of holding down wages for Americans in other jobs."

Illegal immigration is just another aspect of corporate welfare.

Old 09-01-2014, 11:19 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,719,269 times
Quote:
Most who continue to employ undocumented workers are small businesses. They view any action taken to prevent them from employing undocumented workers as a War on Small Business. They make sure their elected politicians continue to focus the blame on the illegal workers instead of the root cause. This is as non-partisan as it gets.
We can still do more with E-Verify. It does work. Several years ago my favorite McDonalds employed almost all illegals and were raided. They had to close for several days. Now when I go in I see a handful of hispanics or maybe none. E-Verify should be part of immigration reform. The use of E-Verify is voluntary although about half the states have required e-verify.

Old 09-01-2014, 11:21 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,473,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Obviously, I google quite well, as I found valid links to back up every assertion I made to refute your post. you made the claims and stated them as facts, it should be easy for you back them up.

It's a right wing, conservative myth that there are 30 million illegal immigrants in the nation.
It's an outright, bald faced lie that all illegal immigrants are sending on average $400 a week back home.
The whole premise is that illegals will take jobs away from American citizens by working for less than minimum wage. To be able to send $400 a week home means they are working 80 hours a week for 5.00 an hour, or 60 hours a week for 7.50 an hour and not spending a dime for food, housing or anything and receiving all cash, under the table, with no withholding. And you want us to believe that 30 million of them are doing this?

I call all your facts and figures false on their face
Prove me wrong.

How about the inflated rents that tens of miillons of legals must pay as a result of illegals who have to live somewhere and who cause rental occupancy to necessarily skyrocket?

Old 09-01-2014, 11:25 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,267,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
We can still do more with E-Verify. It does work. Several years ago my favorite McDonalds employed almost all illegals and were raided. They had to close for several days. Now when I go in I see a handful of hispanics or maybe none. E-Verify should be part of immigration reform. The use of E-Verify is voluntary although about half the states have required e-verify.
Very few state require it for private employers. Federal, state, and to some extent private gov contractors are usually the people mandated under E-verify.

Old 09-01-2014, 11:25 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
The issue is that Americans won't work for the same pay as illegals but they shouldn't have to. We have minimum wage laws here and employers are bypassing them by hiring illegals under the table (both employer and the illegals are breaking the law and taking jobs from Americans). IF there were no illegals, these jobs would pay more (and pay taxes). What's happening is the employers don't want to pay what they'd have to to get American workers so they cry that they HAVE TO HIRE ILLEGALS because LAZY Americans won't take these jobs when in reality the real problem is that Americans won't let them underpay them to do these jobs.
Then there are conservatives, right of right,

who want to eliminate wage and labor laws and all welfare benefits. Some also advocate to eliminate all public education. If you don't want to starve, you work for third world wages. I understand the motives of ultra conservative plutocrats. I also understand the intent of leading with extreme positions. No one knows better than the plutocrats that there are a heck of a lot more of " them" than there are plutocrats and to keep their throats from being slit in the night, it is necessary to redistribute a certain amount of wealth.

I don't understand the buy in from the people who echo plutocrat sentiments. Do they think that their wage would somehow be protected? Do they believe that less taxes means the 50% who do pay taxes will have more to spend?

How many of them are employed in jobs that depend on a certain amount of redistribution of wealth and wage and labor laws?

When your customers are earning third world wages, they will do without your product/ service.

Old 09-01-2014, 11:26 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,473,071 times
Quote:
I have no idea what it is but there is a ratio between each pound of fruit/ vegetable consumed and another anchor baby.

We want our food cheap and blame government for the consequences.

Only a 100+ year trac record, here.

Europe has the same challenge, different demographic.

Some people NEED their food cheap.

Old 09-01-2014, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's not most of us regular conservatives that support illegal aliens. Only those who hire them do. As for the agriculture industry only 3% of illegals are doing those jobs.
What percentage are US citizens?

Old 09-01-2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
not only true but has caused the destruction of the trade job opportunities in america. 60 million illegals have worked their way up to traditional trade jobs and taken them over.
kidults think of traditional trade jobs as shameful work.
yet that is how our grandfathers fed us.
america does not need 20 million more managers with general ed advanced degrees. ask anybody working at starbucks with a mega student loan.
the average kidult needs to get the lead out, get a traditional trade and an air ticket to dubai or saudi arabia.
grow up time. wake wake baby child. u r 30. somebody stole your cheese while you were sleeping.
The trades in my area are dominated by undocumented Eastern Europeans workers.

Old 09-01-2014, 11:33 AM

86 posts, read 95,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Repulsive Liberal Lies: "American's Won't Do the Work, So We Have to Hire Illegals!"

Are business owners liberals now? In S.C. no less?
Corporations love open borders because it leads lower wages and rising consumption (total and not per capita). Liberals love immigration because they see hyper-globalization as a method of creating “world equality” and therefore push hardest for illegal and legal immigration even in continuing deep recession. Unrestricted trade with people and capital also means that corporation can ship all jobs to third world countries and replace the domestic workers with illegal and legal immigrants that work for very little.

There is of course another reason why Liberals love immigration and minorities and that is because they vote for liberals, in part because they need handouts but also because they continue with the immigration policy and of course will not try to assimilate them as conservatives would. Being white working class in United States is the same thing being a Republican and being Democrat is the same thing being a white liberal or a minority.

When apartheid (which was a bad system) was abolished in South Africa – real equality did never come about. Instead the new black elites, white liberals and corporations robbed the white and colored working and middle class form everything they had an created a mass-exodus to United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, USA and New Zeeland. South African blacks are still poor (and in many cases they are even worse off because they had at least jobs before) as they were under Apartheid but at least they have “gay-marriage” – they are told.

Most of the large investment banks like J.P Morgan, Bank of America and Morgan Stanly pour millions and millions of dollars into liberal causes. Banks and government works close together. Government provides Banks with cheap money and they are then given government incentives to borrow money (or speculate with poor people’s money) to poor people or bad creditors.

Of course, all these banks fail and government than bails them out. That was one of the first thing Barack Obama did when he was elected president – he bailed most of the bankers out. Banks love big government and so they support liberal causes which of course strive to increase government. Liberals don’t only work through the Democratic Party.

In name only, Sheldon Adelson gives millions and millions to the Republican Party and he does to because he feels they are little more pro-Israel than the Democrats but when it comes to all the rest he is a staunch progressive liberal. Liberalism is organized theft and loathing of poor people regardless of color. Liberalism has destroyed the African-American community. The idea with the civil-rights movement was not to give much needed liberty to African-Americans but to socialize them in their own agenda - Once hard working black Christians with stable families that once upheld good values turned into impoverished slaves under destructive ideals, junk-culture and consumption.

Some conservatives say that African-Americans killed Detroit. It was not the African-Americans that did it. They did nothing of that sort. It was the liberal who destroyed the Detroit by destroying the African-American community by sending their jobs overseas and replace their marriage, faith and lawfulness with Gangster-culture. Liberalism is an racist, inhuman and dangerous ideology.

Last edited by Eddybrown; 09-01-2014 at 12:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies