Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 06:51 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,169,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Unfortunately, a lot of criminals wear badges.

The cops should be punished -- and harshly -- as well as be subjected to a lawsuit. But more often than not, the "brotherhood of the blue line" is more than willing to look the other way when one of their own breaks the law, instead of enforcing it.
The problem isnt the cops, its the law which allowed it to take place
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2014, 06:57 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,169,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
There is no govenrment funding shortfall.

Government is funded VASTLY beyond what is necessary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Um, sure. Whatever you say.

This is the TOTAL government revenue, of all agencies.. nearly 1/3rd nations GDP

Old 09-15-2014, 07:08 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,850,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Unfortunately, a lot of criminals wear badges.

The cops should be punished -- and harshly -- as well as be subjected to a lawsuit. But more often than not, the "brotherhood of the blue line" is more than willing to look the other way when one of their own breaks the law, instead of enforcing it.
Unfortunately, what the police did was perfectly legal.

Old 09-15-2014, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" Here is a story"

Just another example of an attempt to discredit EVEY cop in America because of a few bad apples.

Please, PLEASE tell us WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU to make you hate the police so much.
Use of the Civil Forfeiture statutes unfortunately has become a very common practice and is not limited to a "few bad apples."

Old 09-15-2014, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
How about starting with the biggest Government criminal around ? A guy that would sell automatic
weapons to Mexican drug cartels just so he could see how many Border Patrol Agent's might die.

Why is that slime bucket Eric Holder still on the Feds payroll ? Is it so he can stir up more racial tension
like he did in Ferguson, Mo. ? Brian Terry died because of that weasel. I hope that bast-rd Holder gets
what's coming to him...
Care to share any evidence that what you just wrote has any basis in fact.

Old 09-15-2014, 07:18 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
This is the TOTAL government revenue, of all agencies.. nearly 1/3rd nations GDP
-Ends in 2011, a bit out of date...this year is estimated from then.
-No where does it say what percentage this is. So another person word for it without data.
-Nowhere does it say what it should be and why.

Is this what really qualifies for evidence to you that it's too much? One graph out of context without anything else?

You know what, if this is your childish attempt to justify it to yourself...go ahead. I have more of a chance to win Powerball. No wonder you are on a free moving forum and not making economic suggestions that can become policy. It's kind of funny watching the frustration of people that wonder why they aren't taken seriously if this is the best.

Old 09-15-2014, 08:55 PM

1,259 posts, read 829,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Do you really believe they just stopped him on some hunch? He every likely was snitched out by one of his co-horts. They knew just exactly what he was up to and I say good job. Nothing to do with big government than any other crook being caught. Bet he ultimately turned over other information .No honor among druggies; never has been. Willing to steal from family certainly willing to turn information.
Yup. I am afraid you're right. It's a nice and touchy but I suspect there is much more to this story. lol

Old 09-15-2014, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_thoughts View Post
Yup. I am afraid you're right. It's a nice and touchy but I suspect there is much more to this story. lol
For anyone who has been following the evolution of the use of Civil Forfeiture for the last 40 years there is nothing unusual about this case at all. There are thousands of people who have experienced similar treatment. I know of a case of a person who routinely flew to Texas from Tennessee to purchase supplies for the business he ran. He frequently carried large amounts of cash. They suspicious activity that drew the attention of the police was paying for the plane tickets with cash. The police confiscated the $20,000 he was carrying and never charged him with a crime.

Old 09-15-2014, 10:53 PM

1,259 posts, read 829,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
For anyone who has been following the evolution of the use of Civil Forfeiture for the last 40 years there is nothing unusual about this case at all. There are thousands of people who have experienced similar treatment. I know of a case of a person who routinely flew to Texas from Tennessee to purchase supplies for the business he ran. He frequently carried large amounts of cash. They suspicious activity that drew the attention of the police was paying for the plane tickets with cash. The police confiscated the $20,000 he was carrying and never charged him with a crime.

What kind of supplies you buy with cash nowadays? Drugs? Lol. C'mon, do you guys believe that we were all born yesterday? Lol

Old 09-15-2014, 11:56 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,674,899 times
Truth be told it is organized crime on a grand scale. From the elected officials that write such laws, courts that uphold them, police that commit them. I felt safer when it was just the Mafia doing the shakedowns. But the government ran them out of business because they didn't like competition. HIGHWAY ROBBERY is highway robbery and nothing more.

Taking cash from ordinary people w/o due process is criminal activity under color of authority it's insulting and despicable. There are lots of reasons to use cash and to claim otherwise shows ignorance. It may not be necessary or desirable for you to have cash so no one else should either puts ignorance on an alter.

To assume it's drug money is the same as saying if you have a gun in your possession your a cold blooded killer, Drive a car your guilty of vehicular homicide. I could go on and on. It's the same kind of reasoning that violates domestic tranquility and social order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies