Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 09:56 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,907 times

Advertisements

He's probably going to be wearing the makeup while he's driving but they don't want him to wear it for the picture??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 09:57 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdblair5 View Post
should i be allowed to dress like a clown then for my DL?
Do you usually drive as a clown?

Old 09-03-2014, 10:43 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
<sigh> As to women and saying that the SC DMV lets them wear excessive makeup. Well, actually they will and have refused to take women's pictures who wore too much makeup as well. It's the SC DMV policy for both men and women. If your makeup disguises your natural features, it must come off. Interestingly enough, I saw this happen a couple of times while waiting on my daughter during her driver's test. Both times, it was women. That was just one day at a DMV so I can only imagine how many others get told the same. So basically, he's not special or being singled out. He's being treated like everyone else.

Old 09-03-2014, 10:46 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,699,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
COLUMBIA, S.C. – A 16-year-old in South Carolina is suing the state's Department of Motor Vehicles because the agency won't allow the teen to take a driver's license photo wearing makeup.

Chase Culpepper, who was born male, regularly wears makeup and either androgynous or women's clothing. The teen does not identify with gender-specific pronouns.

South Carolina teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup | Fox News
I saw the picture of this person, it wasn't thick clown makeup, it was like any other woman's makeup. I don't know if it's a guy or a girl, but again, it didn't hide anything so why the big deal at the DMV?

Couldn't the kid get the DMV on unauthorized modification of a legal document or some snazzy legal definition like that?

Old 09-03-2014, 10:48 PM

778 posts, read 823,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
here's his pic
That looks like a teenager wearing makeup. It's not excessive, and seriously, if that's how they dress most of the time their ID should reflect that.

Old 09-03-2014, 10:51 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiphead View Post
I saw the picture of this person, it wasn't thick clown makeup, it was like any other woman's makeup. I don't know if it's a guy or a girl, but again, it didn't hide anything so why the big deal at the DMV?

Couldn't the kid get the DMV on unauthorized modification of a legal document or some snazzy legal definition like that?
It just looks like a little mascara. That's all.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:09 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
COLUMBIA, S.C. – A 16-year-old in South Carolina is suing the state's Department of Motor Vehicles because the agency won't allow the teen to take a driver's license photo wearing makeup.

Chase Culpepper, who was born male, regularly wears makeup and either androgynous or women's clothing. The teen does not identify with gender-specific pronouns.

South Carolina teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup | Fox News
If he normally wears makeup and is readily identifiable, then I don't see the problem with him wearing makeup while taking the DL photo. If he was a she, this would be a non-issue because women wear makeup for their DL photos.

[what next? Don't comb your hair or shave?]

Old 09-03-2014, 11:18 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
So, basically if you are a bald male, you need to remove your wig/toupee?

If you are green eyed and wear the colored blue contacts, you need to remove them?

If you have false teeth, you need to remove them too?

What about falsies, should women remove them from their bras?

We are talking about things that make a person feel better, like a guy with a huge 4 inch part in the middle of his head, so he wants to wear a hairpiece so he feels better...

Old 09-03-2014, 11:22 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Another suit unlikely to go far; IMO.

Old 09-04-2014, 05:28 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I agree. I thought this was an old story though. Unfortunately, I doubt he will win. The executive branch just needs to say "nation security" and the court runs away with its tail between its legs.
It isn't the first time this has happened, but this particular instance is new. I hope he doesn't win, so I guess there will be those who want him to win and those who do not. There is no place on a DL to list "it" if he had a sex change that would be a totally different issue, he is a guy and is expected to resemble his sex on any ID picture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies