Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 01:43 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,204,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

Notice the anti gunners are staying far away from this thread....
They are probably too busy getting the torches ready for their next Torchlight Party Ral....err I mean protest. That, or fundraising to ensure this "victim of circumstance" gets out of prison as quickly as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2014, 01:54 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,577,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Just posting this because every time someone gets hurt or shot, the anti gunners come out in force and say SEE SEE SEE......guns are bad....so I thought I would start posting one for one....

Notice the anti gunners are staying far away from this thread....
I don't recall anyone ever wanting to ban ownership of guns. Remember the part where thou shalt not bear false witness?

Here's the general consensus amongst people who support gun control.

(1) Background checks.
(2) Licensing after proper training.
(3) Close loopholes.
(4) Common sense.

And no, letting a 9 year old girl to shoot an uzi is not common sense. Has it occurred to you that some of us actually own guns and support our right to bear arm just as much as the next right winger? We just want responsible gun ownership.

And no, carrying around rifles to gatherings at restaurants and other businesses ain't common sense either.

Old 09-13-2014, 03:20 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,967,414 times
[quote=chucksnee;36479293]NRA-ILA | Woman holds home invader of for police, The Omaha World-Herald, Omaha, Neb. 09/02/14

How dare this woman have a gun in her house when it was absolutely obvious that intruder was there for something he needed at that particular time and this lady was the only one who had that particular item...
She should be commended for standing up for her right to protect herself and property against crime.quote]
There fixed it for ya

Old 09-13-2014, 03:27 PM

46,329 posts, read 27,181,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair View Post
I don't recall anyone ever wanting to ban ownership of guns. Remember the part where thou shalt not bear false witness?
What false witness?

Quote:

(1) Background checks.
(3) Close loopholes.
(4) Common sense.
Anything to back this up?

BTW, background checks are already done. And BTW joe biden says they don't have time to prosecute those that lie on a background check WHO THEY CAUGHT.

What would a license do down the road, that's like saying, because you passed your drivers test, you won't drink and drive...

Quote:
And no, letting a 9 year old girl to shoot an uzi is not common sense. Has it occurred to you that some of us actually own guns and support our right to bear arm just as much as the next right winger? We just want responsible gun ownership.
People like thrills, this was that little girls thrill...just like doing something, the parents went through proper procedures...like it or not they did....that range ALLOWED IT...don't like it, tuff...they followed the rules...

Quote:
And no, carrying around rifles to gatherings at restaurants and other businesses ain't common sense either.
I would never do that, what gives you the right tell someone what they can or cannot do...if the LAW allows it....
Common sense is not the same person to person, right or wrong...

Old 09-13-2014, 03:36 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,715,233 times
Quote:
I don't recall anyone ever wanting to ban ownership of guns.

Ask Diane Feinstein

Old 09-14-2014, 06:11 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,032,466 times
Quote:

(1) Background checks.
(3) Close loopholes.
(4) Common sense.

We already have background checks and they work.

A license only leads to confiscation, it's in the history books. As for training, I trained myself with guns as a young kid using common sense.

Never read into the loop holes controversy so no comment.

Common Sense is just a liberal term for I don't have a clue about guns.

Old 09-14-2014, 10:00 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,382,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplies View Post
Not sure what the fuss is about with this story, a lot if women have guns and would have done the exact same thing, only some of us should have shot him without waiting for the police, that's the only slight difference.
And some people think she shouldn't have had a gun and should have let the criminal do anything he wants because "all life is sacred" <puke>.

This is another example of someone using a gun without shooting so it doesn't come up on the anti gun statistics radar so they claim this kind of defensive gun use doesn't exist.

She's sure lucky her gun did what she wanted and didn't kill her in her sleep some night. Guns have a mind of their own right?

Old 09-14-2014, 10:07 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,382,574 times
Quote:
Just because you "don't recall" it doesn't mean it doesn't happen, some people have an amazing capacity to ignore what they want including reality. Democrat politicians try to introduce gun bans every year, it's astounding that you "don't recall" anyone ever wanting to ban ownership of guns.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/24/politi...s-gun-control/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeRR7MwllH8

How many times does "ban" show up here? VPC - The Violence Policy Center - Assault Weapons and Accessories in America - The Assault Weapons Debate

Old 09-14-2014, 10:12 AM

19,849 posts, read 22,754,667 times
Quote:

(1) Background checks.
(3) Close loopholes.
(4) Common sense.

That's pretty much my opinion on the matter.

Old 09-14-2014, 10:17 AM

46,329 posts, read 27,181,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
That's pretty much my opinion on the matter.
Then you are very well uniformed, as most anti gunners are....did you NOT see the YouTube video that was just before your post? She very clearly states she would take all guns from everyone....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies